Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-28-2021, 08:36 PM   #4251
Saundowaivu
Beasty
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

My Rodimus shipped, Heading to me from Quebec, at least I don't have to worry about Halton Hills.
Saundowaivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 09:53 PM   #4252
zirew_85
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'm having a hard time trying to get the Ark price adjusted with Amazon. I tried asking via chat and the associate was quite rude and told me that Amazon won't adjust prices afterwards (I'd have to send it back and repurchase, even though it isn't currently in stock). I'll try calling to see if the experience is different. I'll need to do the same for Rodimus.
I bought a tower fan off them and a few days later it went down $20. Just a simple phone call to them and had my price adjusted and got the difference refunded . Didn't have to return and repurchase it. Seems strange that they are giving you a hard time with the price adjustment, but I guess it depends on which cs rep you talk to. I would try again and hope you talk to someone that's willing to do it cos it is definitely possible.
zirew_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:40 PM   #4253
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirew_85 View Post
I bought a tower fan off them and a few days later it went down $20. Just a simple phone call to them and had my price adjusted and got the difference refunded . Didn't have to return and repurchase it. Seems strange that they are giving you a hard time with the price adjustment, but I guess it depends on which cs rep you talk to. I would try again and hope you talk to someone that's willing to do it cos it is definitely possible.
For sure, will definitely try again and I will call this time. To be honest, this isn't the first time that contacting customer service via chat lead to a negative interaction and the problem being left unsolved. The really annoying part is after you share your problem with them, they proceed to copy and paste a bunch of policies from the website into the chat. Like, I already understand most of that stuff, why must they be so blunt and mechanical about everything? Plus others, like yourself, are getting the prices on items adjusted, so I don't understand what's the issue? The policy is also quite ridiculous as they are the ones dropping the price and I'm price matching specifically with Amazon. Walmart, Best Buy, TRU, etc. will giving you between 2 weeks to 90 days to price match, so what gives? Maybe they're just being lazy in the chat. Rant aside, I will call tomorrow...
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:41 PM   #4254
Tiffster
Classic

I got Ark price adjusted on chat no problem.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:55 PM   #4255
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
I got Ark price adjusted on chat no problem.
Yeah, it's weird. I even provided them the link to the current price and everything. Guess it depends on who you speak with.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:18 AM   #4256
cripnite
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'm having a hard time trying to get the Ark price adjusted with Amazon. I tried asking via chat and the associate was quite rude and told me that Amazon won't adjust prices afterwards (I'd have to send it back and repurchase, even though it isn't currently in stock). I'll try calling to see if the experience is different. I'll need to do the same for Rodimus.
I had to do this with a Crib a few years back. It was ridiculous, I guarantee they lost money on shipping something like that back and forth twice. They straight out told me to refuse delivery and reorder it at the cheaper price. I went up the customer service chain as high as I could go and they still refused to match the lower price.

I don’t even bother asking now, I’ll just reorder it and send back the new one as the old one and claim inaccurate website description so I don’t have to pay to ship it back. If they guaranteed their price like other retailers this wouldn’t be a big issue.
cripnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 01:25 PM   #4257
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

O SNAP my Mirage/Grimlock 2-pack is Preparing for Shipment

Now I just have to manage to dodge the "we still gonna fail to deliver this even though it really really looks like it'll make it"

Come on Prime gods, give me the real reason we signed up for Amazon Prime
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 01:38 PM   #4258
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
O SNAP my Mirage/Grimlock 2-pack is Preparing for Shipment

Now I just have to manage to dodge the "we still gonna fail to deliver this even though it really really looks like it'll make it"

Come on Prime gods, give me the real reason we signed up for Amazon Prime
Out of curiosity, was yours delayed before it was preparing to ship? Mine’s been delayed, and I’m worried it will be stuck in limbo like the Coneheads
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #4259
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidzxVega View Post
Really? I've only bought direct with them and never had any issue. Even sent me a replacement piece for my crocked Ark at no cost.

I think the markup may be on the walmart end. They probably take a cut for hosting the product.
No.

Sorry.

They may be decent to deal with but they are scalpers through and through.

You think Walmart fees require a 400% mark up on products to make a profit?

More like 1-3%, tops if anything.

Best Buy for example, doesn't charge anything to list on their e commerce platform.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:45 PM   #4260
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
No.

Sorry.

They may be decent to deal with but they are scalpers through and through.

You think Walmart fees require a 400% mark up on products to make a profit?

More like 1-3%, tops if anything.

Best Buy for example, doesn't charge anything to list on their e commerce platform.
I have to wonder if the goal is simply to let people know that they have the items in question and drive people to their site.

It would be a smart approach, as then, they don't need to pay much or anything to Walmart (if it's free or cheap to post on the Walmart site) and it gives them "free advertisement" via Walmart's site.

And if someone did buy something via the Walmart site, hey, a huge profit is done, and if the person accepted to pay without even trying to look at alternative sites for the item, then it's more on them as they accepted the price and paid it.

BTW, not defending them, but just playing devil's advocate to a possibility.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 08-30-2021 at 02:48 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote