Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-04-2021, 08:30 AM   #71
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: I just transformed...

G1 Prowl (Reissue)
Car to Robot and back to car... while finally placing the stickers on him.

Oh, how the G1s feel so much more delicate than the newer Transformer lines, but I am still amazed at some of the points of transformation -- like how the fists and shoulders secure together in auto mode, and how the bot mode stays standing by spreading the feet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #72
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Transformed a tons of recent-ish figs yesterday to get them into semi-storage (and off my dusty couch-side table):

- ER OP, Netflix OP
- ER Ironhide & GO Ratchet
- ER Arcee, GO Lifeline & Netflix Elita-1
- ER Ironworks, Airwave, Selects Greasepit, HotHouse & BlackRoritchi
- ER Slitherfang & Doublecrosser
- Kingdom Primal, Cyclonus & dinoMegs

Also got Kingdom Huffer this weekend! What an awesome fig
Little worried about his big orange "hood" scraping his all-painted shoulders/arms, but if I keep the hood "sticking out back" enough, there's no danger

Last edited by evenstaves; 04-04-2021 at 12:04 PM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:26 AM   #73
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Botropolis selects set:
Had a great time making their base modes and connecting them to Sky Lynx's base mode. I got some other moduler bots add to it as well.

The mini duo-bots are a lot of fun. I only got 3 other mini bot guys from WFC just because I wasn't interested in most of them, but the ones that came with the set are for sure the best.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #74
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Converted Ractonite back to dino mode last night
It's weird, but the "tail hat" and dino-skull out on the end of his arm, like a hand? Making him more fun in bot mode than a dino; dino is a bit boring now in comparison, needs more neck articulation since he loses the skull "crest"s silhouette if he looks up at all (just flush up against the spine/ribcage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
Botropolis selects set:
The mini duo-bots that came with the set are for sure the best.
Agreed, cannon-truck bros molds are for sure the best WFC micromasters (DirectHit/PowerPunch, Moonrock/MissileMaster, I'm sure those yellow ones from the Micron pack)

I'm not super impressed with the shuttle bros (tipsy back guy, forced guns front guy), plus shuttle can't tab together very well on the retail release (Botropolis fixed this)

I do think that ER Bombshock & Growl are really good though; sad I stressed out Growl's huge backpiece during a stupid transform attempt that I botched

Cars are OK/good, except all "shouldermasters" are ridiculous and they should stop immediately

Planes are cool, trucks are meh, all firetrucks/BigShot are brutal, Flak is great
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:15 PM   #75
delrue
Crossover

Core Kingdom Megatron

Not a great vehicle mode.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:04 PM   #76
The Nemesis
Alternator

Finally got my hands on a Retro Chromedome today.

Car mode is nice. Simple in a good way.

Robot mode is about what you'd expect. After 2 years of WFC figures it's hard to look back at some of the PWT ones and realize how skinny and flimsy many of their limbs are. Even taking away that WFC has tended towards chunkier proportions, comparing something like the Studio Series 86 bots to PWT ones is like night and day. Still, the proportions are good in robot mode and I like that he's not terribly kibbly outside of the car hood just sort of clinging to his back.

Transformation is simple but satisfying. I like the uniqueness of separating the roof windows so that they become the backs of his legs while the hood moves up and in spite of its kibble nature is still a bit different because it sits higher up on his shoulders instead of just draping low where it was by default. The flip down chest plate was a nice different touch.

None of the transformation is difficult but I am wary about how lightweight the swingarms for the car hood and canopy are. It makes me feel like I might break them if I put pressure on in the wrong way.

Overall quite happy with him. Plus with my Retro Headmaster Wave 1 set complete I can finally recreate one of my favorite dumb moments in the long history of dumb moments courtesy of Headmasters anime Chromedome (who I contend is one of the worst characters in Transformers history.)

Old 04-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #77
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Finally got my hands on a Retro Chromedome today.

Car mode is nice. Simple in a good way.

Robot mode is about what you'd expect. After 2 years of WFC figures it's hard to look back at some of the PWT ones and realize how skinny and flimsy many of their limbs are. Even taking away that WFC has tended towards chunkier proportions, comparing something like the Studio Series 86 bots to PWT ones is like night and day. Still, the proportions are good in robot mode and I like that he's not terribly kibbly outside of the car hood just sort of clinging to his back.

Transformation is simple but satisfying. I like the uniqueness of separating the roof windows so that they become the backs of his legs while the hood moves up and in spite of its kibble nature is still a bit different because it sits higher up on his shoulders instead of just draping low where it was by default. The flip down chest plate was a nice different touch.

None of the transformation is difficult but I am wary about how lightweight the swingarms for the car hood and canopy are. It makes me feel like I might break them if I put pressure on in the wrong way.

Overall quite happy with him. Plus with my Retro Headmaster Wave 1 set complete I can finally recreate one of my favorite dumb moments in the long history of dumb moments courtesy of Headmasters anime Chromedome (who I contend is one of the worst characters in Transformers history.)

Yeah, I noticed that about the Titans Return deluxes. I opened Transformers Legends Blurr (the Takara version of the figure) and the figure felt really hollow and light. The plastic also felt a lot thinner than any of the WFC figures. Guess quality really went up since then.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #78
The Nemesis
Alternator

I'm transforming everything in my storage bucket to make them store easier while they're not on my shelves. So I might have a bunch of posts today about transforming a whole lot of Siege and PWT stuff. lol

First up: the PotP mold fembots (Moonracer, Firestar, Greenlight, Lancer)

Transformation is nice and easy and I like the way the legs and canopy combine into the front end of the car. It's just a shame the back end is so lazy with the blatant bot chest on the top and the uncovered arms dangling off the back so that you can still see the hands.

Next: Siege Chromia

I appreciate the better engineering for posability in robot mode, but there are a lot more fussy bits in her transformation and it still has the same issues that the PotP version of this design has with the back end being lazy and having so many exposed bot parts.

I also kinda wish they had made the car canopy detachable to work like a riot shield.

PotP Elita-1

I don't hate the weird chunky-limbed design with Elita as much as I do with PotP Starscream, but man this transformation suuuucks. It just shoves the body up under the jet wings and doesn't hide anything. The head, arms and hands, and legs are all clearly visible. It's also really hard to tuck everything into position cleanly, especially because the folding on the wings also inescapably damages the stickers on the back.

If I didn't make it easier to store I would probably never transform this one. Heck. If I was able to replace her with the Netflix Elita I would.

Assorted PWT Legends Class

Outback - easy enough. I don't like that the head just swivels around with nothing else to cover it. Getting the forearms twisted around to put in place is also a little tight.

Beachcomber - the pullout to extend the midsection, hide the head, and align the buggy's roll cage is a fun and unique setup. The legs tab together nicely too. It would've been nice to do more to hide the arms/hands though.

Cosmos - A lot of fun and deceptively creative. My only concern is that eventually his head might no longer secure in place and he'll look like a headless bot.

Slash/Cindersaur - I like most of their transformations. I just wish that back panel that hides the dino head in robot mode would close up better, because on both of mine it just sort of sits up like a loose flap because there's nothing to secure it. The obvious gap in the abdomen left by how the legs fold back also kinda sucks. Would've been nice to have them sit down flush to the rest of the body. Maybe also a way to hide the dino feet better in robot mode, or flip them up more so they look like knives in a reverse grip.

Windcharger/Tailgate - I hate this one. I got both because I wanted both of the characters, but the transformation to car mode is finicky and frustrating to line up. The biggest frustration point is the fold-out roof/windshield bits that are hidden in the legs. The hing tends to come apart easily and then getting them to come down in place and tab into the hood without overcurling and getting stuck underneath is fidgety, and if they don't line up I have to bend the legs back and start that whole transformation step over again.

Seaspray - The legs are a little awkward to accordion into place. I like the parts that hinge up and down to get the horizontal hovercraft body out of the vertical robot one without it just being "now lay him on his back and you're done". Covering the head with that flip-up panel is a disappointing cheat though.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 04-05-2021 at 07:01 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:06 AM   #79
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Recently got SS86 Scourge. I kept going bad to him throughout the day converting back and forth. Just an all around fun and unique transformation. I only wish his head could tilt up and have thigh rotation. He only has the waist ball sockets that turn awkwardly.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:15 AM   #80
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Just transformed all of these gems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210329_0107033~2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	48871   Click image for larger version