Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2021, 08:07 PM   #1
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
**SPOILERS** - Netflix Kingdom, your thoughts?

I'd like to hear what you thought of it. Opinions. Likes. Hates. Anything.

Did you like the trilogy as a whole?

Looks like a chapter 4 will happen or at least it was left off on a sequel tease. In the same time netflix viewership was lowest with this chapter out of the 3.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 08-02-2021 at 11:37 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: **SPOILERS** - Netflix Kingdom, your thoughts?

something very disappointing about not seeing some characters ever transform so far. its transformers!!!!

everything is so disjointed and all over the place

voice acting is not the best but there was improvement with kingdom i think

i liked seeing the beasts on screen and they were great in fights, i liked seeing bw megs fight very much.

its very forgettable, doesn't really hook me in with story.

Transformers deserves better but it was good eye candy. If a Chapter 4 happens I really hope the get some new writers to give us a great yet simple story.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 08-02-2021 at 11:38 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:23 PM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Utter garbage all the way through.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:50 PM   #4
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

The entire series was a interesting premise that was poorly executed. At the very least, we got some great toys out of the whole thing, but that’s it.
DanicusTF(cdn) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:51 PM   #5
ManitobaMando
Generation 1

The WFC trilogy was very enjoyable. Kingdom felt the weakest up until the end and could have been better, but NF only allowed for six episodes per season, which I felt hurt the storytelling all the way through. Too much information needed for the narrative, not enough time, and Kingdom suffered from that the most. Time travel isn't something to parse through.

The darker, more adult feel of the trilogy really appealed. More gritty, more "brutal" more like how a war of that magnitude might be fought. The characterizations of each principle was a nice change of pace, just as in other series and we get to see a real somewhat psychological side to the effects of the Cybertronian Wars. Prime with his lack of confidence, Megatron with his hinted PTSD..alegience changes ect. Bumblebee as a scavanger was great, and showing the Merc fashion was very nice. I wish and hope we see more.

Voice acting wasn't an issue for me, nor was the pace of the tone. I felt the voices fir the characters and the interpretation and portrayal of such, and I will only comment on BW Megs as, while annoying, the voice suited the incarnation portrayed. That being said, and while skipping the whole BW series completly in my youth, has now sparked (lol) in me to go revisit and watch them, so maybe not all that was the BW aspect in WFC was a bad thing, if it is making returning fans to the franchise such as myself go back in time.

I hope this line continues. The end of Kingdom left many unanswered questions still and I never thought in a million years that this would be the direction the story was going to take. Where do we go from here?
ManitobaMando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:03 PM   #6
joshimus
Metroplex

I just...I cant even...They even tried to mimic Dinobots "how ironic" speech before his final battle, and killed him...and that voice was just awful. Also, BW Megatron sounded more like he should be a minion like Scorponok. His voice was more lackey than commander. I mean this series voice acting and whoever is in charge of delivering the lines...the WORST.
I was really hoping Kingdom would be better...I'm just not surprised it wasn't.
The only voices I can really stand was Starscream and Blackarachnia. I feel like she tried. Everyone else sounded like they were reading of their cue cards and forgot HOW to read.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:19 PM   #7
Sunburst
Generation 1

Only halfway through, but here are some of my initial impressions:
- It looks like personalities and voice actors were assigned to the BW characters through roulette. Hence, Tigatron got Dinobot's voice actor and BW Megatron got Scorponok's personality (seriously though? from imposing and charismatic character to fanatical lackey)
- Strange that Tigatron got a distinct toy from Cheetor, but not a character model in the show. The cheetah with tiger deco looks really bad. They really cheaped out on him.
- Why is bumblebee the most important autobot after Prime again? He was just a random loner in the first season.
- Blackarachnia does seem like the best character so far.
Sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:22 PM   #8
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
something very disappointing about not seeing some characters ever transform so far. its transformers!!!!

everything is so disjointed and all over the place

its very forgettable, doesn't really hook me in with story.

Transformers deserves better but it was good eye candy. If a Chapter 4 happens I really hope the get some new writers to give us a great yet simple story.
Yup, all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Utter garbage all the way through.
Haven't finished Kingdom yet, just watched 1 episode so far, but saw Siege & Earthrise.

I agree with this, especially after seeing the amount of effort & resources that was put into Netflix He-Man.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:01 PM   #9
The Nemesis
Alternator

I watched Siege and couldn't even be arsed to watch Earthrise.

I'll probably get there eventually (if only because I made a project on TFW out of watching every series all the way through over the last couple years. So I pretty much have to watch this when its time comes.) but man... there's just so much about it that makes me shake my head.

It's like they blew all that money on Prime and it didn't pay off, so they went the entirely opposite direction and are stunned that people are responding badly to it.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:35 AM   #10
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

This was easily the best chapter out of the 3 a vast improvement. I actually enjoyed this story. If original voice actors were used, would have vastly made show better, and they needed a good 10- 15 episodes per chapter instead of throwing everything at once, although this chapter wasn't as bad. I enjoyed the voices of megatron, Galvatron starscream dinobot blackarachnia, unicorns was actually pretty good.

Even though bw megs personality and voice were off, I did enjoy that he was extremely powerful and would pretty much mop floor with maximals himself. He sorta was like inferno loyal to bw megs in the original show.

Galvatron and nemesis prime taking on entire pred max autobot and Decepticon forces was good to see. As Megatron tells prime they are only 2 of them and still out numbered them, as heralds of Unicron should be.

Dinobot was pretty cool, alot of nods to original bw show. They left ending on a cliffhanger, hopefully we see more, only this time hasbro and Netflix spend more money and more episodes union voice actors, need Cullen back, and better story writers.

Overall kingdom was enjoyable for what it was.
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote