Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #231
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Honestly though it is Takara that is 99.9% MP. Hasbro has little, to no, involvement. Hence they are meant, mostly, for the Japanese market first and foremost.

Hence the Honda City (Skids' vehicle) to celebrate the anniversary ahead of other characters.

I imagine the only characters really not on the short list are Jazz and Mirage. Due to the licensing issues of course.
I'm really excited they might have cracked that nut with the Cliffjumper prototype that leaked. If true, I hope they hurry it up and release all the Porsche based TFs while they have permission to do so. Jazz is such a core G1 Season 1/2 character to me (one of my first two TFs as a kid too).
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #232
The Nemesis
Alternator

Someone on TFW said that the deal to allow Netflix WFC Bumblebee to have his G1 Beetle alt mode was a limited-time agreement with Volkswagen and we probably won't see that version of the mold again (hence why the Buzzworthy pack that's out now uses the straight-up ER Cliffjumper/Hubcap version). That's super lame. Maybe it was a reason that Bumblebee was in the Netflix set with its more limited release? Because holy crap you're releasing one of the top tier most iconic characters in a short-run specialty retailer exclusive series that a ton of people never got without paying insane 3rd party retailer or scalper markups. They really should've worked out a chance to have earth mode Beetle Bee be in Kingdom or something.

I only thought of this today because my Ark arrived and if you look at the art on the box flap it prominently displays a ton of characters from WFC, all of whom are standard release except for Bumblebee. I also think they're all Kingdom release figures too (the Beast Wars cast, Galvatron, Optimus Prime and Arcee (who were Kingdom re-issues of their ER figures)...) the only things that are on that flap that aren't Kingdom figures are the HasLab Unicron and a shot of the Nemesis which likely isn't meant for any sort of figure release

It's just.... suuuuuper frustrating and I kind of hope that rumor about the limited Volkswagen license isn't true. But given Volkswagen's reticence to be involved in the Transformers at all, I wouldn't be surprised even after they signed off on Bumblebee movie designs (which probably netted them a crap-ton of money)
Old 07-30-2021, 03:02 PM   #233
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Just out of curiosity, did Nightbird ever have a transformation in the G1 show?
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #234
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Just out of curiosity, did Nightbird ever have a transformation in the G1 show?
No. She was a "female ninja robot" that some dude built for "world peace". What ninja robots have to do with world peace is anyone's guess.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:11 PM   #235
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Volkswagen and Porsche have been historically reluctant to have their vehicles licensed/associated with Transformers, haven't they? It's why all the rumblings of a MP Cliffjumper have TFW2005 speculating about a potential license acquisition and a potential MP Jazz further up the pipeline.

The beetle mould should've been more widespread. I only got one because of placing backup orders () on HLJ. Never saw/don't recall seeing many of the Wave 2 (?) Netflix stuff on a shelf because of distribution kerfuffles, just Netflix Prime at Metrotown Walmart once.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:34 PM   #236
VidzxVega
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
No. She was a "female ninja robot" that some dude built for "world peace". What ninja robots have to do with world peace is anyone's guess.
Let's not act like any of the original series' writers had any clue what they were doing ever.

Let's not forget 'Carbombya'
VidzxVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:39 PM   #237
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidzxVega View Post
Let's not act like any of the original series' writers had any clue what they were doing ever.

Let's not forget 'Carbombya'
They knew exactly what the were doing with Carbombya.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:18 PM   #238
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
Volkswagen and Porsche have been historically reluctant to have their vehicles licensed/associated with Transformers, haven't they? It's why all the rumblings of a MP Cliffjumper have TFW2005 speculating about a potential license acquisition and a potential MP Jazz further up the pipeline.

The beetle mould should've been more widespread. I only got one because of placing backup orders () on HLJ. Never saw/don't recall seeing many of the Wave 2 (?) Netflix stuff on a shelf because of distribution kerfuffles, just Netflix Prime at Metrotown Walmart once.

They have. Lamborghini too. IIRC Lamborghini and Porsche have been about claiming that Transformers doesn't fit their brand image of being snooty high-class status symbols. Volkswagen does it more for a dislike of the association with "war toys" because it uncomfortably reminds people that the company built vehicles for the nazis during WWII (which Porsche did as well, and the company is now owned by Volkswagen to boot).

I had decent luck getting what I wanted out of Netflix Wave 1, so I gambled on finding any of the wave 2 stuff in store and came up empty. To the extent that I never saw a single wave 2 figure of any kind in a store. Plus Walmart never had them available online as far as I can remember.

I hope against hope that perhaps Bumblebee will be in one of the last Kingdom waves, but I'm not confident. And it pisses me off.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:22 PM   #239
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Isn't kingdom finished after wave 4?
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:14 PM   #240
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
They have. Lamborghini too. IIRC Lamborghini and Porsche have been about claiming that Transformers doesn't fit their brand image of being snooty high-class status symbols. Volkswagen does it more for a dislike of the association with "war toys" because it uncomfortably reminds people that the company built vehicles for the nazis during WWII (which Porsche did as well, and the company is now owned by Volkswagen to boot).

I had decent luck getting what I wanted out of Netflix Wave 1, so I gambled on finding any of the wave 2 stuff in store and came up empty. To the extent that I never saw a single wave 2 figure of any kind in a store. Plus Walmart never had them available online as far as I can remember.

I hope against hope that perhaps Bumblebee will be in one of the last Kingdom waves, but I'm not confident. And it pisses me off.
Glad we got 3x versions of MP Bee v1. That was a pretty good mold. They all have guns, oddly.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote