Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-18-2015, 02:28 PM   #21
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Am I the only one bored?

Something to get a little excited for the rest of year...for myself anyway.

Sept: MP-25, Kotobukiya D-style Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker
Oct: MP-26, Takara Legends LG-15 Nightbird, LG-16 Slipstream (I did not order Blackarachnia)
Dec: UW-04 Devastator
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #22
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

RiD: got a couple of them, not interested in collecting this main line (may be I am too old? )

MP: can TakaraTomy make more Decepticons like the (official) cone-heads, the three Insecticons, etc.? We have quite a number of Autobot cars which are variations of a handful of molds. Even though I collected them it is getting to a point which is too much of a good thing. Also, can Hasbro see the gaps between their releases and TakaraTomy and bring the new ones in faster with more acceptable price tags?

CW and Legends/Classics/etc.: can we have less repaints? New molds are expensive, I get that, but still can we see more new stuffs (or at least some different head sculpts)?

Platinum/Encore (is this reissue line dead?): like the MP line can we see more G1 molds that we have not seen yet? Trypticons is on the right track (BTW will we see this Target exclusive mold here?) I supposed but the Insecticons and Perceptor have been done before. More new stuffs!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #23
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I'm really enjoying CW, though mold fatigue has set in so the near future for it is a little sparse.

3p and backfilling figures are still keeping my wallet empty.

Didn't really get into NuRiD but did pick a couple up on sale here and there.

Looking forward to Titan Wars and 2016!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #24
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I am finding that the lines are just not as good as they used to be.

RiD is complete crap. I have 4 figures from the series: Jazz, Sideswipe, Drift, and Strongarm, and that's all I intend to get.

Still waiting for my MP Takara Jazz...

CW is better than RiD but not as good as Classics or Animated were.

3rd party is just getting far too expensive.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #25
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Am I the only one having fun then? My wallet finally will get some rest after Devy.

I do want RID15's Sideswipe but not at that price.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #26
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I am actually enjoying the CW and TFRID lines. Though I understand what you all are saying about repaints.
We've always had repaints in Transformers, but they're usually not so close together.

If you think about it, even the MP line is full of repaints. The Datsun's, the Seekers, Wheeljack & Exhaust, Bumblebee & G2 Bee, Tracks & Road Rage, all the reuses of MP10, even Soundwave/Soundblaster & the Year of Whatever MP Soundwave.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #27
joshimus
Metroplex

I'm kinda bored of CW. Superion seemed like a great buy at the time but I kinda regret getting them and I don't mind Menasaur but I could do without it too. I only have a couple of the RID figures.
Magnus is pretty nifty, I like Devestator, a couple of smaller figs are nice but overall, the appeal for me isnt there anymore especially at the price points now.
I don't know if it's board or tired of paying more for less. 10.00 for a tiny legends figure with less articulation than they used to have and even simply transformations because of the less articulation, seems like too much money now.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #28
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Yeah, I may not actively buy repaints, but their existence doesn't bother me.

I am looking forward to stocked toy departments and sales leading global up to xmas...
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #29
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Well I can agree on some of the RID figz. The deployers are a huge waste of plastic imo. They look like cheap Dollarama crap to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
.... With manufacturing as advanced as it is, toys must be able to do yoga or I don't want it. ��

Last edited by Xtreme987; 08-18-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #30
Undrave
Canadian Slag

See the thing is I don't have any huge desire for G1 toys, nor G1 style toys. I've moved on from those aesthetics at this point and crave something else. The only G1 toys I've hunted down since I've moved on to proper collecting have been Micromasters and a deluxe Insecticon Barrage (a toy I never owned as a kid, nor ever had appearance in the cartoon).

I don't have that strong of a connection to G1 characters so getting their Masterpiece versions just doesn't thrill me much. I'd rather have toys from Beast Wars or Cybertron or even RiD or hommages to any of those guys.

Since I don't really like Masterpieces I don't care for about 90% of what third party companies put out. Too often their idea of updated design is 'add more transformation steps and panels'.

Price is also a factor to consider.

Right now I've gotten into Glyos and spend money there. Thing is that Glyos toys are pretty much repaints ALL the time! So it's not that repaints inherently bore me... but now it's just too much too fast and nothing all that clever ya know?

RID's repaints are pretty horrible, considering the TON of characters they could hommage but don't... when was the last time we had both Sideswipe and Sunstreaker in the same toyline? I bet Streaker fans would buy a yellow RiD Sideswipe!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote