Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-29-2015, 01:12 AM   #51
CAF
Banned
Re: Will their be anymore MP Starscreams, made available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
One does have to wonder if the humongous size of the boxes they use for the cars isn't meant to justify the inflated prices.
My cars are all Takara and they are tiny boxes compared to the Hasbro ones. 8"x6"x3" roughly.
And Bumblebee had him and the Witwicky kid in a bikesuit both in the box
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:34 AM   #52
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
My cars are all Takara and they are tiny boxes compared to the Hasbro ones. 8"x6"x3" roughly.
And Bumblebee had him and the Witwicky kid in a bikesuit both in the box
Yeah all my cars are also Takara them and Ultra Magnus. My Hasbro MP's are both MP Optimii, Soundwave with Cassettes, Grimlock reissue, and now Starscream. As sharp as the Hasbro MP packages are since Soundwave they do not compare to the style and efficiency of the Takara MP packages. As any Takara MP that I want is now an autobuy so unless I change my mind about wanting a figure between its original Takara release and a later Hasbro release I expect Starscream will be the last time I purchase a Hasbro version.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:51 AM   #53
CAF
Banned

I hear that. I personally try to take one day at a time though. The Hasbro SS is really a great piece. I Had the nip marks and the backwards fingers but even with that, I can't complain at all. It's just awesome.
Umm actually the blue nosecone is weird, but oh well. If it bugged me that much I'd have painted it.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy either TT or Hasbro as long as it's fairly cartoon accurate
But I really can relate to your reasoning for hitting the TT first
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:18 AM   #54
ChaosTheory
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
One does have to wonder if the humongous size of the boxes they use for the cars isn't meant to justify the inflated prices.
Oh absolutely!

Especially here in North America where 'size matters' lol..

In Japan it's often the exact opposite as physical space is a premium.
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:24 AM   #55
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I hear that. I personally try to take one day at a time though. The Hasbro SS is really a great piece. I Had the nip marks and the backwards fingers but even with that, I can't complain at all. It's just awesome.
Umm actually the blue nosecone is weird, but oh well. If it bugged me that much I'd have painted it.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy either TT or Hasbro as long as it's fairly cartoon accurate
But I really can relate to your reasoning for hitting the TT first
I really prize the animation accuracy of the MP releases. Which is why I painted the eyes on my Hasbro Soundwave red. And also why I won't ever bother with Reprolabel sets designed to add a bunch of original toy sticker detail that was never shown in the animation.

Oddly enough though I realize that Starscream did not have paint on his nosecone in the animation. However it is the one toy detail I prefer over the animation look. The presence of it on the original figure and nearly every other toy update to the character up until the TT MP-11 has had the result of making me feel that the Blue nosecone simply looks right and as such better. Seems all these years my mind has just been adding on the paint to his nosecone when watching the original animation.

If TT did a rerelease and I could get for 15,000 yen or less and I didn't have the Hasbro I'd go for it. But in the end I actually prefer the nose cone so feel as though it is better in this case to have the Hasbro version.

I also prefer the look of both the eyes and the lighter shade of blue on my Hasbro MP-10 which also seems to me to be more animation accurate (though perhaps it is not).
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote