Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
skrilla 88
Jackass!
Re: Masterpiece Soundwave coming here?

Not to hijack this thread, but are we getting MP Sideswipe or any redeco of that mold?
skrilla 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
tusko
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrilla 88 View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but are we getting MP Sideswipe or any redeco of that mold?
Nothing has been announce that I have heard.

I would imagine he will be released, along with Red Alert. The North American market is too big to pass up! Patience.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I am betting Hasbro MP Soundwave will again be more G1 toy-like with yellow eye visor.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

It'll be just as easy to find as prime, maybe easier....lol

The lambos have been hinted to be in no mans land because of licencing

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
Nullray
IGC

It is called floor stock employees. They are aware of the secondary market and go nuts because they have first shot. At employee discount rates as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
What scalpers? Is there a neighbourhood of them I should avoid?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
Napseeker
Generation 2

It definitely isn't just floor stock employees though, at my TRU there's some well-known scalpers who come in quite regularly to scoop up the popular TF toys. The staff know them quite well and know they are scalpers just because they buy up a *lot* of the stuff on the day they are put out. Basically after they leave, anything good will be loooooong gone. And yes, even the TRU employees refer to them as scumbags.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #17
Nullray
IGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
It definitely isn't just floor stock employees though, at my TRU there's some well-known scalpers who come in quite regularly to scoop up the popular TF toys. The staff know them quite well and know they are scalpers just because they buy up a *lot* of the stuff on the day they are put out. Basically after they leave, anything good will be loooooong gone. And yes, even the TRU employees refer to them as scumbags.
I have heard both stories of people camping out and stalking stores as things are placed out as well as actually bribing employees. A co-workers son at a west end TRU was approached for that kinda deal as well as a fellow employee bragged he was scalping MP-10 Primes for such a great profit that they revoked their employee discounts and priveleges. Braggin to management about screwing your employer isn't cool.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #18
Napseeker
Generation 2

I was told by a TRU employee that the store managers watch out for this kind of stuff: an employee can buy one or two of an item at the discount but the moment they go for three or more, they basically get "noticed" and monitored more closely for signs that they are either scalping or being paid off to sell to scalpers. After that they either stopping getting any hours at the store or warned if they do it again they'll be fired... so at least they do something about it at TRU. Anyway I hate the fact that these lowlives are forcing me to make more toyruns than I normally would just to beat them to the punch. Side question: I'm actually buying the Hasbro release more for the cassettes than Soundwave himself, can anyone tell me if the MP cassettes are larger than the original vintage versions? I love my vintage guys, but I always felt they should've been 50% bigger in scale just to match up to their scale on the Sunbow cartoon (at least they always seemed bigger to me in the cartoon). If the MP ones are bigger so that say, Rumble is just over half the height of my Universe/Classic Bumblee, that would be sweet...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #19
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

From the reviews I've seen ravage and lazerbeaks animal modes are actually smaller than the g1 versions while rumble (blue) and frenzy (red) are a little larger... the tape modes are almost the exact same size...a little thicker maybe but the g1 tapes fit in him.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
Nullray
IGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Side question: I'm actually buying the Hasbro release more for the cassettes than Soundwave himself, can anyone tell me if the MP cassettes are larger than the original vintage versions? I love my vintage guys, but I always felt they should've been 50% bigger in scale just to match up to their scale on the Sunbow cartoon (at least they always seemed bigger to me in the cartoon). If the MP ones are bigger so that say, Rumble is just over half the height of my Universe/Classic Bumblee, that would be sweet...
The cassettes are backwards compatible which is totally cool IMO. The actual figures are larger for the Rumble Frenzy but shorter for Ravage. Ravage is wider and more low profile sleak than the G1 release. Check out the Youtube reviews.