Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #11
ironclaugh
Armada
Re: Toyworld Devy Thoughts

What if I told you that everyone lost the Devi-Wars.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #12
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Too late to the party, don't care for the head sculpts, especially Devastators. Cool gimmicks like the working mixing drum and working treads but overall don't look that great.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:39 PM   #13
protoform_ironhide
Commander

The head looks weird, chest plate too small(like most 3rd party Devy). Toyword Devy has too much details, look messy.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #14
optimusb39
Animated

I like how unlike the cw devastator, toyworld took the risk of parts forming to make the figures balanced and not compromised by extra combination engineering that would have detracted from the individual figures. ( cw longhaul, for example)
And they have a much closer accuracyvto the g1 models in both robot and vehicle without straying to far into the boxy look that would seperate them from the modern look as well.
I personally like the gravity builder versions but these guys are very good looking and nice hefty size to boot.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #15
pandagfx
Generation 1

I'm predicting TW Constructor will always be stained with an asterisk *butterface.

No matter how tall or MP-ish it looks, I keep on hearing complaints about the big poofy head. I thought Hercules had the shittiest head, until TW's Contructor came along. Yes, I know it's based off the Studio Ox design, but to most people who only know Devastator and don't know squat about Studio Ox, they will look at Constructor and think "What's wrong with the head???"

So it all comes down to whether you're gonna display Devastator as the combined form, or individual bots.

In my opinion, CW/UW Devastator has the best head scuplts, no contest. They look like the Constructicons that I remember. 4/6 individual bots gets it right, and that's just for retail!!! Imagine those in Masterpiece version. Of course, MixMaster is a POS, nothing can save that mold.

Between TW Constructor and Generation Toys Gravity Builder, it's like TFC vs. Maketoys Round II (Green Giant won that round imo), only this time, I think TW Constructor will win out. I can only picture Gravity Builder for people who want a taller Devastator for their CHUG collection.

Yah, for $600 USD, I'm just gonna save my money and wait for a Masterpiece version, if it even comes.

Basically, buy what you like
pandagfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #16
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

I have both the Hasbro and Takara, my Hasbro is attached with PE kit as well as reprolabels. Very nice in combined mode, my Takara are waiting for the X2Toys set. Took a picture but it is poor due to phone...i will have a better one later.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #17
shazam
Generation 2
shazam's Ebay Auctions

I have been hoping for in scale constructicons for while now...well...ever since they went with the new MP10 scale. I think these will do nicely...now I have to figure out the best place to get them from.
shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:24 AM   #18
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Much like Warbotron, I find this guy is overwrought and overly big. I'll wait until one of the prominent YouTube reviewers gets to the gestalt, but I have no expectations for this thing being any appealing for me. It'll probably squeak from being overly tight to compensate for size/weight, and it evokes nothing of the visored monstrosity I remember tearing into Autobot City.

CW/UW Devastator gives me the characters as I remember them, even if I only care about the big guy. And I can stomach CW Devy's problems if only because of the $90 price tag from the recent Walmart clearance.

Easy pass for me, but buy it if it floats your boat.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #19
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

With our current dollar, this guy will run $835 before shipping/taxes.

Ow. Dang our low dollar.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #20
Soundwaves
Robot Master

I got rid of green giant because hercules was so much more impressive.

Haven't opened my cw, one devy on display is enough, and they all look good.

I'm not super anal about anything other than having that character modernized but still true to form.

You can always nit pick based on your personal views and preferences (or simply what you've already spent your money on) but nobody can sZy one is definitively better than the other.

If anything, I like cw cuz it's a real transformer and not some 3p ko.

Prob my only knock on herc is when I look at it, it's one if the very few fakes I own and it irks me a little.

I'm not in the majority when it comes to 3p appreciation.

Last edited by Soundwaves; 02-06-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote