Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-31-2021, 10:26 PM   #211
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
SS Blurr is kinda disappointing. I don't hate him, but he's lacking... something. I can't really pin point it, but he doesn't hit the spot like SS Jazz does.
Sculpting to me is what gives a bot it’s pop. I like a blend of cartoon colours and toy detail. This whole obsession with cartoon accuracy is foolishness, watch the cartoon and a lot of characters are drawn or coloured several different ways and sizes throughout the show. Masterpiece lost me when they started this, I was perfectly happy with Datsun’s and the Sideswipe mold as it was a blend of colour and detail. I had MP Hot Rod and thought it was a nice transformer but bland AF looking at it especially in the legs so I sold it. Studio Series reminds me of that same experience.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:42 PM   #212
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
Sculpting to me is what gives a bot it’s pop. I like a blend of cartoon colours and toy detail. This whole obsession with cartoon accuracy is foolishness, watch the cartoon and a lot of characters are drawn or coloured several different ways and sizes throughout the show. Masterpiece lost me when they started this, I was perfectly happy with Datsun’s and the Sideswipe mold as it was a blend of colour and detail. I had MP Hot Rod and thought it was a nice transformer but bland AF looking at it especially in the legs so I sold it. Studio Series reminds me of that same experience.
Totally agree with you there. The cartoon was literally giant colored blocks with no detailing for the most part. If they went full cartoon accuracy for every MP, they would look pretty boring. The cartoon accuracy works better for some bots versus others. Prime looks really good in his most recent MP releases (MP-44, and both 3rd Party versions: Transform Element and Magic Square). Other figures may not fair well with having a total cartoon accurate MP release (for example, I don't know how I feel about MP-52 Starscream and the lack of surface details).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #213
pandaprime
aficionado!

I don't like how the major retailier websites don't have a way to filter out all the pre-order items.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:57 PM   #214
RodimusRocks
Machine War

I got a Titans Returns figure and I absolutely hate it. Compared to WFC Combiner Wars and Titans Return do not match up at all.

PoTP's monster bots are okay though, I really like the seacons.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #215
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
I got a Titans Returns figure and I absolutely hate it. Compared to WFC Combiner Wars and Titans Return do not match up at all.

CW/POTP is for the combined modes imo, you either love the big gangsters or you don't (upgrade kits help)

TR is for little dudes driving the vehicles imo, with the enjoyment proportionally greater if the deluxes/voyagers are vehicles (leaders as sh*t bases are whatever), and how visible the little guys are while driving (canopy/cockpits that basically hide them away, are whatever)

If you just keep all your TR as standing around deluxes/voyagers/leaders, for SURE they don't hold up to WFC's articulation

The joy comes from what else they brought to the table (gimmicks), imo

Legends-class in all PWT lines are mostly good, but I find the best one are the ones that took advantage of same titanmaster compatibility - POTP Beachcomber is pretty good on his own, but he's also an absolutely ballin' vehicle for a lil dude

EDIT -> also, the more titanmasters you have, the more proportional joy you experience
Me and my kid once, had an awesome time taking every single removable head and laying them all out, just a million heads that are also lil dudes

Last edited by evenstaves; 06-03-2021 at 03:14 PM.
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:00 PM   #216
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:

I'm curious which Titan's Return figure you got.
There are some that are very good. Blaster for example was great. So is SixShot. I also got Overlord, which doesn't even need to have the head removed to transform it, so there's that. Powermaster Optimus Prime also is a cool figure, and the headmaster doesn't need to be removed to transform it as well.
I also got Kup and Blurr and Scourge, which are all fine. I'm pondering replacing these three with their SS86 versions, but costs may prohibit that (as well as the pandemic)

I didn't get any of the headmaster characters because I wasn't really into those characters, and now, seeing them re-released as more expensive iterations due to different old school packaging, I'm not going to be getting any of them now either.

In general, I believe quality across the three year line, Combiner wars, Power of the Primes, and Titan's Return was about the same. Comparing these figures to the current WFC lines, Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom, is not a great comparison. The scale have been changed, and the gimmicks and features are different. The focus on ankle tilts can lead to lots of breakage. It's more of an evolution of design, but not one that I feel the need to spend 50% more on.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #217
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
It should also be noted that the animation budget for season 3 was cut so much. You can tell how cheaply they tried to make season 3 compared to Season 2.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #218
The Nemesis
Alternator

I just want Amazon or one of my local stores to get some Kingdom Dinobots in. As much as I want the figure, I don't have the time or energy to drive an hour+ out of my way to go to a Wal-Mart or TRU that's 2 towns over just to find one. Especially when this isn't availability on a specialty release, it's a damn mainline Voyager class figure.

I still have yet to see anything from wave 2 on my local Walmart's shelves aside from a couple of leftover Arcees and Ractonites. I've never even seen a single Wave 2 core bot and this after they were bursting at the seams with wave 1.

Quote:

Of course PWT stuff doesn't match up to WFC. WFC and PWT were different cycles and the intent seems to only ever be for consistency of design/style within a cycle.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:51 PM   #219
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I just want Amazon or one of my local stores to get some Kingdom Dinobots in. As much as I want the figure, I don't have the time or energy to drive an hour+ out of my way to go to a Wal-Mart or TRU that's 2 towns over just to find one. Especially when this isn't availability on a specialty release, it's a damn mainline Voyager class figure
Me & ER Quintesson Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I still have yet to see anything from wave 2 on my local Walmart's shelves aside from a couple of leftover Arcees and Ractonites. I've never even seen a single Wave 2 core bot and this after they were bursting at the seams with wave 1
Found wave 2 once (grabbed Huffer & Ractonite), but all Airazors were gone

Found wave 2 cores at a different place once before the current lockdown; passed at the time
Might try to find Megs now
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:56 PM   #220
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Me & ER Quintesson Judge

Found wave 2 once (grabbed Huffer & Ractonite), but all Airazors were gone

I got Ractonite off the shelves at the start of the wave, but have never seen anything besides it and Arcee. Ended up getting Huffer and Airazor off Amazon last week. But Dinobot is only for sale through the marketplace for like $60 and up and I don't want to buy from a 3rd party site that's going to charge me $10-15+ shipping for something that by all rights should be widely and easily available.

Maybe I'd be better off if I hadn't decided I don't want to patron EB Games ever again, but I made that choice and I don't really want to go back on it if at all possible

Quote:
Found wave 2 cores at a different place once before the current lockdown; passed at the time
Might try to find Megs now

If I lived in the next town over there's like 4 Walmarts within 20-30 minutes of each other (including a pair that are literally 5 minutes apart). But not here. And it's 45 minutes+ just to get to the nearest one of those walmarts from where I live. So instead I get one Walmart and one TRU and they're separated by the major highway/through road that I often don't feel like crossing mid-day because traffic is nuts. and that'd be fine if TRU had a functional, decent website that didn't make finding the item you want about as easy as Indiana Jones trying to take the golden idol from its temple. Never mind the issue of whether or not the store stock indicators are a) working or b) anywhere close to accurate.

For cripes' sake their website still lists the Kingdom release of Arcee as "coming soon" even though Wave 2 has been on the shelves for a couple months.

I also wish they'd open up ship-to-store again, because when cheaper stuff comes out I'd just buy it online except that the free shipping threshold was jacked up from like $40-50 or whatever it used to be to like $90 now. and when they almost never have even half a wave consistently in stock at the same time, my chances of getting to that point without trawling their site and tossing in extra items I don't need/want goes way down.

Buying Earthrise stuff from them has practically furnished me with a massive armory of nerf guns just so I had something to get me to free shipping (and yes, I'm aware that spending $30 to get to free shipping that would only cost me $15 is dumb and counter-productive. There's just something about paying for a service that I could potentially get free that ends up sticking in my craw. Even though I know that's probably exactly what they want me to do.)

Last edited by The Nemesis; 06-03-2021 at 06:02 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote