Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #51
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Quick review: Impossible Toys TRNS-01 Valkyrie

I gotta admit I still like the alt mode a lot and think she works well enough as a robot. The trick from the look of things will be to find one with a decent paint job.

I'll still pick one up at some point if I can. If she's less possible than I imagined then I'll pose her with the G1 collection.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #52
Megamould
Dipstick Tapedeck

Here's a few pics of the "nicer" Arcee I got. The paint apps aren't nearly as bad, although floppy joints are still a problem. The tabs on the shoulders and chest don't connect on this one either. This one is decent for display, still way over priced though.

Even with all the flaws it's still pretty cool. Buyer beware though! If anyone plans on picking one up at TFCon I'd take a real good look at it before you commit.

BST: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=22233

Incoming:

Looking for: Striker Prime, Jetwing Prime
Megamould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #53
Pascal
Banned

Which joints are you having problems with? On mine, only the right foot is loose, the other joints are all nice and tight.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #54
Stepper
Generation 1

Greets fellow members, I am a long time reader but never really had the nerve to post here untill reading this review, So I wanted to add my two cents. I got both the Arcee and the Medic today and both mine have no paint issues or problems and I am very happy as the pastic is very strong. The back of the chest did have some over paint but its in a spot you cant see but I myself cleaned it off with nailpolish remover and a Q-Tip, I am not picky like some but wanted to try it as I clean overspray off my hasbro transformers all the time. I have also purchased the Nightbird toy and am not worried in the least and I hope I can find the judge at the con.
Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #55
Breakdown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepper View Post
Greets fellow members, I am a long time reader but never really had the nerve to post here untill reading this review, So I wanted to add my two cents. I got both the Arcee and the Medic today and both mine have no paint issues or problems and I am very happy as the pastic is very strong. The back of the chest did have some over paint but its in a spot you cant see but I myself cleaned it off with nailpolish remover and a Q-Tip, I am not picky like some but wanted to try it as I clean overspray off my hasbro transformers all the time. I have also purchased the Nightbird toy and am not worried in the least and I hope I can find the judge at the con.
Possible Impossible Toys Employee. Things that make you go hmmm.
Breakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #56
Sokar
Armada

Looking at the images here, I don't think I'll be picking this figure up until I hear more positive review of it.

I can deal with the paint apps being a bit messy, or the occasional loose joint. After all, it's nothing that we haven't seen before in the hasbro products (especially some of the animated figures).

The big killer for me though is how dirty the toys are. If I buy something new, it had better look new, and from these photos, it looks like these have been played with by kids or something like that. They just look used already.

It's a very nice design, and I've got to give the thumbs up to IT for creating such a nice figure, but whoever was in charge of quality control should do their job better
Old 07-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #57
Stepper
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown View Post
Possible Impossible Toys Employee. Things that make you go hmmm.
Why would you say that? Because I wanted to put on record mine are ok and I am happy. I really think you need to put more thought into your postings because not everyone follows the crowd. My friend ordered the 01 also so lets see when he picks his up at the post office tomorrow.
Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #58
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Venksta did the remolding on nightbird, so at least that part of her should be good

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #59
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepper View Post
Why would you say that? Because I wanted to put on record mine are ok and I am happy. I really think you need to put more thought into your postings because not everyone follows the crowd. My friend ordered the 01 also so lets see when he picks his up at the post office tomorrow.
Do you mind posting some pics of yours?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #60
Megamould
Dipstick Tapedeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Which joints are you having problems with? On mine, only the right foot is loose, the other joints are all nice and tight.
Right foot & the swivel joint under the left shoulder. If I pick either of them up the left arm flops to the side. Probably fixable with a little nail polish or some extra paint.

BST: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=22233

Incoming:

Looking for: Striker Prime, Jetwing Prime
Megamould is offline   Reply With Quote