Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

So today i've been playing email tag with this Teenager. He has some tf and halo figures I maybe intrested in. I wont get into all the details of the transaction so far. So i'll just stick to the basics. I asked for pictures, sadly hes says he has no camara. By email 4 sent i've asked if I could meet him to see the items. Where do you leave and where can we meet sort of thing. Do you have a price in mind. By email 23 recieved I finaly recieve his address. Still no price. Every time I asked a question I recieved a question in response with out an answer to my question. So I answer his question and like wise ask my question again.
I'm expecting this to be a total waste of my time.

I will be leaving here shortly to go other to this persons place. Its not really in a shady part of town. But all I can say is its not know for its standard level of intelligence. So if I don't drop any more post on this fourm my head will have exploded from fustration of dealing with this individual. It reminds me why I stopped dealing with the likes of Kijiji and started hunting for items on sites like Cybertron.

Does anyone else share my fustration with people on kijiji and the like.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
fishtifer
Machine War
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

I get a lot of people emailing me asking if the item is still for sale because they are interested, I tell them yes and then I never hear from them again
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I get the same thing. The only way I could help was to say check your spam or junk folders in my ads for reponses. Half the time people who are asking me for items I have end up there anyway, even though it all comes from Kijiji
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

What I usually get is 100 questions, even though pics generally say it all.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

I made it back. I'm alive and have lost no hair. Long story short. The individual was an invert. I dealt mostly with his mother. Not saying the mother was overbearing. Just saying the teen was an average teen and shy. So I can understand him trying to negotate everything before I came over. Due to his inablity to interact with people older then him. This is all assumptions, but an educated guess at that for what I saw.

I was able to get a few decent transformers and a few junkers for 07-10 plus a far amount of other stuff for a good price. Funny the mother asked me if I thought I might be paying to much. I told her that i'd have no problem paying less, I just don't wont to lowball your son.

She laught and said have a nice easter.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
transforminator
Destroyer

lol yes im in a transaction at the moment as well with another teenager on kijiji and all i can say is he has spammed 2 whole pages of my email...but finally we'll be going through with the transaction tonight
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

I don't get the spaming part. Whats up with that. for the most part for example I can get a deal done on here in less then 10 messages. If it goes anymore then that its basically just talking about the stuff we enjoy, or exchanging stories.

By the end of it I had well over 35 messages which could have been easily condensed to 12 recieved if I didn't have to repeat myself or he'd answer my question with an answer not another question.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I had an experience not too long ago that kinda pissed me off. I found a few TF's on kijiji and they had a make an offer suggestion. I contacted them, made an offer, it was accepted. So I thought cool I'll make arrangements to pick up. They emailed back said they sold them to another person who offered more money for them!! They didn't even give me a chance to counter offer! As there is not much you can do about this I just sent them back an email telling them that it was a pretty shitty deal they gave me! :P
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

So far I have been fortunate against that type of thing and have always hounored the same way. I have had 2 people on Kijiji that have had offers from others after I sent emails and they replied back to say that I was first so they gave it to me. And I do the same with others (except those that say they will come by and then never show up). I don't like the idea of others offering more money after we have come to a deal. I would think that people would have some honour, first come first serve type of thing, but greed can get to some easier than others I guess
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Yeah thats happened to me more then once. What really piss yeah off the most is when your driving up and knock on the door after talking to them no less then 20 mins before, they tell yeah oh ah someone just picked them up like 3 mins ago. Sorry. Its like wtf I told you i'm getting into my vechile know to come and get them. Most dealings I've had on kijiji i've felt that i've been dealing with tards. Thats is about as much PC as I can get.