Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #11
dak
Master Creator
Re: Transformers 2 Character models: What do you think???

IMO, I would really hate for Megatron to become Galvatron already.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:13 AM   #12
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
IMO, I would really hate for Megatron to become Galvatron already.
Me too, and I'd only want him to if Uni was involved, which would maybe be nice for movies 4-6? They can divide the worlds like pre- and post- movie for G1...
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:03 AM   #13
chisau

first and lastly,

what makes you think that there is going to be a second movie??

the movie it self was a intended to be a one hitter. there was never a second movie in the planning. a summer block buster. Even if there will be a second movie, it's not like it will be made in our life time. and like all sequels. it will suck compare to the first one.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 AM   #14
dak
Master Creator

are you being serious here? It's already planned! It's target if for 2010 i believe. No way was this ment to be a one shot. lmao.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:49 AM   #15
ohnaji
Beasty

With the box office numbers Transformers is currently enjoying, a sequel is definitely in the works. As to whether or a not a sequel sucks, well that's up to the individual. Thematically, Empire strikes Back was a better movie than Star Wars, so I'll choose to remain optimistic for future iterations of the Transformers.
Back on topic, I think the biggest obstacles for new designs is evolving the current look. When early concepts made it's way on to the net, many fans where quick to criticize how much it strayed from the original G1 designs. I personally felt it was too busy, but I couldn't say it was bad or good because the designs were intended to be seen on screen and in action. After watching trailers and finally seeing the film I could totally see the rationale of having the TFs appear the way they do. Exposing various joints, pistons, and actuators on the characters completely complimented their acrobatic screen action. I think the design team aren't going to simplify anything and will probably come up with more convoluted ideas that will only work seeing it in action.
As far as toys are concerned, I feel that the current automorph gimmick is a strong feature for the current lineup. Perhaps for movie 2 that gimmick can be integrated into various weapons, like Prime's sword or BB 's gun arm. It's all about topping what we currently have now.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I think Galvatron for the next movie would be too soon, just seeing Megatron take an Earth mode would be good enough to raise him from the abyss. Though it would be great to see Ultra Magnus on the big screen....Think about it if Prime was 30 some odd feet tall, how big would UM be?
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #17
Evan
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
first and lastly,

what makes you think that there is going to be a second movie??

the movie it self was a intended to be a one hitter. there was never a second movie in the planning. a summer block buster. Even if there will be a second movie, it's not like it will be made in our life time. and like all sequels. it will suck compare to the first one.
I don't think the movie itself was ever intended to be a "one hitter." Infact, that is rarely ever the case. That's why you get the sequels that suck in the first place (but that doesn't mean all sequels suck). If there's money to be made, they will make it. Don Murphy said at TFCon 2006 that he wanted there to be sequels. And as dak said above, it looks like a sequel has already got the green light. Plus with the CG models made already, you could make a sequel for relatively "cheap."
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #18
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
I think Galvatron for the next movie would be too soon, just seeing Megatron take an Earth mode would be good enough to raise him from the abyss. Though it would be great to see Ultra Magnus on the big screen....Think about it if Prime was 30 some odd feet tall, how big would UM be?

33 some odd feet tall.

I also do want to see ultramagnus on the big screen as well. i really do. but this transformer movie got the "green light" back in 2002. it took them 5 years to go through all the shit to just make this movie. remember they had an issue with finding a director?? and it took them a whole year to find the "right script" and still they failed to include all the characters. then there was a problem with licensing. they halted the Alternator and classic toyline for the movie toy lines. which pissed a lot of collectors off. then there is the new cartoon that's coming out. god know how much they are going to butcher the story line.

I say if there is a sequal, it will not be out till 2015. which by then, i'll be 35 year old and lost all interest in transformers. one thing i've learn about the movie business is that unless the footage has already been shot. there is a lot of shit flying around to delay the movie.

types of problem i foresee:
-Hasbro wants more control of character desgine to make the toys easiler
-The actors and director wants more money. (Rush Hour 3 almost didn't get made because Chris Tucker wants twice as much money then Jackie Chan asked for)
-union strike
-new director (that could be a good thing, but still a problem)

Last edited by chisau; 07-17-2007 at 12:33 PM.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #19
-KG-
Kranix

There will be another movie.
SPOILERS

At the end Optimus calls other Autobots to Earth to live there, and they show Starscream leaving orbit to presumably bring back more Decepticons. Those are hints towards more movies.

They have to be consistant with character designs to match the first movie.

I think a couple of alt modes will have to stay the same but it's likely that most will change IMO.

I don't see GM losing the license for the second movie. The partnership is way to valuable and there's tons of vehicle models that can be used.

It's way to early to see Galvatron. We barely got a taste of Megatron.
-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #20
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
There will be another movie.
SPOILERS

At the end Optimus calls other Autobots to Earth to live there, and they show Starscream leaving orbit to presumably bring back more Decepticons. Those are hints towards more movies.
Story is the smallest factor for deciding sequels. Big factors are revenue of the original, licenses still in effect, the production company remaining intact, and the actors returning.

We already know:
1- The movie has made a profit from 2 weeks in the theatre, more dvd & merchandise profit to come
4- Shia and Cullen have signed a 3-movie deal

#2 is a given that Hasbro wants more marketting for their product.

So as long as Dreamworks doesn't split/go under, a sequel looks solid.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote