Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #4411
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Thanks Darth Cylon, that clears up all the questions I have. I will probably get all my order ship at once then, just two MPs anyways.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #4412
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Spec View Post
With HLJ preorders do you pay up front or when the item is in stock?

Considering going the HLJ route if it means saving some moolah
In stock. you'll get a payment notice 2-3 days before the Japanese release date. I like their private warehouse option too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
In-stock. But they are much less forgiving about cancelled preorders and delayed payments, so keep that in mind.
I guess you use paypal? I use my Amex and never have any issue. Also if you need to cancel preorder you can just go into your account and cancel it. No fuss.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #4413
carissa
Energon

Hey guys.... BBTS is finally getting their MP-17s in. My preorder says "processing" - any ideas what that actually means? How close is it to being ready to ship?

First time with a preorder on BBTS ... so .... yeah...
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #4414
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

^Processing payment. After that it will move to the warehouse for packing. Could be anywhere from 24 hours to a few days depending on the speed of your payment clearance (Paypal may take longer) and how busy their staff is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
In stock. you'll get a payment notice 2-3 days before the Japanese release date. I like their private warehouse option too.

I guess you use paypal? I use my Amex and never have any issue. Also if you need to cancel preorder you can just go into your account and cancel it. No fuss.
Yeah, Paypal. But they say they require payment within 8 days after it arrives in stock or the order will be cancelled. BBTS gives you 2 weeks, I think.

HLJ's terms said they want to avoid cancelled preorders and if you cancel too many they may close your account: "Preorder cancellation policy: While we accept customers' cancellations of all or part of their order at any time prior to payment processing (this can be done in My Account), we ask that you keep cancellations to a minimum by avoiding heat-of-the-moment orders and making sure that you really want something before you click the Add to Cart button. Overstocks due to customer cancellations affect our ability to offer great prices, so this is in everybody's interest! We reserve the right to limit or close the accounts of customers who abuse the cancellation policy, or abandon shippable orders without submitting payment. "

But maybe they just say that to deter unnecessary cancellations and in practice they are more forgiving.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #4415
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa View Post
Hey guys.... BBTS is finally getting their MP-17s in. My preorder says "processing" - any ideas what that actually means? How close is it to being ready to ship?

First time with a preorder on BBTS ... so .... yeah...
That means they have received stock for your item and are now processing the order and payment. Once they have done so, it will either drop into your Pile of Loot or will be packaged up and shipped (if your PoL is not turned on).
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #4416
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
But maybe they just say that to deter unnecessary cancellations and in practice they are more forgiving.
I think they are just stating the obvious. If it's a hot pre-order item, any spot vacated by cancellation will be quickly filled up by others.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #4417
carissa
Energon

Yay! Ready to ship! Now do I be patient and wait for the item that's supposed to arrive later this month (Dr Wu Rain Storm) or just tell it to ship? Hmmmm
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #4418
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

Off topic looks like TRU is upholding there 15 day price adjustment. Was looking to price adjust some SW figs (18 days) and got denied =p
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #4419
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_saber View Post
Off topic looks like TRU is upholding there 15 day price adjustment. Was looking to price adjust some SW figs (18 days) and got denied =p
Is there another sale? How much off and which items? There's no front page news for a current sale.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #4420
Northof49
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I think Chris Hemsworth's hair was a bit off with the Thor hairdo.

I also strongly recommend the Senna film/documentary.
Okay, now that I see them side by side, Hemsworth's hair is a bit off. Maybe no so spot on as I first thought. I'll have to check out the Senna film sometime. I can still remember seeing his crash live on T.V. It was so tragic. He had so much more racing in him.

As for HLJ and their cancellation policy, I find that they are forgiving and I have never had any trouble when I have cancelled an item or two. Having said that though I still try to keep it to a minimum out of respect as every pre-order I place is a contract and intent to buy with them.

Last edited by Northof49; 10-01-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Northof49 is offline   Reply With Quote