Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Canada Post - Rotational Strike

So depending on where you live or what you've been reading, everything from rolling to Rotational Strike as been the word. However, some or most of use may not know the differnce between the two.

Rolling strike, generally put starts in one spot and moves over to other areas.

Rotational strike, generally stated, a strike (in the case 24 hour perportions) that exist in one location, then moves to another.

In our case, the initial 24 strike started in winnipeg has ended. It has now moved onto Hamilton. Its there goal to hit the larger cities.

So unless any one knows any differnt, I will continue with an educated guess. That being said an eample would be: I want to ship any item from NB to BC; there should not be a problem. Perhaps a delay, but nothing more. Where as some one in hamilton will have to wait till tuesday, or drive to a differnt city to mail there letters/parcels.

So overal this strike is more of a slight inconvince vs being a total screw over.

So people drop your opinion on how this strike effects you. Examples, Ebay or other online stores. Or your own business on here hunting for stuff or selling your stuff.

Please no union or anti-union talk. I will ask the mods to lock this thread if the conversation goes that way. Due to slight political nature of the strike.

Last edited by Gaetznes; 06-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Gaetznes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Canada Post - Rotational Strike

Well thats not too bad. I hate the fact that an essential service can walkout like that though.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Yeah! I will still get my bills
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
pud333
Animated

Like you said, delays, but nothing more. It doesn't really matter to me if somethings gets delayed a day or two. It's not like toys are a must have situation. I really only receive packages. I hardly ever send out anything in the mail, which is probably part of Canada post's problems... it just costs too much to send stuff even across Canada. These days when I have toys to sell, I only do in person, or I dump them on my nephews. Not worth the time to bother selling anymore.

Regardless, I agree with Jetfire. Sucks that an essential service can take a walk.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
pandaprime
aficionado!

blah. that means when my bills arrive late in the mail the due dates will be even sooner

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Well, rotational strikes are better than full strikes. Though really... it's hardly a threat to do these one day, one city at a time strikes. OMG, your mail is a day late! The only people who lose in this situation are the postal workers who don't get paid for that day...
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

So, according to my theory, Quebec will be next after Hamilton. Only cities who tried to have an NHL team recently are on strike, right? Winnipeg, Hamilton... Quebec.

EDIT: Montreal it will be.

Last edited by Pascal; 06-06-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Like you said, delays, but nothing more. It doesn't really matter to me if somethings gets delayed a day or two. It's not like toys are a must have situation. I really only receive packages. I hardly ever send out anything in the mail, which is probably part of Canada post's problems... it just costs too much to send stuff even across Canada. These days when I have toys to sell, I only do in person, or I dump them on my nephews. Not worth the time to bother selling anymore.

Regardless, I agree with Jetfire. Sucks that an essential service can take a walk.
Agreed on all counts.

However at the same time, I think that forcing (or at least scaring people) into using more modern & efficient ways of sending & receiving things that don't need to go through the mail is a good thing. Why is that? Well for one thing, it leaves more time & attention to be paid to the actual things that do, such as parcels. This means that in theory anyway, the lead times & overall productivity will be better. Heck, since postal workers will have more time on their hands (in theory anyway), the issues of being too short handed with too high of an expectation (aka, the bullshit involved with needing to deliver so many things in a short time) should at least be lessened, possibly even opening the door for our system to follow in the US's systems of more affordable tracking within the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
TFtoys
Animated

Is it also a good time that we raise our voice to the expensive shipping rate of the Canada post? they already earn a high wage and charge us a lot and they still want a raise?
we should let them hear what we are not satisfied with our postal rate by Anti their strike and comments.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:03 AM   #10
TFtoys
Animated

why the "Let's Fire CanadaPost ?" thread is deleted ?
I know it is not possible to "match" every price of the USPS and to be like debt as USPS, but we have so much gap better letter size to small parcel. Things like TF's accessories, SD gundam, gashapon figures are bigger than letter size thickness but have to charge for parcel even if they are as light as feather. Ever small package for tracking number is required to pay over $13 if you want to send across the province in Canada. As far as I know, postal truck has a set time to pick up the mails and packages, not by the numbers of the packages. Hence, the more of the small parecels available, might not cost them extra trip and would have more options for the small package in between the letter to parcel and small package with tracking.

I understand the
current upper managment and the moving the crown coroperation period might be the main issue to strike; in addition, it does not mean the price system that we are used to pay is reasonable and have to swallow everything that they can offer. People might be scare of the shipping and would ship less in Canada. If there is more options with the small size items, people willingness to ship anything would be icreased.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote