Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #21
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Wave 2 Deluxe Highbrow loose head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Really? I have never seen actual pledge at Dollarama. Bare in mind, other floor polish, let's call it ko floor polish doesn't work the same. I've tried,lol. Skimping out didn't work for me.
I was referring to the nail polish.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #22
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Oh, yeah, the nail polish you could probably get there for like a buck if you wanna go that route. I tried that though with a Hound once and it didn't work. Maybe I used nail polish wrong,lol?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:40 AM   #23
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Oh, yeah, the nail polish you could probably get there for like a buck if you wanna go that route. I tried that though with a Hound once and it didn't work. Maybe I used nail polish wrong,lol?
Most nail polish contains a bit of acetone (one of, if not the only ingredient in nail polish remover). However, there's a trend where manufacturers are steering away from VOCs. It might be that the ones without acetone aren't as effective.

Personally I'm thankful for that, since one breath of that stuff and I'm off to the hospital for a few hours.

I gave up on the clear nail polish trick a long time ago, mainly because it takes forever to dry solid, and having to layer it over and over.

Super-glue works good for my needs, although I did stick multiple fingers together AND to AoE Slag/Slug/whatever he's called for several minutes before I managed to work them apart.

I might try the floor polish, though.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:38 AM   #24
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Most nail polish contains a bit of acetone (one of, if not the only ingredient in nail polish remover). However, there's a trend where manufacturers are steering away from VOCs. It might be that the ones without acetone aren't as effective.

Personally I'm thankful for that, since one breath of that stuff and I'm off to the hospital for a few hours.

I gave up on the clear nail polish trick a long time ago, mainly because it takes forever to dry solid, and having to layer it over and over.

Super-glue works good for my needs, although I did stick multiple fingers together AND to AoE Slag/Slug/whatever he's called for several minutes before I managed to work them apart.

I might try the floor polish, though.
If you have concerns with the smell of acetone or the permanency of super glue, floor polish is most likely your best best. If you mess up with the floor polish, you can easily wipe it off with a damp towel dipped in lukewarm water.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote