Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-04-2021, 03:04 PM   #1591
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Well TRU continues with the dumbassery(?) with their website/shipping.

First. My order was correct, and everything is fine on that front.

However they somehow managed to give me the receipt for someone in Winnipeg!!! Thankfully nothing is wrong with my order, but I can only imagine the pain if I had to take something back. Also considering the order for J. (no names) in Winnipeg was not the same order as mine.

Good job TRU.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:18 PM   #1592
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Well TRU continues with the dumbassery(?) with their website/shipping.

First. My order was correct, and everything is fine on that front.

However they somehow managed to give me the receipt for someone in Winnipeg!!! Thankfully nothing is wrong with my order, but I can only imagine the pain if I had to take something back. Also considering the order for J. (no names) in Winnipeg was not the same order as mine.

Good job TRU.
Damn, that sounds like a privacy breach.

Not good during pandemic times. Hope they fix everything for you.

I prefer to give my money to Toys R Us instead of Wal*Mart too.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:31 PM   #1593
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Damn, that sounds like a privacy breach.

Not good during pandemic times. Hope they fix everything for you.

I prefer to give my money to Toys R Us instead of Wal*Mart too.
Well honestly the only info is the person's name/address. Probably nothing you couldn't get from a simple online search, but yeah pretty careless to say the least.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:10 PM   #1594
The Nemesis
Alternator

I'm not sure if I just had a bad experience, but is the live chat help option totally useless? After waiting a half hour this afternoon and getting nothing only to find out later on that the chat app didn't load correctly and never progressed past a loading screen that faked a "you're waiting in line" message, I just talked to someone who told me that

a) the website stock trackers are accurate (they aren't)
b) they can't track in-transit items to stores (BS. They can)
c) they can't tell me about stock at particular stores (which they only said after I asked if they can check the stock at a particular store and they said "sure! Give me a product name or SKU and I'll look" and came back to tell me there was nothing. But if there's nothing then how can they also not tell me about store stock?)
d) they have no recourse for the fact that customer service at a given store is garbage and the staff routinely brush off customers who make inquiries without any effort (I have been turned away from stock checking requests at the Langley BC location multiple times by someone who I assume is the customer service manager because she's too busy putting Pokemon cards on the display to give me any response beyond "if it's not on the shelf we don't have it.")

I swear, it's like this company doesn't want our money.

EDIT: lol, I even just tried to use the "contact us" form to explain my frustrations with their system and can't because the "message" field in that form is so restricted in terms of word/character limit that I can't even get two full sentences out.

Un-freaking-believable. I think I really am going to be done collecting after Kingdom. I'm already out on EBGames because of crap customer service when they fail to deliver on promises from an order, now TRU basically merrily skips about and lets this garbage happen and everyone is too stupid or disengaged to care. And I don't say this lightly because normally it takes a lot to get me this frustrated with a consumer experience.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 03-04-2021 at 10:18 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:23 AM   #1595
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
c) they can't tell me about stock at particular stores (which they only said after I asked if they can check the stock at a particular store and they said "sure! Give me a product name or SKU and I'll look" and came back to tell me there was nothing. But if there's nothing then how can they also not tell me about store stock?)
That's the part I don't get. Isn't the whole point of the site to let you know if a store has an item in stock?
MapleMegatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:35 AM   #1596
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
That's the part I don't get. Isn't the whole point of the site to let you know if a store has an item in stock?

Yeah, I don't get it either. I know there's a master stock check ability in their inventory management software. I've seen them check it at the store level, to the degree that they can look at any store they choose and I believe also know if there is anything in transit that is earmarked for delivery to that store.

Even though it, by all rights, should be, it is clearly not linked to the stock-tracker abilities of the website. There have been enough people noting that website stock listings are constantly at 0 while they waltz into a store to find there's actually stuff on the shelves to establish this fact. That said, this is not surprising because the TRU website is decrepit, ancient garbage that runs on tin cans connected with string, paper clips, duct tape, and a hamster running on a little wheel.

But if you have an internal-use inventory management system that can check stock and transport levels across your supply chain, why would you not have your customer service reps able to check it? Surely you can make some kind of access account that allows them to poke around the system and see things even if they can't actually effect any change without managerial authorization.

But nope. Honestly it's like the person on the other end of the chat is simply a random schmo that has a browser window open with the public facing setup of the website open in a tab. And when you ask them to check on an item, they just use the customer-side search feature of the website, see exactly the same thing you do, and then come back as if they've done you some great service.

It would almost be a system designed for grandparents who are newbies to shopping online and who couldn't navigate a search and store stock indicator themselves. Except that would require them to know enough to access the chat feature and if we're assuming someone so tech deficient that they can't search and enter their postal code there's no way they're grasping the mechanics of initiating the chat option that wants you to enter your name and whatnot to get it started.

I mean... godammit Toys R Us. I want to give you money for Thrust and Runabout. You literally have to do nothing except operate a competent business and I will pay you for it. That's it. No bells and whistles and other fiddly crap that companies engage in to attract customers. No marketing, no aggressive push sales, no needing to rope me in. Just let me tell you exactly what I want and give it to me with the minimum of hassle and you will be rewarded appropriately. But nope. We're going to make this such an ordeal that it's no doubt driving people away from shopping with them because the stress of the "chase" is too much to be offset by the enjoyment of the purchase.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #1597
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Runabouts online at the moment. Managed to go through the whole process. Let's hope it works!
Old 03-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #1598
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Yeah, I don't get it either. I know there's a master stock check ability in their inventory management software. I've seen them check it at the store level, to the degree that they can look at any store they choose and I believe also know if there is anything in transit that is earmarked for delivery to that store.

Yep. I've gone to one store, say, the south Edmonton and asked them to look up a SKU/SKN. Then they check the other stores in the city, or can see if there are any in-transit. It's part of their system.

a. you have a CSR who can't or won't do it. sometimes.

b. their website is that broken.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #1599
Lucid Harbinger
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
Runabouts online at the moment. Managed to go through the whole process. Let's hope it works!
Argh. Sold out after I put it in my cart.
Lucid Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #1600
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Sometimes I think it's not worth the hassle. better off to go to store and line up.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote