Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #541
Jive Turkey
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
if i, as a niche retailer, take orders for an item and place my order with the distributor/manufacturer based on those order only to have cancellations I am then left with product that pose a risk of not being sold. This seems like a valid "reasonable person" justification for stocking fees on product that is not in hand yet.

just playing devils advocate
If I'm a retailer that takes money from a customer for a product without a reliable method of securing that product in a timely manner, I've failed to uphold my end of the transaction and am not entitled to keep any money
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #542
steamwhistle
Crossover

Really, the only proof of anything is the timeline of events.

Did the retailer accept preorders and money for the items?

When, exactly, did the retailer place an order from its distributor and/or supplier?

Did the retailer order supply before, or reasonably after, all preorders were received?

Unfortunately, it seems like only a court order would be able to prove whether or not NMC had actually taken action to acquire the products for which preorders were sold. NMC seems to be blaming his supplier, the pandemic, and slow shipping, but I doubt we would see any proof of his order from his supplier without a court order. Further to this, without a court order, any such documentation NMC may provide would be of questionable validity, based on the multitude of negative reports/reviews. With court action, such orders could be verified (along the line) fom the supplier(s)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:00 PM   #543
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
Anyone ordering from this clown at this point should realize they're dealing with a circus.
A circus with with an empty big top surrounded by clowns that do the “bad-touch” and scream at you to not tell on them OR ELSE.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:00 AM   #544
winslowboys
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melomeca View Post
I wonder, can you guys ask for the distributer and message them directly to see if actual order were sent? cause that would tell who's at fault no?
I emailed Super7 about the items I never received. Their customer service team was able to confirm that NMC’s allotment of figures/replacement parts was received. I also forwarded Super7 the angry email NMC sent me after the credit card chargeback went through; the same one where he essentially admits to holding onto my items with no intent on shipping them. S7 didn’t seem impressed at this guy’s nonsense and said they were going to escalate. What does that mean? I’m not sure, but I highly suggest anyone having issues with this guy reach out the producers. What else do you have to lose?
winslowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:05 AM   #545
cli1ck
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslowboys View Post
I emailed Super7 about the items I never received
What items were you waiting for from NMC? Also, what email did you use to contact Super7? I am unfortunately also waiting for Super7 TMNT Ultimates from NMC.
cli1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #546
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslowboys View Post
I emailed Super7 about the items I never received. Their customer service team was able to confirm that NMC’s allotment of figures/replacement parts was received. I also forwarded Super7 the angry email NMC sent me after the credit card chargeback went through; the same one where he essentially admits to holding onto my items with no intent on shipping them. S7 didn’t seem impressed at this guy’s nonsense and said they were going to escalate. What does that mean? I’m not sure, but I highly suggest anyone having issues with this guy reach out the producers. What else do you have to lose?
Wow dude, well done!
Old 06-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #547
winslowboys
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
What items were you waiting for from NMC? Also, what email did you use to contact Super7? I am unfortunately also waiting for Super7 TMNT Ultimates from NMC.
Thundercats booster pack (free replacement parts for the two figures that had production errors) and Bebop & Leonardo from TMNT Ultimates Wave 2.

I initially contacted them through a customer service ticket on their website. They got back to me within 24 hours and it opened up an email chain. They confirmed he received his allotment of all these items/waves and the rest went from there.

Please tell Super7 about this jerk. They really seem like the kind of company that wouldn’t want their name associated with this kind of business.

Last edited by winslowboys; 06-10-2021 at 06:55 PM.
winslowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #548
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

I've noticed something weird about the google reviews. The review count has remained the same for the past week or so, yet there are several new positive reviews. Is he getting negative reviews removed or are "people" (read: his friends) deleting their old reviews and posting new ones so they show up at the top of the list?
It's also really suspect that one of the most recent reviews checks off all his usual talking points
Old 06-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #549
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I've noticed something weird about the google reviews. The review count has remained the same for the past week or so, yet there are several new positive reviews. Is he getting negative reviews removed or are "people" (read: his friends) deleting their old reviews and posting new ones so they show up at the top of the list?
It's also really suspect that one of the most recent reviews checks off all his usual talking points

It seems like it's both. He tends to flip out at most of the negative reviews and accuse them of lying or misrepresenting things or even that they aren't really customers and the review is "fake", so it wouldn't surprise me if he's using that as grounds to get their reviews pulled. But I'm also pretty sure at least one person in here has said that they noticed a specific old positive review vanish and end up re-posted as if it was brand new as a way of pumping up his recent performance rating and burying worse reviews that he hasn't purged.

At this point it seems like he's got himself so far down the rabbit hole that all he has left is to try and rig the review system and pretend everything's OK. Either that or outright astroturfing (which wouldn't surprise me if it were already happening)
Old 06-24-2021, 02:44 PM   #550
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

lol this reads as if it was written by Austin himself to hit all the talking points

"Ordered a few Star Wars Black series figures back in October 2020 and forgot about it. Fast forward to June and it still hasn’t arrived with no status updates. Contacted the store and put me through to Jessica, COVID was delaying a lot of stuff which is understandable. Was probably my own fault for not following up sooner."