Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #111
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Wow, I don't think I've seen this much bile being spewn since...oh wait, it was almost exactly the same topic, only a year ago! I guess we can't blame it on the crummy Vancouver weather, could we?

There really has been a lot of hearsay going on about A3U and Spencer in the past while. While there may have been a few problems with the online store, he ran a pretty good physical location, and went out of his way to do some things for the local community that no other local dealer has done, such as hosting Parts Nights in-store, actually going to Botcon to get exclusives for people, making a "loose" display case for fans looking for deals, and generally taking the time to keep up-to-date with what's going on in the collecting world.

Having known the guy for the better part of a decade, I can say that, like anyone, he has his faults, and has made some questionable decisions in the past. A lot of people I talk to seem to accept as fact a lot of rumors & hearsay about the whole ordeal. There are things being said about this guy (even above and beyond what's been said here) that would make most people cringe, and it's unfortunate that a lot more of that kind of thing has been spread around than actual interactions, both on and offline.

Just a theoretical, here: Might it be possible that, due to his reputation, he got jerked around on at least one occasion, either by suppliers, partners or employees, because they knew that he would get stuck with the blame?

Boris: I've only briefly stopped by Urban Samurai once, but now that I know you're there, I look forward to going back and meeting you in person. I can appreciate your situation. Have you gotten any difficulty from Japanese suppliers due to the A3U name? I know the value of "face" in that culture, and if they have been burned in the past it may be a concern. I hope that your A3U doesn't prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

-BT
Old 12-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #112
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
It's just a toy store.
Exactly No need for drama.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #113
Quantum
Uh-huh.

All i gotta say is: Boris, good luck with the store. Congrats on becoming a bigger part of the community, and kudos for trying to prove that you are just here to get stuff available for the fans.

To all who have a beef with Spencer: that sucks. I like Spence; I consider him a friend. He tried really hard, and I won't take anyone else's experience away from them or diminish it, but frankly, there isn't a single business in the world who doesn't have some angry customers due to any number of unfortunate situations.

It sucks.

But honestly, get over all the conspiracy crap.

You have a beef with Spence, take it up with Spence. You got a beef with Spence, you have no right to take it out on Boris. That's like having a bad experience with someone named Mike then not trusting anyone named Mike or who has anything to do with Mike, and openly warning people about Mike (who wasn't even the Mike from the original bad experience). Sheesh. Doesn't make sense.

Boris has obviously tried very hard to show that he is starting fresh with an already used name. Let's all just move forward and keep enjoying our nerdy little hobby. It's about fun, not trash-talking people who don't deserve it and obviously love the same awesome stuff that we all do.

Can't we all just get along?!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #114
tkim87
Generation 1

i work inside lougheed mall so i regularly goto Urban Samurai for tamiya paints and also just to have a look at new items when i get a chance, and i have no bad things to say about them. I usually see brook or spence when im there but i've also seen several others at later hours (assuming Boris and his employees) and they've always been friendly. always felt welcomed even if i was there with no intensions of buying anything (which usually is the case..:P), and that is good enough for me.

-that asian guy that left a nickle there on saturday.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #115
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
That's like having a bad experience with someone named Mike then not trusting anyone named Mike or who has anything to do with Mike, and openly warning people about Mike (who wasn't even the Mike from the original bad experience).
Oh man, don't even get me started about Mike and his friends...........

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #116
Quantum
Uh-huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post

Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #117
CyberMnky
Animated

Mike's an ass

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #118
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
MIKE! OOOO... that nasty, NASTY Mike. Do you know some call him Mikey, and I heard Mikey hates everything. But strangely, he likes Life cereal and Armada Hotshot. He swears its got the best articulation and gimick that's ever been....been... like ever. Saw Mikey punt a kid across the transformers aisle once and stuff a Gi-Joe up his nose while saying, "Kickin' yo' butt is the other half of the battle." I swear this is true. :P
Old 12-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #119
Doctor Kibble
Generation 1

LOL! I heard Mike steals from childrens charities...
Old 12-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #120
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
Sorry guys im not doing every bodies homework here! You want sources check the internet.
Sorry, but you can't come on here and make an accusation and not give sources. Well, I guess you actually can, but it does not give merit to anything you say.

Also: Mike's a repacker. Saw it with my own eyes. Just trust me. Total fucking repacker.

Last edited by pud333; 12-14-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup