Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-14-2020, 12:22 PM   #551
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Is for people like me who work until 9pm and don't go to bed until 12 or 1. But if the timing is random, just luck of the draw I guess.
I managed to get an order in at 10am on Saturday. I was randomly checking the app and saw Soundwave up for order. Right after I got my order in he was OOS again. It being Walmart I didn't consider that I got him until he shipped since they've taken my order before then cancelled it later.

This morning I got the confirmation that he was actually shipped. So just keep checking randomly throughout the day and maybe you'll luck out!
Old 12-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #552
SimianProphet
Machine War

How do folks look these up on the Walmart App? Searches for Soundwave and Elita do not find them, even when I search by SKU
SimianProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #553
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimianProphet View Post
How do folks look these up on the Walmart App? Searches for Soundwave and Elita do not find them, even when I search by SKU
I just click the link from the forum posts from before and my phone gives me the option to open in the App or my Browser. So I select the App and it opens up there.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #554
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Here's how I did it:

1) Take UPC to stocktrack website and search.

2)The search will come back with store stock (zero) and online stock (also zero) and a link to the item on WalMart.ca

3) Click the link and - at least on my phone - it asks if I want to open the link using the WalMart App or Chrome.

4) Pick Walmart App to open the app on the item page.

5) click the heart icon on the app page for the item to favorite it. You can now find it again instantly by going to favorites in the app.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #555
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
I managed to get an order in at 10am on Saturday. I was randomly checking the app and saw Soundwave up for order. Right after I got my order in he was OOS again. It being Walmart I didn't consider that I got him until he shipped since they've taken my order before then cancelled it later.

This morning I got the confirmation that he was actually shipped. So just keep checking randomly throughout the day and maybe you'll luck out!
Nice, shipping confirmation is a good sign!

Yeah, seems to be pretty random when they restock. Been checking several times a day, hopefully I'll have some luck eventually!
Old 12-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #556
SimianProphet
Machine War

Thanks for the App info!

Hopefully I can snag one now.
The app did lead me to a new frustration now, where a local store refused to match the price of an SS Overload, that I scanned in with the App. So now Walmart does not even match its own prices...
SimianProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #557
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
a local store refused to match the price of an SS Overload, that I scanned in with the App. So now Walmart does not even match its own prices...
Yep, hit that roadblock sometime ago
online is eComm, totally different department than the stores
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #558
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Thanks for the App info!

Hopefully I can snag one now.
The app did lead me to a new frustration now, where a local store refused to match the price of an SS Overload, that I scanned in with the App. So now Walmart does not even match its own prices...
They almost never do... many have reported this in the last few years.

I tried a few times in the last couple of years and once, the cashier didn't care and did it instantly, then at another Walmart a few days later, that cashier called her manager and all I got was a full on bitching session on how they never do this sort of thing and "how dared I try to match prices with their own website", as if I had just stomped a baby in front of them. It was a really weird thing.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:58 PM   #559
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
They almost never do... many have reported this in the last few years.

I tried a few times in the last couple of years and once, the cashier didn't care and did it instantly, then at another Walmart a few days later, that cashier called her manager and all I got was a full on bitching session on how they never do this sort of thing and "how dared I try to match prices with their own website", as if I had just stomped a baby in front of them. It was a really weird thing.
Ive more or less had the same experiences in past. Now they do not price at anymore. Good thing they are not a retail monopoly or anything! Oh wait!

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:51 PM   #560
Ozrein
Stunticon

This is a direct copy of their FAQ on Walmart.ca in their Help section:

"Ad Match — Discontinued
Walmart Canada is discontinuing the Ad Match program in all stores and on Walmart.ca on October 15th, 2020. We continue our commitment to keep our prices low both in store and online."

They do go on to say this about matching Walmart.ca though:

"Will Walmart continue to match Walmart.ca prices in store?

Yes, we will continue to match Walmart.ca prices for identical items purchased in a Walmart Canada store.

A few limitations apply:

-The item must be sold and shipped by Walmart Canada.
-Customers must inform the in-store associate of the price and online item they wish to match.
-Supervisors may validate price match requests and have final decision to grant or reject price match requests.
-The item must be currently in stock on Walmart.ca at the time the price match is requested (we will not offer rain-checks for items that are not currently in stock).
-We reserve the right to verify the price and availability of the identical item (i.e. size, model, quantity, brand, and/or colour).
-We reserve the right to limit quantities to one-per-customer, per item, per day.

We do not match:

-Prices from or on behalf of Third Party Sellers on Walmart.ca or Third Party Sellers of competitors.
-Price errors, flash sales, damaged/used/refurbished items, discounts at checkout, prices that require a minimum quantity purchase, offers advertised as percentage off or dollar off, or buy one get one free advertisements without a specified price.
-Walmart Canada reserves the right to modify the terms of this price match policy at any time."

If I were to ask them to match a price from WM.ca, I'd be inclined to have this page open as well.

Tags
walmart