Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 AM   #11
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Wave 2 Deluxe Highbrow loose head?

Turn the titan master's head 90 degrees and put it in the slot. It isn't a dud you have, just an issue with the mold in general. I wish I'd known that trick when I bloody reviewed him. Learned it by accident after,lol. As well, pledge is better than nail polish, safer for plastic too. If you wanna know exactly what label to look for here in Canada, because you won't see the word future on it anymore then I showed what it looks like in episode 72. Same one where I show the aoe optimus faceplate. I digress. Yeah, 90 degrees and that should solve your problem. Exchanging it is likely a waste of time and energy that will only result in the same issue. Good luck.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #12
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Had the same problem with mine. A little Pledge Future Floor Polish and it works fine now. Also worked great on Skullcrunchers wobbles. Pretty cheap too at Walmart. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pledge-w.../6000016951678
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #13
ngnaw
Armada
Post Re: Wave 2 Deluxe Highbrow loose head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Turn the titan master's head 90 degrees and put it in the slot. It isn't a dud you have, just an issue with the mold in general. I wish I'd known that trick when I bloody reviewed him. Learned it by accident after,lol. As well, pledge is better than nail polish, safer for plastic too. If you wanna know exactly what label to look for here in Canada, because you won't see the word future on it anymore then I showed what it looks like in episode 72. Same one where I show the aoe optimus faceplate. I digress. Yeah, 90 degrees and that should solve your problem. Exchanging it is likely a waste of time and energy that will only result in the same issue. Good luck.
Ya the 90 degrees of the titan head works. No floppiness when posing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
You mean it just wobbles? Why is that a big deal? You could try phoning Hasbro about it, they're notorious for sending out free figures on the slightest complaint. I got my Ultra Magnus completely free because a friend complained about some smaller figure having the wheels on backwards or something.
What do you mean why's that a big deal? It's not a big deal since it's a cheap toy but that would be like saying "Oh my Kia's front bumper is loose, no big deal, i'll super glue it and it's a cheap car... " Others have the same issue so it's a problem that needs addressing. I'm happy for the replies and ideas.

Last edited by ngnaw; 11-18-2016 at 08:59 AM.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
Had the same problem with mine. A little Pledge Future Floor Polish and it works fine now. Also worked great on Skullcrunchers wobbles. Pretty cheap too at Walmart. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pledge-w.../6000016951678
So you just take a little drop in the socket and it solidifies to make up for the extra space in the back of the socket?
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #15
Shock
Generation 2

Suffers the same problem as American Scourge. Takara fixed it on their Scourge so I'm going to buy the Japanese Highbrow also.

A ghetto fix for loose Highbrow head - stick the head in sideways. Not backwards, sideways. If the ball joint itself is kind of loose, taka apart - put a drop of superglue around the ball and allow to dry before reinstalling.
Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #16
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
Agreed, it made my Skull cruncher wayyy better. And JonoPrime is a true scholar and a gentleman, that's the link for anyone not in the know and that floor polish is like magic...most times,lol.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:41 PM   #17
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I'm not confident enough to modify my toys, lol. Floppy heads gonna flop. But when the headmaster joint is too tight, I plug the head in backward. It holds well enough, doesn't affect any mask/helmet gimmicks, and gives me peace of mind that I won't snap the TM's tiny head off when I unplug it.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #18
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
So you just take a little drop in the socket and it solidifies to make up for the extra space in the back of the socket?
Yup, pretty much! It has the consistency of water, so I use either a toothpick or Q-tip to get a little bit of polish on the end. And then I carefully work it into the joint or whichever area is needed. It may take a few "dabs" to get it just right and leave it for an hour or so once done (some may check it sooner, but that's what works for me.

Keep in mind it will want to spread around once gravity takes over, lol. So best bet is to leave it on its side, that way the polish won't run down the body itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Agreed, it made my Skull cruncher wayyy better. And JonoPrime is a true scholar and a gentleman, that's the link for anyone not in the know and that floor polish is like magic...most times,lol.
Thank you, sir! Too kind ... And yes, MOST of the time it works like magic, lol.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Nail polish is too expensive. Pledge floor polish (aka pledge with future) is the best for fixing loose joints on toys.
Expensive? You can easily get that stuff at Dollarama.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #20
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Expensive? You can easily get that stuff at Dollarama.
Really? I have never seen actual pledge at Dollarama. Bare in mind, other floor polish, let's call it ko floor polish doesn't work the same. I've tried,lol. Skimping out didn't work for me.