Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #5701
venksta
Render Project Creations
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
Hey guys, do you know if the packaging for the Canadian Metroplex is different from the American one that has the voice chip? I'd imagine that the Canadian one is bi-lingual, is that correct?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave and buy the $180 Metroplex from Central City Comix, unless anyone can point me towards a cheaper option.
Theres one on craigslist for $155:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...334118132.html

There should also be at least one kicking around somewhere at retail here. I'm sure someone has seen one?
Old 03-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #5702
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
MP-21 is up on HLJ now.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80318/Sci

I pre-ordered both MP-20 and 21 from Nippon Yasan. Prices are about $5-$6 cheaper than HLJ and same shipping cost.
Nice, preordered from HLJ. I've been pretty happy with HLJ so far so I'll stick with them for the time being. When Magnus is announced I'll see how much the cost difference is and re-evaluate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if the "Optimus departs" mythos that started with the '86 movie was just that? That he needed a break and took off? I wonder if "stress leave" would be easier to comprehend than the finality of death and dying.
Hah, maybe that was it. Millions of years of war and always being so inspirational must get tiring. He kinda did that in IDW though. "PEACE. You guys can deal with this shit now". And so we have Bee with his lack of confidence and Rodimus the enormous douchebag.

Quote:
For my 7 year old son and 4 year old daughter Optimus' death was easy to explain in the context of machines that no longer work so they turn off. But when my wife's grandfather died recently it wasn't that easy. Being Catholic (or at least pretending to be Catholic like all good Catholics do ) we had the concept of "heaven" that we could use but I sensed in my older one some uneasiness caused by the suspicion that there may be really nothing at the other end.
The concept of death is still tough for anyone. We just had to put our cat down a couple weeks ago and it was the hardest decision I've made in my life. As someone who's not really sure about what happens after I really struggled with it. I've lost grandparents and older relatives and it's very sad but it's a little easier when there's no choice. In the end we just have to hope that there is more to the universe than just this life, and try to live the best we can whether there is or isn't.

Quote:
Sorry folks, sippping my coffee and depressurizing after a rather harrowing bicycle commute to work today. I guess it's Murphy's Law that I'd be nearly killed by a speeding dump truck on the clearest, brightest, most dry morning in a while
Yikes, yeah I've had a few close encounters too. Usually because I'm not paying 100% attention. Figures that it's the nicest day in months and that happens.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 03-12-2014 at 01:36 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #5703
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Theres one on craigslist for $155:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...334118132.html

There should also be at least one kicking around somewhere at retail here. I'm sure someone has seen one?
Thanks, I'll make a post in the Wanted section to see if there are any offers.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #5704
carissa
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Sorry folks, sippping my coffee and depressurizing after a rather harrowing bicycle commute to work today. I guess it's Murphy's Law that I'd be nearly killed by a speeding dump truck on the clearest, brightest, most dry morning in a while
Glad to hear you're okay, Jer. Take care of yourself.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #5705
ChrisW
Thread Killer

Quote:
I saw one at Bowmac TRU, but it was 3 weeks ago. Don't know if it is still there. It was in the TF section on the bottom shelf.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #5706
Northof49
Generation 2
Thumbs up Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
MP-21 is up on HLJ now.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80318/Sci

I pre-ordered both MP-20 and 21 from Nippon Yasan. Prices are about $5-$6 cheaper than HLJ and same shipping cost.
Thanks for the heads up! I had been keeping an eye on HLJ the last couple of days and missed it. I was searching for Bumblebee and not simply Bumble. Either way I have two or order now.

For the few extra bucks they're going for on HLJ, I have the reassurance of their solid customer service IMHO and the private warehouse option.

Last edited by Northof49; 03-12-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Northof49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #5707
pandaprime
aficionado!

Just passing this along, I have nothing to do wit this

When

Saturday April 5, 2014
11:00 am – 4:00 pm

Where
Scottish Cultural Centre
8886 Hudson Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 4N2
Event Phone Number: (604) 521·6304.

What
Don’t miss our first event of this year the Pop Culture Collectibles Fair and Computer Swap Meet, Saturday April 5 at the Scottish Cultural Centre. It is an affordable and fun day for the entire family. There will be a great selection of dealers carrying electronics, computer items, printers, monitors, cell phones, memory, and more!

You will also be able to find rare toys, memorabilia, new cards, current & vintage comics (Early DC & Marvel), coins, action figures, crafts, Transformers, Star Wars collectibles, wrestling, boxing, Hot Wheels, 8-Track tapes, die-cast models, art, jewelry, movies, video games, records, cds, dvds, and all kinds of collectibles!.

Lots of great deals!
Free Star Wars Comic Book to the first 100 Guests
Turn your extra items into cash $ ..Eight foot Dealer Tables $40 each or two for $70

Admission: $3. Children 12 & under free. Free parking.

For more info, please visit
http://www.fun-promo.com/

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #5708
Msol
Titanium

Quote:
So, for a general consensus, how many BC people are planning to goto Botcon this year, since its in Pasadena CA again? I remember in 2011, when it was in Pasadena, I ended up bumping into a couple people from here, which was fun. We ended up all going for lunch on the Friday of the show.

HLJ hasn't gotten their preorders up yet. I'm waiting to order from them myself.
I'll be going this year, definitely. 30th anniversary sounds like a good idea. I have a buddy who lives in Long Beach so I'll be staying with (and bringing) him. Now just need to figure out if I'm driving down with the gf or flying in.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #5709
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northof49 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I had been keeping an eye on HLJ the last couple of days and missed it. I was searching for Bumblebee and not simply Bumble. Either way I have two or order now.

For the few extra bucks they're going for on HLJ, I have the reassurance of their solid customer service IMHO and the private warehouse option.
No problem. HLJ is still my go-to place for Gunpla and other Japanese stuff, but I thought I'd try out Nippon Yasan.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #5710
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
Just passing this along, I have nothing to do wit this

When

Saturday April 5, 2014
11:00 am – 4:00 pm

Where
Scottish Cultural Centre
8886 Hudson Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 4N2
Event Phone Number: (604) 521·6304.
Has anyone actually gone to this? Always see the ad but never find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
I'll be going this year, definitely. 30th anniversary sounds like a good idea. I have a buddy who lives in Long Beach so I'll be staying with (and bringing) him. Now just need to figure out if I'm driving down with the gf or flying in.
Wish I could go But just not in the cards this year.

Quote:
No problem. HLJ is still my go-to place for Gunpla and other Japanese stuff, but I thought I'd try out Nippon Yasan.
Ditto. Usually order various things from HLJ. But figured be good to test out a back up site just in case.