Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Nullray
IGC
FP Project Ground Hammer

RIFTSHOT & RECOILER
There are many things that can make an Alpha or Beta stand apart from the crowd but the simplest has always been the Crystals, how much power they generate and how much they can hold in reserve.

Known in military circles as “The Twins”, RIFTSHOT and RECOILER are the last, active duty pair with Parallel Resonance crystals. When in proximity to each other these crystals produce an additional 27.3% power output. Riftshot and Recoiler rose through the ranks together, both refusing to accept separate postings. Due to their disparate skill sets this made them difficult to place in the military structure. In the field, the sub space communications link between them makes the two eerily quiet, excellent for covert operations but terrible for squad relations.

RIFTSHOT, ever eager to face down an opponent twice his size, specializes in heavy ordinance and explosives; if it explodes he likes it. Unofficially, he considers himself Recoilers bodyguard.

For RECOILER, how an enemy is dealt with is not important, only that it’s done. Choosing to equip himself with long range weaponry, he has set all of the Alpha distance firing records by a wide margin.

Their skills, along with their often unused excess energy output made them ideal candidates for an offshoot of the PARALLAX project headed by the Soleron Special Projects engineer RAZER called “PROJECT GROUND HAMMER”. The operation was as conceived as a way to provide REVOLVER with field assistance to support his clandestine operations. RIFTSHOT and RECOILER’S frames were extensively modified to match that of REVOLVER, further reinforcing the “Twins” nickname. Publicly these changes were designed to allow for the exchange of modular weapons arrays between the three bots. In actuality, RAZER, acting as Revolvers quartermaster, developed a powerful, short-term use, Parallax-derived armor (see: PROJECT GROUND HAMMER) and conscripted the “Twins” to act as storage and delivery systems. Now permanently assigned to REVOLVER, the duo seem to have found a place that they belong and a leader they respect.

-

Wreck n Rule...
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Deception
Crossover
Re: FP Project Ground Hammer

is this supposed to be an upcoming toy?
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Nullray
IGC

I believe so. FPCore has been putting out sneak peaks of the full Wreckers. The next Warbot and now the Twins. This looks very promising.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
BScorpinok75
Alternator
BScorpinok75's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via Yahoo to BScorpinok75

like the little bio / story but don't think i want a rack 'n ruin that are mold triplets with roadbuster but to be clear i can understand fp doing it so...
BScorpinok75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
wedge1021
Energon

Just got this email in this morning:

Fans Project Riftshot Core & Recoiler Core

The much anticipated pre-order of Riftshot Core & Recoiler Core will be open Friday March 21st, 2014 at 6:00 PM CST. This team of two will be available as a set and we will not be selling either figure individually on this pre-order.
Pricing will be as follows:
  • Set of Riftshot Core & Recoiler Core Member Price - $189.99 USD
  • Set of Riftshot Core & Recoiler Core Non-Member Price - $209.99 USD

Special Flat Rate Shipping available within the US and Canada! You can purchase either set for 1 low flat rate... Just $12.99 USD within the US and $17.99 USD within Canada. International Flat Rates will be $49.99 USD. Orders will be limited to 2 sets per customer and we reserve the right to cancel any orders that do not comply with this policy.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Requateer
Armada

Got that email this morning as well. I really wish that FPCore would give much more lead time on their preorder notifications if they're gonna stick with having you pay at the point of preordering as opposed to when it's ready to ship. I'd love to get these guys, but I'm definitely not gonna have the money ready for them in two days, and knowing my luck, by the time I do, they'll probably run out of preorders by then.

Here's hoping they bring a few of these to TFCon, I guess.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

I want the armor but not the figures... ugh.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #8
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I want the armor but not the figures... ugh.
Yup, I feel the same way... I could give a shit about the army men colored copies of REVOLVER... Just let me pay for the upgraded armor... I don't like this Project Ground Hammer at all... I think it's stupid... But I'm the only one of my friends that thinks it's stupid so F me I guess lol
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Will these be sold through the regular online retailers aswell? (BBTS, Automaton, ect..)
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
raiden0226
Generation 2

totally lost on these ones...prob gonna pass.
raiden0226 is offline   Reply With Quote