Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-16-2016, 02:46 AM   #3231
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Is there a MP Soundwave and 3rd party Blaster boxset that comes with their mini-cassettes?
Old 10-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #3232
DuG
Titanium

[QUOTE=MULTIPLEX;710642]I'm more interested in this MP

I'm really looking forward to that MP Ratbat as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Is there a MP Soundwave and 3rd party Blaster boxset that comes with their mini-cassettes?
You can preorder the Hasbro Asia release of MP Soundwave that comes with Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw. It is a reissue of the set that Hasbro North Anerica put out a few years ago that had a limited release (only 4 per most TRU stores in Canada). It's up for preorder at most online retailers right now and is probably the best deal going for MP Soundwave right now so get one while you can.

As far as Blaster, KFC has a couple of versions of their MP Blaster called Transistor including repaints as Doubledeck (Twincast), and Shattered Glass Transitor. Some of those KFC sets don't come with very many cassettes so you'd have to buy some separate but they are usually priced well for what you get.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #3233
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Did Hasbro stopped doing MP's all together and are concentrating on Titans Return, RID 2015 etc? They've only released or going to release MP Bumblebee and MP Shattered Glass Optimus Prime.

I'm thinking of using TR Blaster my MP Blaster. I mean, he's cheaper than KFC Transistor or any other 3rd party Blaster and get his mini cassettes separately.

Last edited by Ironwave; 10-17-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:50 AM   #3234
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Did Hasbro stopped doing MP's all together and are concentrating on Titans Return, RID 2015 etc? They've only released or going to release MP Bumblebee and MP Shattered Glass Optimus Prime.

I'm thinking of using TR Blaster my MP Blaster. I mean, he's cheaper than KFC Transistor or any other 3rd party Blaster and get his mini cassettes separately.
Hasbro Asia is releasing MP Shattered Glass Optimus Prime as well as the MP Soundwave with cassettes reissue. They also release each of the new Takara releases in Asia outside Japan with a bonus coin or mini figure.

Hasbro North America releases the Masterpiece figures through TRU and only release a couple figures every year. This year was MP Starscream and MP Bumblebee.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:49 PM   #3235
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrj View Post
Grapple can still be preordered from many Japanese retailers such as Nippon-Yasan:
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures...5-grapple.html

Thanks.

Inferno is a bit more difficult since he's about a month and a half from release. The cheapest I can find from a Japanese retailer who is still taking preorders is AmiAmi at 10,490 JPY:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...=FIGURE-021226
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfb2001 View Post
I saw on TFW that amazon japan now ships globally.
They include duty and taxes. Prices come to just under 13,000 yen each.
grapple
inferno
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I'm waiting for the inevitable clearance sale on both, just like what happened to Tracks and Road Rage. I don't think these will be a hot seller. I didn't feel compelled to jump on these preorders and I'm the target market, G1 MP collector that preorders every chance I get.
You don't appreciate the design? What is it that you don't like?

Last edited by Rev; 10-17-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #3236
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfb2001 View Post
I saw on TFW that amazon japan now ships globally.
They include duty and taxes. Prices come to just under 13,000 yen each.
grapple
inferno
Is there any more detail on if this is true? I can't log into Amazon JP using my Amazon account.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #3237
tfb2001
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Is there any more detail on if this is true? I can't log into Amazon JP using my Amazon account.
For some reason Amazon Japan needs it's own account. Here's Amazon UK's international note which says their account works for all Amazons except in Japan.
I set up an account and took the buying process up to the final confirmation before I stopped. I've got them both preordered elsewhere, I just wanted to see if it'd work.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	35027

Here's the original thread on TFW

Last edited by tfb2001; 10-18-2016 at 07:41 AM.
tfb2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:09 AM   #3238
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Do MP's prices ever go down? I mean MP-10 came out 4 years ago and I feel like he should be at a lower price than what he is now IMO.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:55 AM   #3239
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Do MP's prices ever go down? I mean MP-10 came out 4 years ago and I feel like he should be at a lower price than what he is now IMO.
You're still fairly new to collectibles, right? Notice that most places no longer have stock or very little. Because they are highly sought after and produced in limited numbers (ie. collectibles), prices tend to increase over time, not decrease. Optimus Prime is the quintessential Transformer in most people's eyes and the MP-10 mold is considered excellent by most, thus making MP-10 one of the most sought after figures. The only time that prices decrease is when there are reissues, which may drive prices down temporarily, or when the item doesn't have much popularity, such as MP Road Rage.

I know it sucks when you've missed the boat on something that you would like to have owned, but that is one of the unfortunate things about having collecting as a hobby. That said, MP-10 is one the most released molds because it's enormously profitable for Hasbro/Takara and there hasn't been a Hasbro North America rerelease of standard MP-10 Optimus Prime since 2012. In all likelihood, there'll be another release of it within the next couple of years.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #3240
Jones
Machine War

Quote:
Nope.

Insanely popular character, insanely good toy, and they aren't making them any more.

Price for this guy will only go up as they become more rare.

Only chance for a lower price is if Takara or Hasbro does another reissue of the mold.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote