Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #11
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Transformers 3 to bring Core Mythology to the fore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Funny thing that there was hardly any core development in the robot characters in the first place.
hmm...I'll believe it when I see it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Sorry but, I just don't buy it.

I would buy less explosions, I would buy more story, but I will never, NEVER buy that Michael Bay knows and understands Transformers lore.
XDD Micheal Bay known as much about Transformers as the guy who called Soundwave "Soundtape" (references ftw xD)
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
hmm...I'll believe it when I see it lol

XDD Micheal Bay known as much about Transformers as the guy who called Soundwave "Soundtape" (references ftw xD)
lol,still doesn't get old,and let's not forget that he called Scorponok by Scorponox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #13
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

That's a nice job of salesmanship there. Core mythology? Sure, tell us what we want to hear. Until it's right there on the screen and in our faces like Devastator's testicles were in Simmon's face, I'll be expecting more of the same old same old.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #14
Richter
Nexus Maximus

I heard dogbot is gunna be in TF3

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #15
JSon
Robo Warrior

By 'focuses on mythology' they mean 'talk about an ancient Cybertron for 4 seconds'

Much like the last film I believe next to none of the original stories or rumors are going to be true. I'm sure they are intended to be true, but just so much gets changed or left behind in the process.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:02 AM   #16
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
I heard dogbot is gunna be in TF3
But he died.....

Seriously a significant character death would be a good move at this point, even if its just Ironhide(yeah, again).

So far I like what I'm hearing from Hasbro and Bay, of course its all meaningless ifth thy speakth withth forked toungues............

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:03 AM   #17
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
The only thing G1 had going for it was the characters and even those were isolated. The horrible animation, errors, stories, and dialogue make G1 almost unwatchable today.
Its not unwatchable, there's a secret to it. If you were to only watch about 15 - 20 select episodes, its a really great story with good dialogue and decent development.

What is the core mythology anyways? What mythology would the movie have to address for it to be "proper" or whatever the heck you want to call it?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #18
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
The only thing G1 had going for it was the characters and even those were isolated. The horrible animation, errors, stories, and dialogue make G1 almost unwatchable today.
Yeah, lets just scrap it all then. Transformers suckz.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
What is the core mythology anyways? What mythology would the movie have to address for it to be "proper" or whatever the heck you want to call it?
Funny you mention that, other then the characters in name (not 100% in design, or behaviour) but the movie just took aspects from EVERYWHERE, the concept of sparks came in Beast Wars, the Allspark from Beast Machines, the Fallen from War Within, protoforms and how they enter the atmosphere was also beast wars-esque, Optimus combining with Jetfire was in Armada (wing saber in Energon and Cybertron but a flyer, the first combining Optimus from RID), Jolt was a G2 laser rod figure originally, etc etc

Thats why I think the movies are kinda cool in a way that they do pull from a lot of mythos in the huge transformers multiverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Yeah, lets just scrap it all then. Transformers suckz.
Now now I wouldn't say scrap it, it was the origins of the franchise and has it's merits but I really don't think that it is the end all and be all of Transformers because there is better out there. 26 years of fiction in fact.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #20
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Thats why I think the movies are kinda cool in a way that they do pull from a lot of mythos in the huge transformers multiverse.
Pulling from here and there is fine. Not even having a G1 focus would be fine if thats the story they want to tell.

That said taking a primary character the likes of Megatron and jobbing him out to The Fallen, well thats not a good use of the mentioned Mythos.

Essentially they took the villian and sissyfied him to promote a virtually unknown character over Megatron.

They made Megatron completely subservient to The Fallen, I mean he wasn't even trying to use the guy or anything.

So in mentioning pulling from the entire Mythos, yeah I like that they did that in many ways. But when a character the likes of Megatron exists in virtually the exact same fashion throughout the Mythos and they toss that in the trash can in favor of whatever, thats a suspect decision at best.

It's like taking Waspinator and making him the leader of the Decepticons just becuase they read his bio and thought he was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFan
Now now I wouldn't say scrap it, it was the origins of the franchise and has it's merits but I really don't think that it is the end all and be all of Transformers because there is better out there. 26 years of fiction in fact.
No, feel free to hate on the G1 cartoon. I'm not trying to make you backtrack.

I do think your selling it a little short though by calling it "almost unwatchable". It was different from later series in that it doesn't form a conhesive whole the way Beast Wars or Animated(sort of) did, but there are still a lot of decent smaller story arcs which told fun stories.

It certainly had strengths and weaknesses, just like any series does. But it also formed an incredible foundation to build a franchise upon.

Something like Prime's "Autobots, transform and roll out" is far from bad dialog. It's iconic.