Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Smile Now what?

okay, so the next wave of deluxes and voyagers are not due for weeks. HA barricade is not coming until at january at least. In short, its a bit of a dry spell. My question is, what are you guys doing about it?

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Now what?

Repainting keeps me busy but really, as far as i'm concerned, Leader Screamer is pretty much my next buy. (though Buster Prime is one his way here)
I haven't bought nearly as much ROTF toys as I did the first movie line. Not really impressed with the line.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

letting my wallet recover

Last edited by Benzo; 12-12-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Transformers isn't the main line that I collect

There's other lines that I invest my money in:
Plammo and Gunpla
S.H.Figuarts and other Kamen Rider toys
Figma
Revoltech

Plus there's loads of games coming out that I wanna play too, good thing I have a job so I can keep a steady income....
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Who cares? I haven't even finished collecting the first waves of Animated or Universe yet, let alone Revenge of the Fallen... Not that I'm in a hurry to play catch up on my limited budget, especially with my recent interest in snaggin all of the 80's TMNT series on DVD which has been released so far.

Although I am a Transformers completist, I guess you could say I'm a creature/collector of habit. I go through phases, perhaps unhealthy phases in certain instances, but phases nevertheless.

There's the snatch up every TF while it's on Sale phase.

The mellower, purchase what you can afford phase when situations allow.

The desperate, rushing to every store possible to find that one elusive DVD/Figure phase.

The rotate TF/Toy display phase, in which I will rotate my shelf display and then buy one or two new items from whatever series/collection I happen to have put up.

The buy nothing at all phase, while spending days and nights trying to finish off several videogames that need to be beaten 100%.

And of course the collect what you really, really want to and don't just buy it because it says Transformers phase.

Occassionaly I'll also get into the purge phase, in which I sell off, trade off or donate to Value Village older toys or other items that no longer hold my interest... Or in some cases, just take up too much room for my limited storage space, and so I can always get them back or get the TPBs when I have the necessary funds in order to have a smaller, neater and easier to store collection.

On rare days, sometimes on leap years, sometimes not, I'll get into the WANT IT NOW PHASE, in which I will randomly start spewing out every figure I want, and kind of throw the adult equivalent of a tantrum. This helps purge unwanted and evil emotions, freeing my mind for the calmer notions of hobbyism, like re-watching every film or television series in a given collection.

So yeah, I haven't bought every figure I want from Universe, Animated, RotF or even The Movie line yet, I still would like to get a few figures to finish off older collections, and then there's the desire to nab all the 25th Turtles figures, because I'm in a Turtles kind of mood.

It really doesn't bother me that I can't get them all though, in the past it kind of did, and occasionaly like I said my Want It Now phase makes me a little frustrated/dissapointed. But in the long run, I'm happy with what I've got, what I can afford and whatever the future brings to me, I'll be happy with that too.

I'm sure I'll find something to do with my time, like volunteering to earn job experience so I can maybe get a job next year and actually have stable income of the larger scale variety, for saving and toy shoping and all that.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Now what? It's the season of giving, mate. Spread the wealth.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Now what? It's the season of giving, mate. Spread the wealth.
you can spread it my way
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Nocturn
Previously Dead

That's what she said.^
Old 12-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #9
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Nothing.

It's Christmas time and I just bought a new house.

Transformers is really far down on the priority list right now.

Although...

I've been keeping my eyes peeled. I've almost completed the full collection of Rock Lords figures and I have some mattycollector stuff on the way, and 2 more figures are going live on Tuesday.

But yeah, Transformers can wait till the new year. I don't even have time to hunt right now.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 12-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #10
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Nothing right now, except pray that a whole bunch of my preorders don't show up in one giant heap right before Christmas.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote