Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #11
Supernova
Second star to the right
Re: Remember the FOC armor for Optimus prime and ultra magnus?

The question is what happened to the other set that was being made? That one looked more interesting, anyways.

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
this right here, if it's just snap on parts that don't do anything what's the point?
According to a bunch of "serious" collectors on TFW2005 (the ones that litterally harrassed Transformazing in every conceivable way so they drop the price AND the trailer part), "real" collectors only display their toys, in bot mode, and have zero use for a trailer ("brick") with lots of playability. Because, you know, serious collectors are serious.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #13
Deception
Crossover

Still would've prefered to have a trailer regardless of whether Idisplay it in bot mode or not. Options are good
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
deagle7000
Transform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
Still would've prefered to have a trailer regardless of whether Idisplay it in bot mode or not. Options are good
Exactly. Every now and then its nice to Transform the stuff and mix it up. Gives me something to do.
deagle7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #15
joshimus
Metroplex

Like MP-10, I don't really care for the trailer either but it is good to still have in case I have a display use for it.
This set for the price is far too high. Easy pass
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

The trailer was poorly executed, Magnus does not have a "leftover" trailer. For the price they were charging the set should have been done right in the first place. FOC Magnus is tiny so there was no need for that gigantic trailer that doesn't combine, it just didn't look right IMO and now they are charging too much for parts that are left over when in truck mode so I don't thing this was a good first date at all.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

Who said he absolutely had to combine with the entire trailer? The rest of the trailer transformed into a nice base with a little Roller-like drone, just like FP Protector's trailer turned into a gun turret.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
^This^ plus Trailers make good risers for a third or fourth row of Transformers
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Who said he absolutely had to combine with the entire trailer? The rest of the trailer transformed into a nice base with a little Roller-like drone, just like FP Protector's trailer turned into a gun turret.
The G1 trailer for Rodimus did have a base mode in that you are right but in G1 Magnus had no leftover trailer and that is what I prefer. I did not like the fact that this upgrade for Magnus had a giant chunk of plastic leftover plus there is no room for it in my display. "I" thought it was horribly designed in that regard and I told them that I would not buy it as it was because it was not to my taste (like many others did)as is my right as a customer. Others like the way it was designed and I have nothing against that but they could have let the company know that and maybe they would have included it in the set. The whole "cheapskate" thing that some people are throwing around is wrong. People have an idea what 3rd party items are worth based on other similar sets that have been released. I feel that $80 for what they are offering for this"upgrade set" is a bit much for items that are only limbs and a head. $60 seems to be a fair price for what they have in the set. Its what I would pay before shipping and would be happy with the purchase.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 09-03-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
in G1 Magnus had no leftover trailer
But this is not G1 Magnus. It's free to be anything it wants to. The armor itself is not accurate to anything, so why would the trailer have to?

And yes, there are shit tons of cheap asses in this fandom, especially south of the border. And not only for 3rd party toys, but mainline toys as well. Entitlement, always entitlement. In this case, people thought the trailer was expensive but forgot it was A) the first product from a new company and B) way bigger than the City Commander trailer that was itself, $80+ if I recall correctly. For the mass it had and other factors considered, I don't think $140 was that outrageous of a price tag.

Last edited by Pascal; 09-03-2013 at 04:10 PM.