Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #11
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: Trick Or Treaters

Seriously now, what the hell is with the mad house of people going to malls for trick or treating? I work in a mall and can safely say I hate mall trick or treaters. The mall is packed with people looking for free stuff and worst of all, they don't buy anything. Hell, it's not even dark yet.

Then I go home, finish carving the pumpkin, get loads of candy ready, put on some Halloween specials on the DVD player... and get maybe a handful of people in the neighborhood who actually go door to door.

When I was a kid, my friends and I always went door to door. I never even considered going to the mall to trick or treat. Boy have times changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I think many young families went trick or treating on Friday or Saturday this weekend, I saw quite a few in the last 2 days.
And who the hell goes trick or treating on NOT Halloween?
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #12
Mumps
Canadian Slag

This year we had quite a few! More than last year anyway. We have a lot less leftover candy this year.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

We didn't see too many people last night, even on the streets.

Trick or Treating is something that I hope never dies.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #14
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

whats trick or treat?

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #15
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
Seriously now, what the hell is with the mad house of people going to malls for trick or treating? I work in a mall and can safely say I hate mall trick or treaters. The mall is packed with people looking for free stuff and worst of all, they don't buy anything. Hell, it's not even dark yet.

Then I go home, finish carving the pumpkin, get loads of candy ready, put on some Halloween specials on the DVD player... and get maybe a handful of people in the neighborhood who actually go door to door.

When I was a kid, my friends and I always went door to door. I never even considered going to the mall to trick or treat. Boy have times changed.

And who the hell goes trick or treating on NOT Halloween?
Ya, I know. It's getting worse and worse every year with less kids at neighborhoods and more at malls.

I guess it's the "stranger danger" attitude everyone has nowadays and the constant barrage on the news about kids getting kidnapped.

I guess it's one of those generational things. When I was young, I thought it was really weird to go to a McDonald to get candy, but in the future, it's going to be opposite with kids thinking the same going door to door. I hope a fun tradition like Halloween doesn't become like that. Or maybe, we're all getting old and jaded
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #16
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

The little squirts are getting a bit snooty about their candy too. On more than one occasion I heard, "suckers?" in that whiny tone. I mean they're getting free sugar, you'd think that it wouldn't matter what form it is in as long as they get their high. Call me cheap, but if I'm going to spend more than $10 on a bag of candy, I'd better get to eat it myself, not give it away to some whiner who couldn't tell the difference between a ButterFinger and a CrispyCrunch.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #17
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

This year's Halloween was pretty bad.1)I was too occupied with homework to go Trick or Treating with my sister (Who wanted to go badly,but my brother disappeared with his friends before she asked him) and 2)It was really cold up in Bradford that not many kids went to Trick or Treat much at all.

So,yeah,no candy this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #18
Black Cat
Animated

Didn't see a lot of trick-or-treaters this year, but those that I did, majority were those 11-14 year olds who were just going house to house without a costume.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #19
Aernaroth
Metroplex

I don't think I saw more than like 30 kids this year, and a good number of those were teenagers without costumes. They got the crappy candy.

I dunno, I guess gone are the days of hordes of kids being let out on their own to prowl the streets for hours at night.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #20
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

We both took the kids out to grandma and grandpa's neighbourhood this year, so technically we got a great big gooseegg at our place.

There didn't seem to be that many kids out and about for the most part where we were. The grandparents only had around 20 kids. I had clients that reported anywhere from 3 to over 100 kids. I guess it just depended on what part of the city you were hitting up.

On a plus note: My munchkins made out like bandits because of the lack of foot traffic.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote