Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #191
King Benny
Generation 1
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Ginrai, I have met Boris in person. He does exist. You can go to Facebook and look him up - he is the admin for the A3U group. His profile photo matches the guy I met at the store.

I can also confirm Alex is still at A3U. He is the first guy I met actually. I can also confirm Spencer is at the store. At first, I wasn't sure if it was him, but Facebook helped me confirm that.

I do not know what roles Alex and Spencer play with Urban Samurai, but I do know that when I visit, it is Boris that is doing all the "transformer type work". By that, I mean managing all the inventory and engaging conversations with customers in regards to new products coming in. He is often very busy at the store and to me, looks like the A3U owner. Spencer, if he is there, is often behind the counter - not really involved. He has shared some useful product information to me (I am thankful being a newbie at this hobby), but Boris is the one I communicate the most with and is the person I complete the transaction with.

I agree with those who have expressed that this thread is getting tiresome. I hope we can move on and focus on the new products A3U is and will be supplying.

Ben
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #192
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Yes, people have a right to ask questions, but from an outsiders view right now, I'm not seeing any questions being asked. I see a lot of wild and angry accusations.
Sadly I think all A3U threads are doomed to spiral into what we have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Let's think about this for a moment. If these accusations are true, what is there to gain from them? You warn off a few people, but the harm has already been done to youself, and you're out what ever money you're out. Now think about if these accusations are false. You're dragging Boris's name through the mud here and causing him problems that he doesn't deserve and that's wrong.
Not to mention the legal implications of making such false statements. I'm all for the community helping out each other, but without rock solid proof we are doing more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
As someone who is also an entrepreneur, I'm showing my support for a local business owner like Boris. That's why I find some of this back and forth arguing a little bit tiring and ultimately......off topic.

Boris opened the store because he is passionate about the Transformers hobby (likes yourselves) and he came here to look for support and some people here instantly bring him down........what a disgusting attitude.

I know how tough it is to start up a business. I'm having a hard enough time trying to get my company up and running without the people bad mouthing me at the start.

Let's be reasonable here. You're unhappy about what happened in the past, fine, say your words, let the past be the past and move on......no need to lose sleep or get an ulcer over it. I mean, seriously, what is it.....a year ago and this stuff has been dormant??? Come on guys. Its not worth it. Boris explained himself and deserves a chance. This whole bringing up of A3U's past is not fair to Boris and his mention of a fresh new start for the company.

This thread should be locked, the announcement was made, Boris said his piece.

Go transform something
Well said! The entertainment value of this thread is dropping and it is just turning sad now. Why not just start a separate "I hate Spencer" thread and be done with it?

Give Boris a chance to prove himself one way or another. If he is genuine, then great! More options for us Canadians. If he is snowing us then we will eventually find out and A3U will be dead once again.

Again, best of luck with this Boris... you've got one hell of an uphill climb to make.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #193
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
In ALL the manager positions ive had, I learned you NEVER make the customer look like a fool or cut them down to size.
In all fairness, I don't think Ginrai is a customer. Just a veeeeeeeeery loud and random troublemaker. If Ginrai was standing in front of him in his store, that would be another story.

Last edited by Pascal; 12-16-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #194
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
In all fairness, I don't think Ginrai is a customer. Just a veeeeeeeeery loud and random troublemaker. If Ginrai was standing in front of him in his store, that would be another story.
Very true Pascal, but from any business standpoint, anyone and everyone is a potential customer

CJ
Old 12-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #195
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Very true Pascal, but from any business standpoint, anyone and everyone is a potential customer

CJ
This is how I look at it. I mean, I just wouldn't bother, but my father would beg to differ. He's a very successful self-made business man, and he's never backed down from a fight.

I work at a financial institution, and we've closed people's accounts down for less. Customer is usually right, but sometimes you get one that is ignorant and beligerant, and they have no right to abuse you. You can't let them bully you around which is what is going on here. At one point, Spencer was the bad guy according to his disgruntled consumers. Now those same people have become the bullies. Doesn't make it right.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #196
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
At Boris and A3U, I honestly was thinking of giving you guys a try and help out your business. (I need Alternity Cliffjumper) After reading you flame a fan who is angry and upset out in the open and not in PM's or in emails, really turned me off your store. In ALL the manager positions ive had, I learned you NEVER make the customer look like a fool or cut them down to size. If Ginrai was being rude to Spencer or your business, you take the high road not lower yourself to his level. If anything, you treating him with respect will make you look better and help you in the long run.
I dunno. I go through my life with a "treat others as you wish to be treated" attitude. And if somebody treats me like crap, I give it right back to them, because obviously thats how they prefer to be treated. Regardless of position, I am glad to see people holding their ground against a puny internet flamer.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #197
Pascal
Banned

Quote:

CJ
I know, I would probably be a poor businessman. This is probably how I would react (replace "whale" and "dolphin" with "client" and "customer")...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwNvIM2W9Aw

Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #198
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Quote:
I know, I would probably be a poor businessman. This is probably how I would react (replace "whale" and "dolphin" with "client" and "customer")...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

CJ
Old 12-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #199
Delta-Raven
falls down a lot

Quote:

Hah, very nice.

I'm just going to throw my support for Boris (who IS in fact real, and not a front for Spencer/Terminator/component of giant-combining-Spencer) and the new Ages out there. I've been in to the store a few times, and every time the people there have been very friendly and helpful (yes, one time even Spencer).

Perhaps Boris didn't make the greatest business decision in taking over the A3U name, but that was his choice to make. Again, perhaps it was a bad choice to be in the same mall-space as Spencer, but it was his choice to make. Both Boris and Spencer have gone above and beyond what they need to in order to make themselves accessible to us, and the only thing that happened was they had shit thrown at them. Some of us have gone all creepy-stalker-like and still have come up with absolutely no proof that Boris is just a front for Spencer. The burden of proof is on us now, not them.

Spencer did make some god-awful decisions, but that doesn't give you a right to drag Boris, a man who's trying to help us with our beloved hobby, down with him.

At first this thread was really entertaining, but now, quite frankly, it's just a thoroughly depressing look at how blind we as people can be... (granted, the South Park clip lightened it up a bit :P )

I'm throwing my vote in that this thread be closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup