Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 12-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
SimonMK
Armada
Re: Toys R' Us Sale December 13th-19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Hello,

As you know in Quebec, there are painful language laws which prevent us from have the TFA leaders in stock at TRU (because they speak english only)...which means we cannot enjoy that sale.

HOWEVER, TRU did sort of pull through for us who live in Quebec by offering the TFMovie leaders 50% off instead.

Anyone wants to trade TFA for TFMovie leaders?

thanks
So that's why I never saw a Animated Leader Megatron or Ultra Magnus... just saw 1 Bulkhead but still.

And I just received the TRU flyer and its say the 50% is only for the Movie Leaders. Too bad, TRU Angrignon doesn't have any Leaders.
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:31 AM   #22
TFtoys
Animated

hum, could Quebec people order stuffs from Toyrus.ca ?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #23
Mega_Zarak
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Hello,

As you know in Quebec, there are painful language laws which prevent us from have the TFA leaders in stock at TRU (because they speak english only)...which means we cannot enjoy that sale.

HOWEVER, TRU did sort of pull through for us who live in Quebec by offering the TFMovie leaders 50% off instead.

Anyone wants to trade TFA for TFMovie leaders?

thanks
That's completely false. As long as the box has French it doesn't matter if the toy speaks English or Chinese...

By the way, yes people from Quebec could order from TRU online and still enjoy this sale.

Trilingual boxes for Animated Leaders do exist and if I'm not wrong those are the versions selling across Canada. Therefore there has to be another reason why we don't find them in TRU or Walt-Mart.
Mega_Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #24
ChrisW
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega_Zarak View Post
That's completely false. As long as the box has French it doesn't matter if the toy speaks English or Chinese...

By the way, yes people from Quebec could order from TRU online and still enjoy this sale.

Trilingual boxes for Animated Leaders do exist and if I'm not wrong those are the versions selling across Canada. Therefore there has to be another reason why we don't find them in TRU or Walt-Mart.
I don't know exactly what prevents specific items from being sold in Quebec. I know the movie 2007 Optimus Prime Voice Changer helmet was not allowed to be sold in Quebec; I believe this was because the helmet only spoke in English.

On the other hand, the TRU website clearly indicates that Animated Leaders Megatron and Bulkhead are both "bilingual" and that both can be shipped to Quebec despite the fact that they only speak English phrases. Maybe they are allowed since the speech isn't their primary purpose?

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
Mega_Zarak
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
I don't know exactly what prevents specific items from being sold in Quebec. I know the movie 2007 Optimus Prime Voice Changer helmet was not allowed to be sold in Quebec; I believe this was because the helmet only spoke in English.

On the other hand, the TRU website clearly indicates that Animated Leaders Megatron and Bulkhead are both "bilingual" and that both can be shipped to Quebec despite the fact that they only speak English phrases. Maybe they are allowed since the speech isn't their primary purpose?
I doubt it's only the speech. There has to be other factors. Let's not forget that thankfully, in Quebec Zellers have TFA leaders even Canadian Tires have them!

A good example is musical and learning toys for baby's and toddlers, you have bilingual boxes, but you have english and french versions. Then again maybe it's because there are two speech versions available, who knows.
Mega_Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #26
pandaprime
aficionado!
Question Re: Toys R' Us Sale December 13th-19th

hmmm nobody mentioned the SWTF are $5.00 off too?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #27
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Megatron, Bulkhead... her I come!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #28
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
hmmm nobody mentioned the SWTF are $5.00 off too?
yeah. man. I found that first and nobody give me credit for that. , LOL.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote