Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Buy for kids?

I keep getting buyers on here, other sites and kijiji always giving me horrible offers, and ending their offer with "it's for my son, so I don't want to spend a lot of money".

Who are these people that are buying high priced Botcon, Masterpiece and 3rd party toys for their "kids". And even if they were actually buying them for their kids for some stupid reason, why would that mean I should accept an extremely low offer?

"Hey man, I'm interested in your Botcon 2014 set, I'd like to get it for my son so I don't want to spend more than $200."
"Sorry, I'm selling it for $480, $200 is a horrible offer to be honest"
"Well like I said, it's for my son, so I don't think I should be spending that much money"
"Your son likes Botcon? How old is he?"
.... no response after that

:| ... As a Dad, I'd never expect someone to give me a huge discount because I was buying something for my kids. I never even mention my kids when I do intend to buy TFs for them (which I've done several times for my son.. daughter could care less about Robots of any kind, unless it bakes cookies or makes tea).

Also lying about either having kids, or using them as a tactic to get a big discount is a piece of shit move, by piece of shit people, and I hope those people have their toy rooms burn to the ground in some freak accident (the rest of their house can be ok though, as long as their toys are destroyed).

Anyone else catch a shitty buyer trying to pull this horse shit?
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
mcmus
Animated
Re: Buy for kids?

Or the other way around - "parents", "mom" or "dad". After agreeing the deal with price and location, I got a message from the buyer 30mins before to meet: "Sorry, my mom just bought this for me". LOL
Old 04-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Now I've sold stuff on Kijiji where I agreed to a price on Movie, Prime or Animated figures and when the buyer shows up they have their kid with them, and then I learned that the whole time it was just a mom/dad buying on their kid's behalf. Those times I've just about always taken less, especially if the kid's the one reaching into his pocket and pulling out the $10-$20 for his few toys. But those cases you clearly see that the toys are actually for the kid, and you can also tell from the e-mails sent before
"Would you take $XX for the green, red, and white cars, and the black plane? Also is there anything important missing from any of them?" That's clearly a parent buying toys for their kids.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #4
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

TOYS R US DOESN'T CARE THAT YOU'RE BUYING FOR YOUR KIDS. THEY'LL STILL CHARGE YOU $40 FOR A DAMN BARBIE, APPLY THE SAME LOGIC TO EVERYTHING ELSE.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Lol @ "it's for my son". Botcon set. Yah right
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
chin0bo
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmus View Post
Or the other way around - "parents", "mom" or "dad". After agreeing the deal with price and location, I got a message from the buyer 30mins before to meet: "Sorry, my mom just bought this for me". LOL
Same thing happend to me except i was seliing an xbox360 with 10 games. Lady said it was for her sick kid, i agreed to cut the price even more. 10 mins before she supossed to pick it up she calls and says "i dont have enough can you cut another $30 off".
luckily sold it the next day for a fair price to a decent person who was actually buying it for thier kids.
chin0bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #7
elburrito
Animated

I like to see the little guys get something too. I do a table at a local toy fair a couple of times a year and little wide eyes between little hands peeking over the edge of the table looking at the toys almost always get rewarded with free stuff.

That said, generally when selling things what the heck does the seller care what the buyer is going to do with it? It's not like there is any accountability from the buyer to the seller. "Hey, you said the Botcon set was for your kids, but my private investigator has provided photographs of you playing with the set alone and so I want an extra $20?" It's ludicrous.

Maybe tell them that, "if it's for your kids, I won't charge you the provincial sales tax!"

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #8
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

But of course it is for kids. I mean c'mon stop being so heartless.

By the way, my newborn son is really into Transformers already so can you sell me any Masterpiece, 3P or Botcon items you have for $2 each? Thanks.

hahahahahaha
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Lol @ "it's for my son". Botcon set. Yah right
Hey thats my line, but my sons 25 yrs old

But I don't think I would offer 1/2 the price, but you never know, someone might be desperate for the sale.

All you have to say is "sorry, can't sell it fo that"

Some people do try it on hoping you have a big heart and will cave.

Yeah I agree with, sell stuff on line does suck sometimes, even Ebay's the same, after you made the sale.

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #10
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

My son love hot wheels, so you think you could knock $10 000 off the price of your 2014 Dodge Charger? It's his favorite car... Oh and also he's sick, so make it $13 000 off... For the kids... I mean kid...

All that said, I have had a great mom buy some TFs for her sick son a few years ago. She called me on the phone and honestly said her family didn't have a lot of money, due to circumstances related to her son's sickness, but he loves Transformers and it would brighten his days a bit to have some cool ones to play with while recovering. The stuff she wanted was listed for only about $30, and she asked if I'd take $20, to which I agreed.

When she showed up the next day I gave her the bag, and told her I threw in a couple more her boy might like, she was very grateful and went to pay me the $20. I told her not to worry about it, and hoped her son got better soon, and that she's an awesome mom. She teared up, and gave me a big hug before leaving, and still trying to give me the $20.

That was a great feeling, and part of the reason why I get pissed off when I'm pretty sure someone's lying and using their kid or fake kid or fake sick kid to get a deal dishonestly. Those people are dog shit.