Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #3561
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Anyway, next step is a 64GB Micro SD card! I can't use Amazon because I have no credit card right now, are there any other comparable options where I'm guaranteed to get legitimate goods? Best Buy & Future Shop don't want my money with their terrible pricing, so I don't know where else to go.
Try the tech part stores like NCIX. On their weekly sale (ends Wednesday, then a new one starts up) right now they have a:

Patriot 64gb microSDXC Class 10 for $50
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=81570&...t&promoid=1275

But one thing - are you sure your phone can read a 64gb SDXC card? Best to make sure first (if you haven't already). If not, 32gb SDHC ones are under $20 at NCIX on sale.

Actually, after googling for your Xperia ZL, it looks like it can handle the card.

Here's this week's main sale page:
http://ncix.com/promo/promosale.php?...ff2013&sn=2019

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023

Last edited by thebobkat; 07-29-2013 at 04:28 PM.
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #3562
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, I think the latest update dealt with compatibility for larger cards. Otherwise I read you can just reformat it and it'll work anyway, but that probably depends on the phone.

Cool, thanks. I thought NCIX might be a good option, but are Patriot cards okay? I've only used Sandisk and Kingston, Patriot always struck me as one of those questionable-quality brands. But I could definitely be wrong.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #3563
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Yeah, I think the latest update dealt with compatibility for larger cards. Otherwise I read you can just reformat it and it'll work anyway, but that probably depends on the phone.

Cool, thanks. I thought NCIX might be a good option, but are Patriot cards okay? I've only used Sandisk and Kingston, Patriot always struck me as one of those questionable-quality brands. But I could definitely be wrong.
I've never had any issues with my Patriot cards...been using them in my SLR, etc. I've had more problems with SanDisk (especially their usb flash drives). If you're uncomfortable with the brand name, Memory Express has a 64gb Kingston for about $5 more: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX43629

I avoid AData with a passion though...they're cheap but I've had nothing but issues with their cards.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #3564
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Nope, your experience is good enough for me! Thanks. SOON I WILL HAVE ALL OF MY MEDIA WITH ME AT ALL TIMES. *evil laugh*

In other non-news, John Williams confirmed for Episode VII:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...ode-vii-f.html

Better yet, they're limiting the use of CGI! Hooray for practical effects! I mean, computer effects are a LOT more convincing now than when the prequels came out, but hopefully this means they can bring back some of the charm of the original trilogy.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #3565
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Nope, your experience is good enough for me! Thanks. SOON I WILL HAVE ALL OF MY MEDIA WITH ME AT ALL TIMES. *evil laugh*

In other non-news, John Williams confirmed for Episode VII:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...ode-vii-f.html

Better yet, they're limiting the use of CGI! Hooray for practical effects! I mean, computer effects are a LOT more convincing now than when the prequels came out, but hopefully this means they can bring back some of the charm of the original trilogy.
Well, like any other tech product, there's going to be factory misses sometimes so just hang onto the receipt just in case, like anything else

Old 07-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #3566
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yep, that's always true. I back up the important stuff so it wouldn't be too big a deal if I lost some data and needed to replace it.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #3567
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

http://m.toysrus.ca/skava/static/pro...www.toysrus.ca

$139.99 preorder, $10 more! Guess they're following Amazons way of pricing =p I can only hope the MP's aren't over priced to start off but it will never cost as much as Takara's.
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #3568
Corvicron
Beasty

If you use the promo code 'Thyme15' you get $15 off to help counter that. it was posted in the Metroplex thread
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #3569
Northof49
Generation 2
Thumbs up Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
The cell phone quest continues!

Got a screen protector installed at Richmond Centre, thanks for the tips, guys. Though I'm scared the girl scratched my screen as she was cleaning it prior to installation... Or it could just be a crease in the screen protector. So far there aren't any signs of an actual scratch on the screen, so time will tell. I should have been wary of trusting a high school kid with my expensive stuff.

Anyway, next step is a 64GB Micro SD card! I can't use Amazon because I have no credit card right now, are there any other comparable options where I'm guaranteed to get legitimate goods? Best Buy & Future Shop don't want my money with their terrible pricing, so I don't know where else to go.
I would second going to NCIX. They can have some really good deals. You just have to keep watching their sales.

Oh and you do know that the ZL comes with a very thin screen protector pre-installed at the factory. I have had my ZL for over a month and just like my old phone (Xperia X10) it came with the pre-installed screen protector. Anyways, great phone so far and only better after the update.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #3570
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Cool, thanks for the additional recommendation for NCIX.

I was reading that the pre-installed screen protector is an anti-shatter layer that doesn't protect well against scratches, so I decided I needed one. I was reading the unbranded versions come with an additional one in the box but unfortunately the ones you get on a phone contract do not. Oh well, paid the $20+ and hopefully it's a worthwhile investment. Considering they'll replace the protector for $5 if I hold on to the receipt, I figure it will be.