Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2023, 02:46 AM   #81
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising
Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
What else is there possible beyond replacement or refund?

Personally, I'm glad replacement is on the table, if it's real. If this was a mainline figure, Hasbro's response would be to send you some other random transformer toy they had lying around that was "equivalent value" or something like that. Their support for mainline stuff is pretty crummy!
There's only a handful of times where that "equivalent value" figure ended up being a boon for me, when I received a random SS86 Grimlock once (don't remember what I sent in), and when I sent in a bonked Galactic Odyssey Botropolis set and got the Shattered Glass Prime/Ratchet in exchange.

Received the same e-mail too. Will reply to take that future replacement option, bureaucracy be damned.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 03:58 AM   #82
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
What else is there possible beyond replacement or refund?

Personally, I'm glad replacement is on the table, if it's real. If this was a mainline figure, Hasbro's response would be to send you some other random transformer toy they had lying around that was "equivalent value" or something like that. Their support for mainline stuff is pretty crummy!
Some kind of credit for Hasbro Pulse on top of the refund or replacement seems appropriate. They made customers wait a year for this and decided to half-ass the qc. I honestly don't think anyone would want a refund for this figure either as it's already worth significantly more than the MSRP.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 01-04-2023 at 04:01 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:15 AM   #83
justprime
Animated

refund really hasblow and it shows how big a problem this funded special product production produced hope deathsaurs doesnt suffer the same
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 10:15 AM   #84
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Got the same email, gonna go for the replacement

It just sucks because I had a pretty good chrome chest lottery result, it's just (the 3rd duplicate parts scenario i received directly from Pulse)

I want to know when they're sending the replacement myself - will telling them you want the replacement be enough? Or they gonna wait until your 1st copy arrives there, before sending u a 2nd

I've had Amazon.ca replacements arrive before I've even sent the return out the door - really useful when it happens, afa checking exclusives for QA goes
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #85
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post

It just sucks because I had a pretty good chrome chest lottery result, it's just (the 3rd duplicate parts scenario i received directly from Pulse)

I want to know when they're sending the replacement myself - will telling them you want the replacement be enough? Or they gonna wait until your 1st copy arrives there, before sending u a 2nd

I've had Amazon.ca replacements arrive before I've even sent the return out the door - really useful when it happens, afa checking exclusives for QA goes
They aren't amazon and I'm sure they know this thing is worth more than MSRP. I'd be willing to bet money you have to return the item first and then get a new one after it arrives. Which is going to be torture to trust all the processes to work out.

Personally I wish they'd be a little more flexible and smart. I only need one half of Victory Leo to be replaced because of a "factory applied" gouge in the plastic on his chest (and damaged stickers). If they were smart, they would just swap the one side with mine and keep the rest to fix / replace other people's partially damaged Victory Leo's / Sabers rather than do one for one whole box swaps... It would cost less and satisfy more people.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:01 PM   #86
Skorpulator
Armada

Looking at my VS set again, I finally noticed some of the microscopic defects on the Leo's chest and Saber's face mentioned here. But no way in hell I'd waste my time and Hasbro's for something so minor, I really had to tilt the figure in direct light and look up close to really notice it.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:56 PM   #87
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Looking at my VS set again, I finally noticed some of the microscopic defects on the Leo's chest and Saber's face mentioned here. But no way in hell I'd waste my time and Hasbro's for something so minor, I really had to tilt the figure in direct light and look up close to really notice it.
lucky lucky - a number of mine I could have overlooked, but the duplicate parts on StarSaber's hands literally prevent one of them from closing
Figured hey, while I'm calling this out, may as well address the other issues

Plus the upcoming DNA kit has that extra StarSaber faceplate, no doubt to comp for all the scratched mouthplates out there
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:43 PM   #88
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
the duplicate parts on StarSaber's hands literally prevent one of them from closing
Yeah, that's a different story.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 08:32 PM   #89
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

opened mine last week, didn't see any obvious qc defect and that's like winning 50/50 draw going by the qc thread.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:29 AM   #90
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:

With hasbro you always have to send in what you are replacing before they send you a replacement
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote