Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #2611
SMOG
zombicon
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Bingo.

When they have Power Rangers stuff on "Everything 30% off" they make sure that staff put all the Legacy and roleplay stuff in the back till the sale is over.

I was told that the same shit happens with the Masterpiece stuff at TRU
That suuuuucks. Boo.

I wonder if you can be "that guy" and ask for stock directly out of the back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
"For the folks that keep asking...Confirmed at the insurance factory aka my work and now the news ... 16 weeks of severance packages for its employees and high probability of stores staying open for that long or until inventory is sold out. Let the closing sales begin!"
Wow, Zellers flashback.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:42 PM   #2612
stef2130
Generation 2
stef2130's Ebay Auctions

There is no masterpiece at TRU because there is no French on the packaging and that why we don't get the new stuf til they put French on the package
stef2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #2613
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Bingo.

When they have Power Rangers stuff on "Everything 30% off" they make sure that staff put all the Legacy and roleplay stuff in the back till the sale is over.
Not here. Last year, I bought like 20 Legacy Megazords at 30% or more off (because of pricing errors).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #2614
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2130 View Post
There is no masterpiece at TRU because there is no French on the packaging and that why we don't get the new stuf til they put French on the package
We SHOULD get the Year of the Goat stuff, packaging is trilingual, same with all the RID stuff, so I think the future MP from Hasbro might follow that formula as well. It saves Hasbro money to only need one print run for all of North America's packaging.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #2615
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
17.98 For Combiner Wars Deluxes and 19.98 for RID Warrior Class.
Kind of ridiculous that prices are going up to $20 for a mainline cartoon Deluxe. For the moment, at least, Combiner Wars is sitting close to what the normal going rate is for deluxes (as inflated as that feels).

I'm at the point now where I only buy Deluxes on sale, or second-hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomoth View Post
generation kup in my opinion is superior than rid kup !
Both are pretty good figures, I think. One just works better as Kup, and the other is relatively puny in size.

zmog
Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #2616
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I'm already there at buying only when there's a sale.

This makes it easier not to buy RID...
Old 01-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #2617
Protoman
The Legend

I know prices are keeping you down, but let me explain what I do (for those that don't hear my rants in panels on at cons)

http://tfsource.com/combiner-wars/deluxe2-set-of-4/

Normally at Quebec retail, with taxes. A single Deluxe will run you almost $21 bucks a piece. A set of 4. $84 bucks.

I save myself the trouble of hunting and just go with case purchases from TFsource. Once and awhile we get cases like this which are sets of 4, all unique figures.

You get USA packaging (if that's a thing for you), you get them quickly, you don't waste gas hunting and you actually save money even with the shipping from TFsource.

The example above runs me $76USD shipped. Now granted, currently the US dollar is strong (making this around 95 bucks Canadian shipped) but when it takes a dip again, keep this in mind.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #2618
Rodimus1982
Beasty

Quote:
I know prices are keeping you down, but let me explain what I do (for those that don't hear my rants in panels on at cons)

Normally at Quebec retail, with taxes. A single Deluxe will run you almost $21 bucks a piece. A set of 4. $84 bucks.

I save myself the trouble of hunting and just go with case purchases from TFsource. Once and awhile we get cases like this which are sets of 4, all unique figures.

You get USA packaging (if that's a thing for you), you get them quickly, you don't waste gas hunting and you actually save money even with the shipping from TFsource.

The example above runs me $76USD shipped. Now granted, currently the US dollar is strong (making this around 95 bucks Canadian shipped) but when it takes a dip again, keep this in mind.
Sure it's more easier that way... But for me today with the sale my complete superion cost me 88$ with the tax which i have is a lot cheaper than i expected!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 01:15 AM   #2619
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus1982 View Post
Sure it's more easier that way... But for me today with the sale my complete superion cost me 88$ with the tax which i have is a lot cheaper than i expected!!!
Indeed that is a lucky route
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:50 AM   #2620
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:

I've gone that way in the past, when the prices have been right, but at the moment, I just can't consider it economical. Most mass-market stuff ends up going on sale. Shipping from TFsource isn't too bad, but it's still more than I'd want to pay, especially with the exchange rate being as terrible as it is. And that assumes I actually want all the figures in the assortment.

As a general rule, I try not to pay more than $15 Canadian for a deluxe. Most of the time I manage that with minimal fuss... but of course sometimes it really is nice when it just shows up at your door. Convenience has a surcharge.

zmog