Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #41
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Re: Will their be anymore MP Starscreams, made available?

Neck beard, LOL, I love it. Can't wait to call someone one.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #42
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
I appreciate being corrected about needing to prepay on Tru.ca orders I will put this information away for the occasion when it will serve me to know it.

Whether its concerns with paying up front (founded or otherwise), just not being able to leave the cost of a figure waiting on a card or a pay pal account their are many many reasons that one might need to dismiss the preorder on the assumption that it will be fairly easy to pick up in store (afterall hasn't stocking Hasbro/TRU shown they have learned their lessons). I do appreciate the point made though for every fan who doesn't want to (or can't) do the preorder their doubtlessly are dozens who can and will so at that point its up to supply chain to ensure that both groups can be serviced.
My apologies if I came off douchebaggy in my previous reply. I typed it early this morning before my first cup of coffee and I only meant to state the facts that TRU doesn't charge until shipment and all that.

Back on topic, I hope that everyone looking for one eventually finds one at a price that they are happy with. Contrary to previous MPs, the online pre-order was open for a long time. Part of me wonders if TRU isn't trying to "train" collectors to pre order these kinds of items online to eventually not carry any in stores. MPs are already relegated to a small section in the video game area anyway.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #43
CAF
Banned

I just wish pre-order had the option to pre-pay at the time of pre-order
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #44
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
My apologies if I came off douchebaggy in my previous reply. I typed it early this morning before my first cup of coffee and I only meant to state the facts that TRU doesn't charge until shipment and all that.
Oh I did not take your comment that way at all. I truly appreciate you correcting me on that.

Those of others I did take as douchebaggy.

In the end I own my choices. Even if I had known I would pay when it comes in and not when I ordered, then not having an approximate date of availability along with not being able to select my payment method at that time would of been problematic as well.

The places I preorder from all give me 3-10 days to submit payment manually once it comes in allowing a bit of time to juggle things around and select how I'm paying for it. Not knowing when and where the money would need to come from is sort of a dealbreaker for me.

Combine this with horror stories of damaged packaging from TRUs uncareful shipping practices and I just absolutely preferred to get it in store and was foolish enough to think that TRU had learned their lessons about supply, demand and distribution. This is why despite having the preorder page pinned for weeks I never ordered it. Just used it to gauge when to start calling stores.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #45
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
Oh I did not take your comment that way at all. I truly appreciate you correcting me on that.

Those of others I did take as douchebaggy.

In the end I own my choices. Even if I had known I would pay when it comes in and not when I ordered, then not having an approximate date of availability along with not being able to select my payment method at that time would of been problematic as well.

The places I preorder from all give me 3-10 days to submit payment manually once it comes in allowing a bit of time to juggle things around and select how I'm paying for it. Not knowing when and where the money would need to come from is sort of a dealbreaker for me.

Combine this with horror stories of damaged packaging from TRUs uncareful shipping practices and I just absolutely preferred to get it in store and was foolish enough to think that TRU had learned their lessons about supply, demand and distribution. This is why despite having the preorder page pinned for weeks I never ordered it. Just used it to gauge when to start calling stores.
I get what ur talking about bad shipping. Its always better when u get to c the actual product and handpick urself. They had once shipped me a giant box without anything covering my yoth prime. The actual box was damaged badly and its even ripped apart. Sadly, I wont b able to find store if i return it. However, i still took a chance with starcream. In any case, ill try to find another while having on in hand. Surprisingly, the box just have a bit of gap and the box is close to perfect.

Its kind of no risk ordering online, they dont charge u until they ship it. In any case u can cancel the order unlike most japanese sites that take pre orders. Theyll charge when its going to b ship/ But, mostly u cant cancel. TRU u can and u can return it too. So its not a big issue since u dont pay until they ship.
garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #46
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
Its kind of no risk ordering online, they dont charge u until they ship it. In any case u can cancel the order unlike most japanese sites that take pre orders. Theyll charge when its going to b ship/ But, mostly u cant cancel. TRU u can and u can return it too. So its not a big issue since u dont pay until they ship.
That is certainly a risk with Japanese sites. But the price can be so cheap compared to what the Hasbro version would cost especially on the cars. I paid less than $60 shipped a piece for Takaras MP-12, MP-20 and MP-21. Even MP-25 will be cheap compared to the $89.99 that Hasbro is charging.

At those prices I have no reason so far to cancel a single preorder from a Japanese retailer. The better deals that Hasbro used to offer with their MP-10 and MP-13/MP-15/MP-16 releases are I think a thing of the past.

Fortunately if one just stays the course with the Japanese retailers their is no reason to ever worry about whether Hasbro is going to release a figure and if they do if one will be able to get one. If one can save at the same time than I genuinely wonder why most don't do it that way.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #47
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
That is certainly a risk with Japanese sites. But the price can be so cheap compared to what the Hasbro version would cost especially on the cars. I paid less than $60 shipped a piece for Takaras MP-12, MP-20 and MP-21. Even MP-25 will be cheap compared to the $89.99 that Hasbro is charging.

At those prices I have no reason so far to cancel a single preorder from a Japanese retailer. The better deals that Hasbro used to offer with their MP-10 and MP-13/MP-15/MP-16 releases are I think a thing of the past.

Fortunately if one just stays the course with the Japanese retailers their is no reason to ever worry about whether Hasbro is going to release a figure and if they do if one will be able to get one. If one can save at the same time than I genuinely wonder why most don't do it that way.
I do agree with u with the mp cars. Its definely cheaper when u can pre order takara. For some reasons, hasbro/tru set an unrealistic price for the cars. I was able to get hasbro bluestreak cheaper than the takara. The ripoff price is only in hasbro bluestreak. WE dont need to look far, if u look at starscream, just the retail(not counting the 30% sale) is 90plus tax, lets say 105, its at least haft cheaper than the mp11. Even last years reissue grimlock is 100$ retail vs 200 mp08( im aware of the quality). And those could b even cheaper if the sales hit perfectly which i grabbed during sale. The pricing is odd, anything non streak and platinum related are cheaper than takara by half.

Last edited by garu; 10-28-2015 at 11:24 PM.
garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #48
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
I do agree with u with the mp cars. Its definely cheaper when u can pre order takara. For some reasons, hasbro/tru set an unrealistic price for the cars. I was able to get hasbro bluestreak cheaper than the takara. The ripoff price is only in hasbro bluestreak. WE dont need to look far, if u look at starscream, just the retail(not counting the 30% sale) is 90plus tax, lets say 105, its at least haft cheaper than the mp11. Even last years reissue grimlock is 100$ retail vs 200 mp08( im aware of the quality). And those could b even cheaper if the sales hit perfectly which i grabbed during sale. The pricing is odd, anything non streak and platinum related are cheaper than takara by half.
You make a good point I had assumed with how they priced the last few MPs that the cars would be far cheaper. I assumed that the price of the Hasbro MP-11 Seekers and the MP-08 Grimlock reissue had to do with them being older molds licensed from Takara years ago. As such they remain relatively cheap to Takara. Whereas the car molds are new and perhaps cost Hasbro much more to license. If this were true I'd expect any newer molds (car or other) Hasbro might obtain to have similarly inflated prices. This is just conjecture that makes sense to me. Their price on Prowl and Bluestreak could be purely greed.

Still it bears mention that even Takaras prices for non-car MPs seem far from consistent. When I ordered MP-22 (the largest new scale MP) I got him for $135CAD. I would be surprised should Hasbro release him that he would be any cheaper than that at all given his size. So as far as I'm concerned I got a good deal. I also feel that with my preorder on MP-29 Laserwave working out to about $138CAD that while it is possible that Hasbro would price below that. But even if they do release him for $20-40 less I'm not going to exactly regret the extra I spent given I got it years earlier and with far less hassle. At worst I get the original Takara for maybe $10-30 more depending on the figure than an eventual Hasbro release that may never happen.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #49
CAF
Banned

I have often wondered if box size is relative to price
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:34 AM   #50
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I have often wondered if box size is relative to price
One does have to wonder if the humongous size of the boxes they use for the cars isn't meant to justify the inflated prices.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread