Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: Worst day of USA Shopping ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I believe Target is doing their reset this week and that is why the shelves were so barren.
Thank you! I will check them out tonight or tomo!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Target does have Elita-One listed on their website as in stores but no final battle Jazz yet. Hopefully soon.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #13
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I did manage to find both 5packs of the new 25th GI JOE figures as well as a single pack of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. So not a wasted trip.
Nice, how much are they in the States, the 5 packs and the individual carded figs? I still need to get another set of 5 packs, flint and cobra trooper so that I can open and play with them... um I mean open and display them

Cobraaa!!!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #14
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
The reason I don't go toy hunting and that I buy pretty much everything online : no money wasted on gas and taxes, no time wasted. It's often cheaper to buy online even with shipping.
Hey Megatroptimus,

You raised a very good point! From a strictly financial perspective, buying on-line makes much more sense.

In fact, after reading your post, I asked myself: "Why do I often cross the US border to shop for TF?"

I realized that I'm one of those "old-fashioned" TF shoppers. I get a thrill from "the hunt". I derive satisfaction from searching and locating my desired TFs. The excitement from walking down the aisles of Target or other stores and turning the corner to discover what is on the shelves is absolutely priceless!

And when I do get what I want, I discover there is no other feeling like the feeling you get when you grab your favourite TF from the shelf or from the metal shelf hook!

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 AM   #15
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOktobre View Post
Hey Megatroptimus,

You raised a very good point! From a strictly financial perspective, buying on-line makes much more sense.

In fact, after reading your post, I asked myself: "Why do I often cross the US border to shop for TF?"

I realized that I'm one of those "old-fashioned" TF shoppers. I get a thrill from "the hunt". I derive satisfaction from searching and locating my desired TFs. The excitement from walking down the aisles of Target or other stores and turning the corner to discover what is on the shelves is absolutely priceless!

And when I do get what I want, I discover there is no other feeling like the feeling you get when you grab your favourite TF from the shelf or from the metal shelf hook!
I absolutely agree with that and was about to respond to his post with the exact same comment.

There is something about making a trip to a store and then finding a TF or any other action figure toy that you really need to be a part of your collection. I mean, anyone can shop online but making the effort to go out there to find the stuff and buying it is very satisfying. I gives you bragging rights that you got it and found it at the store before everyone else did or found the last one or found one hidden behind the diapers at Baby's R us or what not. Buying them online is the easy route or final option for me. But the hunt is always a very thrilling/exhilirating experience. When you don't find anything, it compels you to continue searching. Its not about time and money, its about a sense of achievement and self-fulfillment.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #16
Hound
Robot in Disguise

I'm definitely in the 'hunter' class as well. If you can get more than yourself to go you can split the cost of gas too. Online purchasing feels like failure in a strange way.

I've done some looking on ebay as well (mostly for G1 or G2) but the shipping costs makes a purchase at any kind of fair price near impossible. And I refuse outright to buy a new TR from an ebay scalper.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #17
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Not to mention it's always nice to see and touch (and sometimes taste) the item in person before making the purchase. However online shopping is good too, especially if you are buying in bulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOktobre View Post
Hey Megatroptimus,

G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #18
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Target in US Niagra Falls is picked clean. A couple of the sector 7 repaints, but that's it.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Yup I was there looking to find Robo vision prime but found the same basics you saw but I picked them up earlier in PA.....shame after 6 targets not one had more then those 3 scouts or one OP....
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote