Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #4391
Magnimus
Alternator
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

My Ark came today too. Glad I got it for this Amazon price because this figure is flimsy. These ratchet joints sound scary as hell. I guess he’s staying in ship mode for a looooong time.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:18 PM   #4392
Supernova
Second star to the right

My .com order of the BAT Sideswipe/Skywarp pack had the shipping date moved up to late September from November

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:25 PM   #4393
The Nemesis
Alternator

Galvatron arrived today. shipping box and interior box were both severely damaged. And to top it off the figure has the incorrect shoulders.

Gonna take a couple days to figure out what my plan B is about getting a corrected one (Amazon no longer has their own listing for Galvy. It's all marketplace at over $110) and decide if I'm gonna send it back or not.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:22 PM   #4394
Supernova
Second star to the right

Honestly, the difference in shoulder heights is negligible in real life. I've had mine displayed both ways and I'm not bothered by one or the other.

My suggestion would be to keep it, but talk to customer service about the condition it arrived in. Perhaps they can give you some credit?

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #4395
cripnite
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
My Ark came today too. Glad I got it for this Amazon price because this figure is flimsy. These ratchet joints sound scary as hell. I guess he’s staying in ship mode for a looooong time.
Weird mine is super solid.
cripnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:53 PM   #4396
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Galvatron arrived today. shipping box and interior box were both severely damaged. And to top it off the figure has the incorrect shoulders.

Gonna take a couple days to figure out what my plan B is about getting a corrected one (Amazon no longer has their own listing for Galvy. It's all marketplace at over $110) and decide if I'm gonna send it back or not.
To this day, I have not seen a Galvatron with correct shoulders. I've seen about 25 of them in total at multiple stores and none were correct. Maybe look into doing the fix yourself (I was hesitant at first, but it doesn't look that bad to do).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:07 PM   #4397
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

People make way too much of a fuss about the shoulders. It's so easy to just rotate the shoulders so they're at the correct height in robot mode. Do we even know it was an assembly error, or was it just the way the figure was designed?
Old 09-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #4398
delrue
Crossover

I've seen people selling caps to fill in the screw holes for the shoulders on ebay too.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:50 PM   #4399
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
People make way too much of a fuss about the shoulders. It's so easy to just rotate the shoulders so they're at the correct height in robot mode. Do we even know it was an assembly error, or was it just the way the figure was designed?
3D renders show the smooth detailing on top of the shoulder rather than the ridges on the opposite side.

TFW2005 has plenty of reports with it being both ways in the wild too. Factory clearly didn't care to dot those i's/cross those t's until people started bellyaching or someone caught it after the first batch were made/during the production run.

Last edited by CyberDragon10K; 09-10-2021 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Found a picture that won't stretch the page.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #4400
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post

There are greebly details on the outsides of the shoulders that align across the the whole arm/shoulder peg when the arms are correctly aligned and don't when they aren't. It makes it pretty obvious there's a "right" way for the shoulders to sit.