Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-02-2024, 04:19 PM   #3531
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
There are various different combiner designs, really you only need 1 Axlegrease and 1 Scraphook for symmetrical designs, if you're okay with different colors and factions. I hope they release a repaint of Axlegrease in classic Junkion colors so we can have an all orange team.

I feel like the Junkions are primed to be easy repaint/retool fodder. Like it wouldn't surprise me if Axlegrease becomes a Gen Selects repaint/retool to make her more explicitly resemble Nancy.

Meanwhile I don't really have much interest in the Junkasaurus combiner. It's a fan-mode even if that "fan" was a designer who sort of built parts of the concept into the figures and I'm not going to try to hunt down a second Axelgrease or Crashbar or whoever just to make it. If they do make another Junkion then maybe I'll give it a try but I don't usually buy duplicates of any 1 figure outside of when I got extra Prime Masters or the WFC ramp bots.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:12 PM   #3532
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Agreed, I'm not much into buying duplicates of anything. I'd rather keep old versions of characters (Scourge & Sweeps for example) to fill that purpose. The one exception was the Battlemaster snake, and even then I think it was an accident, like I forgot to cancel the preorder after I found it in store. Much prefer a repaint/retool if it makes sense, and Junkions have infinite potential for that because of their nature.
Old 02-06-2024, 10:35 AM   #3533
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Did we already post the link for United titan TidalWave, on walmart.ca?

apologies if this is a double
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo...1?from=/search
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 02:48 AM   #3534
The Nemesis
Alternator

My "last Axlegrease on the Walmart website" arrived to day and it was indeed Axlegrease and wasn't damaged or incomplete in any way. That's a nice surprise.

For as much stick as Walmart.ca gets for its various issues and problems, I've had less trouble getting things that I've ordered from them than I have from Amazon or TRU.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:19 AM   #3535
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
For as much stick as Walmart.ca gets for its various issues and problems, I've had less trouble getting things that I've ordered from them than I have from Amazon or TRU
Ditto, I usually ship items to the local store, even
And I can't recall a single issue I've ever had with the order "not getting there"
Old 02-08-2024, 10:53 AM   #3536
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
And I can't recall a single issue I've ever had with the order "not getting there"

Your lucky then. I remember one of my first orders that "shipped to store" was MOTU:Origins Castle Grayskull.

I waited and then one day I saw it (2 actually) on the shleves and went to customer service. They said I had to speak to customer service for .CA because of the usual BS about them being two separate entities.

Anyway they said it was still waiting to ship to store even though they had it on the shelves. I had to wait. So I waited another couple weeks and still nothing. Finally I bought one off the shelf and was told by .CA that if it didn't arrive in another week to call. So another week goes by and I call and they just cancel my order.

After that I haven't done a "ship to store" order again. Everything is straight to my house. So far, outside of some questionable box choices for shipping, I haven't had another problem since.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 08:43 PM   #3537
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
the only time I've had an issue with ordering something and not getting it wasn't a ship to store problem. It was that I ordered 3 things (IIRC it was Kingdom Rhinox, Scorponok, and something else) and because 1 figure wasn't in they withheld the entire order from shipping for ages. But as soon as I canceled the figure that was holding it up the other two shipped and it was fine and I ended up buying the missing figure from like Toy Snowman or somewhere like that.

My only other gripe was that I once ordered Velocitron Hauler and then literally the very next day I found one in store and bought it. I got home that afternoon with my online order still not having processed and wasn't able to cancel it because apparently you can only cancel orders within the first few hours after you place them. So I had to let the order complete and ship to me then take the extra Hauler to a store to return it.

I've only ever used ship to store a handful of times and of the 4 or 5 times I had one instance of the order not arriving by the date it was marked for but when I went to the store that day I found what I had ordered on the shelves (it was one of the 35th anniversary figures. Bluestreak or Soundblaster I think) so I phoned the pickup info number, told them that my order wasn't listed as in but they literally had what I wanted available and the guys just said to take one and he met me outside the stock room and scanned the one I picked up to mark it as fulfilling the order so I didn't have to cancel the online one and pay again. On a scale of 1 to 10 for hassle and frustration it was like maybe a 3.

But for TFs I don't even really need to do ship-to-store anymore because their free home shipping threshold is $35. So any TF bigger than a core class is probably going to get you free shipping to home.

Besides, I actually got a massive boon once from a Walmart ship-to-home order screw-up. I ordered SS86 Wreck-Gar and the person at the shipping depot sent me a whole case box instead of 1 figure. That's 3 figures in total. So I got 2 extra Wreck-Gars in their Hasbro warehouse box. Sold one to a boardie here for MSRP and returned the other and ended up getting mine for a net profit of like $45 instead of any cost to me.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 02-08-2024 at 08:47 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 01:44 PM   #3538
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
But for TFs I don't even really need to do ship-to-store anymore
It’s super useful if u don’t want your significant other catching all your TF purchases at the front door ^_^
Old 02-29-2024, 09:23 AM   #3539
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

United Gears preorder, ships Apr 10
Sold & shipped by WalMart

They also re-upped all four United wave 1 deluxes, sold & shipped by WalMart, same ship date as above
Old 02-29-2024, 11:12 AM   #3540
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
United Gears preorder, ships Apr 10
Sold & shipped by WalMart

They also re-upped all four United wave 1 deluxes, sold & shipped by WalMart, same ship date as above
Thanks!

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart