Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #281
joelones
Beast Machine
Re: MP-29 Shockwave... Shipping/Release Speculation and Enthusiasm Thread

Wow, you guys lucked out, just got dinged with taxes on SW from AA. Kind of worries me about Ratchet now even though it falls below 10,000 yen.

Last edited by joelones; 04-20-2016 at 08:16 PM.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #282
Northof49
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by monishb View Post
Japan post and anime export both confirmed likely it's sitting with customs both state they( cbsa) are back logged
I totally agree with you that it is with CBSA. They are always the ones that screw it up in my experience. It is sad however, that there is not a single mention on Canada Post's web site about a delay in customs at the Pacific Processing Centre and we can get more accurate info from Japan Post. As I have said before, first world problems, but man this is just stupid. I am thinking that most of the CBSA officers at the PPC went on vacation or something and left one guy to sort through all the incoming mail. It really puts a stain on Canada Post reputation (Or does it?)

In good news it looks like it finally cleared and should be delivered tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #283
monishb
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northof49 View Post
I totally agree with you that it is with CBSA. They are always the ones that screw it up in my experience. It is sad however, that there is not a single mention on Canada Post's web site about a delay in customs at the Pacific Processing Centre and we can get more accurate info from Japan Post. As I have said before, first world problems, but man this is just stupid. I am thinking that most of the CBSA officers at the PPC went on vacation or something and left one guy to sort through all the incoming mail. It really puts a stain on Canada Post reputation (Or does it?)

In good news it looks like it finally cleared and should be delivered tomorrow.
They making postal system look bad. I think one guy is there lol. In other news my package still has not moved still enroute to Canada
monishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #284
Msol
Titanium

Yikes... ordered two from HLJ.

$47 in fees!

Guy at Canada Post says they'll likely keep dinging me seeing as I'm ordering stuff pretty regularly now from HLJ. I was worried it was cause the dollar value was too high. He said that's probably not it.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:52 PM   #285
monishb
Generation 2

Nevermind my package arrived today in Richmond. Jeez only after 20 day's!
monishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:23 PM   #286
Northof49
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post

$47 in fees!

Guy at Canada Post says they'll likely keep dinging me seeing as I'm ordering stuff pretty regularly now from HLJ. I was worried it was cause the dollar value was too high. He said that's probably not it.
I wouldn't worry about getting dinged all the time. I order a ton of stuff from Japan and on average I get dinged about 10% of the time. There is no rhyme or reason to how CBSA taxes imported mail. My last shipment of car parts was worth $500 and it went through without any taxes applied. IMHO YMMV when it comes to customs. It really is a game of chance.

That being said, CBSA dinged me for the taxes and a service charge! Ha service! What service? I paid for the privilege of them holding up my parcel for three weeks. Argh! Man those people are so random. Oh well at least I finally have my stuff.

Last edited by Northof49; 04-27-2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Update
Northof49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #287
Pascal
Banned

I don't think I've ever paid customs on stuff landing in Mississauga. Richmond, quite often if it came from AmiAmi.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:44 PM   #288
Msol
Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northof49 View Post
I wouldn't worry about getting dinged all the time. I order a ton of stuff from Japan and on average I get dinged about 10% of the time. There is no rhyme or reason to how CBSA taxes imported mail. My last shipment of car parts was worth $500 and it went through without any taxes applied. IMHO YMMV when it comes to customs. It really is a game of chance.
Man I don't know what to believe anymore, then. I put in a request for HLJ to send my packages to my US postbox thing and I'll drive it across myself. The $3 fee at the mailbox is guaranteed, but I definitely feel it'll hurt less in the long run. It's maybe a 20 minute detour from work so it won't hurt too bad, plus I'll grab cheap american gas on the way
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:51 AM   #289
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post

$47 in fees!

Unless you're talking to a custom's agent, I'd say they're fairly full of shit. How much stuff are you ordering? If you're like me, it's a few packages every few months (keeping up with the pre-order MPs)...and in the past three years of being involved in this hobby, I've been dinged ONCE with fees. Literally, once out of dozens of shipments.

$47 does indeed suck, but if you average that over all your annual purchases and the amount you're saving vs buying local (if that's even an option), chances are you're ahead.

I'm convinced it's a crapshoot, from personal experience. If I were getting dinged on every shipment, I'd go local. Good luck to ya, in any case.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:28 AM   #290
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monishb View Post
Nevermind my package arrived today in Richmond. Jeez only after 20 day's!
Awesome, glad to hear there's progress. If it's anything like mine, you should receive it tomorrow. (It'll prob show Fri as expected delivery, but if it's in Abby tmrw morning, expect it to be sent out for delivery the same day).