Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Soundwaveblaster
Decepticon Deep Cover Spy
Another QC hit

Ok so I finally decide I'm gonna open up my Superion and Bruticus sets that have been sitting at my desk for weeks. You may recall I found a hair wedged in a bot and some scratches in the Superion set and thought briefly about returning it, but I haven't returned a toy in probably 8-9 years, too much of a hassle and besides how many times have you bought a toy that looked perfect in package but discovered it had issues not visible without opening it. With my luck I figured the replacement would be worse, so I kept it.

So I figure I'll start with Bruticus, just as I'm about to open him up I spin around in my chair and the light catches the plastic tray in such a way that it catches my eye in a specific spot. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Look normal right?

Missing rear tail. Notice how it is conveniently hidden right behind the head shot. I'll bet 99/100 people would never have noticed this in the store.

It was a total fluke I saw this before opening it. So you're thinking "no big deal right, just return it" Problem is I've been searching for this item since last Oct, all the Zellers near me, and not so near me only ever stocked Superion, I had to go way, way out of my way to find one and it turns out to be a dud. I'll return both now, but I'm not a happy camper.

Scratches/gouges in plastic, hairs/hairs stuck to paint, missing paint apps, paint slop, dirty pieces of masking tape (not the clear tape used on package) etc. etc. and other QC issues, but I learn to live with it, its gonna happen no matter what, especially when you consider how many toys are pumped out of the factories in China. Seriously if you were a factory worker, would you even care? It just sucks when it happens to you. QC has dropped in recent years, but now production is moving to Vietnam since labour costs
in China are now considered TOO high. What should we expect will happen to QC moving forward?
Soundwaveblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Another QC hit

Expect enthusiastic workers for the first few years, then another drop in quality when they realized they got screwed too.

Last edited by Pascal; 03-09-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
justprime
Animated

add this to Hasbros Qestions?mabe they are not aware of the scope of the problem?
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
JSon
Robo Warrior

If your buying the upgrade sets you won't be needing that figure anyway
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Expect enthusiastic workers for the first few years, then another drop quality when they realized they got screwed too.
lmao
Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Ouch, that sucks man. I'm gonna have to start looking more carefully at my toys too! It can happen to anybody, but it still sucks when it happens.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
Wheelie
Riding on Grimlocks back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSon View Post
If your buying the upgrade sets you won't be needing that figure anyway
He does have a good point. If you plan on buying the FP upgrade the one helicopter gets replaced by the that wicked "blast-off".

We have all been there at one point were we get a QC issue. Heck, I had one just the other day. I purchased a ROTF Breakdown and at the factory they installed a wrong joint in his arm. So when you change him into the car no matter how you wiggle, contort or how hard you pushed on it to make it fit it just wouldn't fit. Thing is there is no way to tell as he comes in bot mode in the package. I should have taken pics but never thought of it.
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #8
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

The first Bruticus I bought had a broken ratchet joint in it's shoulder. I took the set back to the store where I got it and asked for a replacement only for that figure. I kept everything else from the first set. This way you guarantee that you'll have a decent set when you leave because you get to physically check the replacement figure. I find that stores are willing to do this. Just an idea so you can get a relatively good combiner set.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 AM   #9
Sokar
Armada

I had something like that with my first rotf superion. One of the shoulders was missing the socket part for the arm to link onto.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #10
Batman
The Dark Knight

Be thankful you can return it and you didn't buy it from some shady ebay seller in Asia.