Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: If you could buy just 1, which would it be?
Set of 3 Yes Model Coneheads (Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge) 4 6.90%
Weijiang Omega Supreme 8 13.79%
DX9 Omega Supreme 7 12.07%
Hasbro Predaking 18 31.03%
Masterpiece Soundwave 21 36.21%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #11
timcrook
Cybertron
Re: If you could buy just 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
If you could buy just 1, which would it be? Poll above. Please keep in mind that the amount of space is limited here.
I voted MP Soundwave but I'm going to change it to the Hasbro Predaking. It has more play value.

You say space is limited, I'm assuming that is display space. In combined mode, it isn't going to take up a lot of space.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #12
ngnaw
Armada

Wow thank you all for the feedback! I think I narrowed it down to 2... I think! lol
Old 04-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #13
Chigimus
Masterpiece

I'm assuming OP posted this because he/she doesn't currently own any of them and wanted to know what we would do if we were them, so the previous replies of "I already have this one so get this one instead" probably isn't the most helpful input.

Ngaw, since you said space is limited, I would go with MP Soundwave if I were you. He's an iconic core cast member compared to the rest. Predaking is good value in terms of size vs cost, but you're going to end up with pretty cheap individual designs for each Predacon; other than combined mode, there's not much worthwhile play value there.

In order of what I think is your best choice: MP Soundwave, DX9 Omega if you have the space, else YM Coneheads, then WJ Omega, Hasbro Predaking.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #14
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
I'm assuming OP posted this because he/she doesn't currently own any of them and wanted to know what we would do if we were them, so the previous replies of "I already have this one so get this one instead" probably isn't the most helpful input.

Ngaw, since you said space is limited, I would go with MP Soundwave if I were you. He's an iconic core cast member compared to the rest. Predaking is good value in terms of size vs cost, but you're going to end up with pretty cheap individual designs for each Predacon; other than combined mode, there's not much worthwhile play value there.

In order of what I think is your best choice: MP Soundwave, DX9 Omega if you have the space, else YM Coneheads, then WJ Omega, Hasbro Predaking.
Yes, I do not own any of them and wanted to get 1 more piece for my collection. I loved Omega in the cartoon when I was a kid but with Metroplex and Trypticon already I don't know if I can fit Omega in. For space reasons I was thinking of Soundwave since I have MP-10 and Maketoys Despotron and a Soundwave would be nice. The Yes Model Coneheads would round out my seekers to 6 and I can live with that too. So tough to decide! I guess i'll think it through and then decide lol
Old 04-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #15
optimusb39
Animated

Weijang omega us my top pick. Good price, goid sculpt. Had soundwave twice and stay away from hasbro most of the time.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #16
pside9
Beasty

For the poll, I took the perspective that I had none of the figures in the list.

So I voted for MP Soundwave ( I have the Takara version and love it ).

My next choices would be:
WJ Omega > DX9 Omega > Yes Coneheads > Hasbro Predaking
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

My reasoning...

-Coneheads: you get basically 3 of the same toy. Gets old quick.
-WJ Omega: huge, gimmicky. 2 modes. Not the kind of toy you will transform often.
-DX9 Omega: ditto.
-MP Soundwave: pretty robot mode, but shit and boring alt mode. The tapes are more interesting than the figure itself.
-Predaking: 11 modes to go through, 5 sturdy figures that will be fun to transform over and over.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #18
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Most of the stuff listed is just too big for me. Soundwave is of great quality and the cost goes towards the complexity rather than the size.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:17 AM   #19
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
-MP Soundwave: pretty robot mode, but shit and boring alt mode. The tapes are more interesting than the figure itself.

Color scheme compliments both his modes and how can you not love a classic tape player? That technology was the dawn of being able to have audio of your own choice on the go. Sure, radios were nice back then still, but you couldn't have your choice about what you could listen to while mobile until these game changers came along. Did you not grow up in the 80s like most of the boardies on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
-Predaking: 11 modes to go through, 5 sturdy figures that will be fun to transform over and over.
Ummmm... more like 5 hollow blocky figures where you can go through all 11 of those modes in under 15 minutes probably. Agree to disagree on such simplistic replay value.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote