Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
Icetron
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

^ If it helps, the ROTF Deluxes in-store were $25 IIRC and they're listed the same on the site.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
Pascal
Banned

Well, well, well, look who was right after all...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvia View Post
Are your in-store prices the same as the online prices or are they slightly higher like when Spencer operated to cover the store expenses?
We are trying to keep the prices very similar. But my initial shipment back in May was just a tad more expensive overall. Didn't know about some extra brokerage fees.

But the latest stock we've been ordering is pretty on par. Some larger items in the store have been marked down a bit on the web site just because shipping costs on those will be more.

I am doing my research, so most things I'm trying to keep on par with what's on the market. And as we are still fairly new at the mall, I've been really trying to keep it stocked and working my margins to try to get close on everything.

Do note too that because I started the online store first as part of this whole revival, it does have it's own inventory. So some things in store such as the henkei's right now are slightly cheaper when you walk in.

Consolidation of the stock and pricing is almost done, but there are still a few items that differ a bit.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
bubbacon
Generation Everything

I for one am glad to have Ages Three and Up back, I bought a few Transformers through the web site of the old store over the last few years. Spencer was always good to deal with, but I look forward to future dealing with the new owners!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

I am very curious why you decided to continue with an existing store that had a lot of baggage in its final days..

The reputation of the store is already low and I'm surprised that you did not focus your energy into starting up a new store with a clean slate..

Judging from the responses.. it will be an uphill battle to try and win ppl over.

*EDIT* Not that I wanted to be negative about the whole thing.. just more concerned for you

Last edited by Leozak; 12-09-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
All I can say is that I went to Urban Samurai a couple times already, and was greeted by friendly people. (I make this point because at other stores I'm either not greeted at all or I just don't feel like I'm being greeted, more like I am being watched so I don't steal stuff?) The prices seem fair since most of the TFs are Takara (Japanese) versions, although I'm not interested in buying stuff like the Japanese ROTF toys. I never ordered or preordered anything from the old A3U so I have nothing really bad to say about the past, however I'm looking forward to seeing how the new store works out in case I ever need to buy anything.
Thanks for the props Icetron, we are definitely striving to keep a nice environment for our customers to enjoy the product.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leozak View Post
I am very curious why you decided to continue with an existing store that had a lot of baggage in its final days..

The reputation of the store is already low and I'm surprised that you did not focus your energy into starting up a new store with a clean slate..

Judging from the responses.. it will be an uphill battle to try and win ppl over.
It's also an uphill battle to start a new brand and have people have that recognition to the products when they see you. And plus as I posted in an earlier message, there have been a lot of good comments too. So maybe I'm halfway up that hill... I don't know.

I really think that in comparison to all the collectors ages three and up has served in 5 years. The last little bit of baggage really is small in comparison to all of that history.

So in short, new brand or old brand, I never expected to win customers just by opening. I intend to put hard work on it no matter what and prove that I'm about my customers.

Helps that I love the hobby myself and I grew up in that era.

I'm really trying to focus my energy on transformers rather than spending time undoing what Spencer may or may not have done. I really don't have that kinda power over people.

I'm sure no matter what, new or old name, I will even have customers that may not like how I do things. It's just the game if you're gonna be offering your stuff to lots of people. Everyone can differ when it comes to standards.

In an ideal world, I would love to just open up a store and have crowds rush in fighting for products. But even customers that never heard of ages, don't buy from me right away. Takes a little elbow grease to show them that I deserve their biz.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #18
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I personally have never had a problem when I dealt with Spencer, I even ordered something right when the problems started and I got my stuff.

But I can say that I was rather turned off by all of the negativity. But ya know, it doesn't always have to stay negative.

I will treat this new launch of A3U like I treat the startup of ANY new online store. First I will see what people think, then, if the price is right, I'll place an order. Thats the same thing I did with all of the other retailers on the sponsors banners to the right. Some of them I never ordered from because of either Price, or they just didn't have what I wanted, and others I have given way too much of my money to.. haha

So, if this really is a fresh start, I wish Good Luck to Boris and his team. It's always nice to have a fresh face in the TF dealing biz.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #19
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

I wish all the success and if you happen to be at TFCon next year, I'll be sure to drop by and say hi
Old 12-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #20
pandaprime
aficionado!

I see they are listed under Transformers Shopping here on this site.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup