Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #421
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Post your Transformers hauls - 2012 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
...RID 2.0 (That is my Acronym for the new line, feel free to replace the foolish sounding PRID with it.)
I don't think we can do that. RID is a specific toy line; to label this line RID 2.0 implies a connection to the past one, like Classics and Classics 2.0.

I think the best we could do to not use PRID would be to use TFPRID. Or call this line simply Prime and the FE toys, PFE, or TFPFE.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #422
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I don't think we can do that. RID is a specific toy line; to label this line RID 2.0 implies a connection to the past one, like Classics and Classics 2.0.

I think the best we could do to not use PRID would be to use TFPRID. Or call this line simply Prime and the FE toys, PFE, or TFPFE.
Really? You're going to go with that then? Universe was called Universe 2.0 yet it really has nothing to do with the original Universe line. It was never called Classics 2.0, because the packaging all says Universe.

I see no reason why Robots in Disguise can't be a Robots in Disguise 2.0, I mean it doesn't need to be tied directly to the past iteration of Robots in Disguise, it's just the second major toyline to feature that sub-branding for the Transformers toyline.

Anyway, I'm going to keep calling it how I feel, I certainly can't stand PRID, besides it isn't even accurate, the so-called 'PRID' Cyberverse stuff is going to include un-released DotM figures in Robots in Disguise packaging. So how would the fans abbreviate that then? DotMRID? Or DMRID? It's all being technical and anal about something that in the long run makes very little sense. (Me included there.)
Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #423
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #424
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

Wow! Hitting Canada now. Awesome!

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #425
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Anyway, I'm going to keep calling it how I feel, I certainly can't stand PRID, besides it isn't even accurate, the so-called 'PRID' Cyberverse stuff is going to include un-released DotM figures in Robots in Disguise packaging. So how would the fans abbreviate that then? DotMRID? Or DMRID? It's all being technical and anal about something that in the long run makes very little sense. (Me included there.)
The Cyberverse stuff does not have the RID name attached to it. Cyberverse IS its name.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #426
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

Picked up RID: Prime Wheeljack and Soundwave.... They were hanging on a $16.99 peg and scanned at $24.99.... Got the lower price, saving almost $20
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #427
Undrave
Canadian Slag

It's PRID! We gotta keep our acronyms in check! We can't use the same acronym for two different lines!! It'll be CHAOS! MADNESS!! MADNESS I TELL YOU!!! AAAAAH!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #428
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
In all fairness that is how it is on the back of the box.
True, the Hasbro release has all of the images with the wings upside down. But the figure looks so much better with the BFGs mounted beneath Prime's hands, or tucked up behind and pointing straight up.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #429
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Really? You're going to go with that then? Universe was called Universe 2.0 yet it really has nothing to do with the original Universe line. It was never called Classics 2.0, because the packaging all says Universe.

I see no reason why Robots in Disguise can't be a Robots in Disguise 2.0, I mean it doesn't need to be tied directly to the past iteration of Robots in Disguise, it's just the second major toyline to feature that sub-branding for the Transformers toyline.

RiD had a few figures from the tail end of Beast Machines as part of it.

And its pretty clear that the Classics Mini-Con teams were originally supposed to be a part of the Cybertron series.

So I always expect to see some bleed-over from one series to the next.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #430
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
True, the Hasbro release has all of the images with the wings upside down. But the figure looks so much better with the BFGs mounted beneath Prime's hands, or tucked up behind and pointing straight up.
As it was animated in the show...

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Closed Thread