Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #21
deagle7000
Transform!
Re: Metroplex available on amazon.ca for $103.44 + free shipping

Metroplex will be at Costco in the US for $80 this holiday season. We might see it up here for something similar.
deagle7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #22
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: Metroplex available on amazon.ca for under $95 + free shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstewling View Post
Ok so I rechecked the computer at work. Almost every Costco in the western provinces is getting Metroplex.

In Eastern Canada only a handful are, St. John's, Quebec City, Laval, North and South Mississauga, North London, Ancaster, Barrie, Westminster, Kitchener or Kingston (can't remember which), Vaughan, Terrebonne, and Pointe Claire.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info, so is it possible to check to see if these are US version or Canadian?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #23
MangaSpawn64
Generation 2

Quote:
In Eastern Canada only a handful are, St. John's, Quebec City, Laval, North and South Mississauga, North London, Ancaster, Barrie, Westminster, Kitchener or Kingston (can't remember which), Vaughan, Terrebonne, and Pointe Claire.

Hope that helps.
Sweet !

Now I have to check both

Any idea when it's supposed to hit ?
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Ok so I rechecked the computer at work. Almost every Costco in the western provinces is getting Metroplex.

Hope that helps.
Cool thanks!
What's the time frame, like mid-November?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Cool thanks!
What's the time frame, like mid-November?
Well, if this is 100% true, then perhaps I should return mine...twenty bucks is twenty bucks! But perhaps I can hold onto the receipt for a bit longer, as I could always explain it as a Christmas gift 'gone wrong' or something like that. But that would mean I'd have to keep it sealed for another two months, lol.

Is the Costco thing 100%?

And what price, I wonder, will they tag him with? It would have to be around 100$ (taxes in) to make it worth my while to return my Sears Metro. Being Costco, you know that they'll have a great price.
CanBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #26
xomegasupremex
Mini-Con
Re: Metroplex available on amazon.ca for $104.08 + free shipping

Just a heads up. Not sure if this was mentioned before, but I just received my Metroplex from Amazon.ca and they used the toys box as the actually shipping box. As in they slapped the shipping label right on the box.

The box did come up a bit knocked up but the toy was in perfect condition. The box wasn't important to me but if it is to you then you might want to order from somewhere else.

Also the sound ship on board is the Euro version. No voices.
xomegasupremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #27
CanBot
Cybertron

Thanks, I've heard a couple different things about the Amazon shipping. If box is important, that I would think it's not the way to go...then again, Sears shipped mine to my outlet for pickup in nothing more than a big blue plastic bag With the receipt stuck to that instead, so my box is unstickered...but there was a small tear in the paper, nothing serious. Then again, I'm not collecting pristine boxes. I guess the best bet for those who want a perfect box is to go BBTS or TRU, as I think they ship in the Hasbro cardboard boxes over top the regular box. That's usually safe.

The 'best' would be to go down to the store and start digging, but not everybody has that option
Old 10-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #28
laffy
Crossover

remember that these are the clipped no voice ones if I where you go get one from the us or pay a bit more for the real one... also the us one has a much smaller amount made unlike the bilingual ones...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #29
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
remember that these are the clipped no voice ones if I where you go get one from the us or pay a bit more for the real one... also the us one has a much smaller amount made unlike the bilingual ones...
Is this a fact?...limited number of US made Metros? I would think the main market for TF would be the US, considering how many people live there. But I guess when you combine the Euro and Canadian market, it might be close.

I'm just thinking it may be another reason for the prices to skyrocket once the US sales come to an end, which I guess would be good for collectors who can snag one but bad for meeeeeee, unless I find an easier way to get one!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #30
martind
Generation 2

Bought mine from amazon.ca and if you take the Amazon credit card right now, you get a 15$ money back so it came up to 89.99 + taxes which gave me 104$ shipped all included.. I should be getting it on monday. Hopefully, it should be OK...
martind is offline   Reply With Quote