Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #21
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Intersing find!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
how come the clerk or manager does not realize this obviously mistake?
People that work at the returns desk get pretty badly abused. As long as it's close they just take it back.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #22
Lakanl
Send a message via MSN to Lakanl

You know what the worst part is? There's a good chance that someone is gonna find a: 'Used Vintage G1 Optimus Prime with trailer' on ebay, and buy it.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #23
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
,pointed out that there's no way in hell some poor kid is going to be able to load a "dragon tail" into the launcher and fire it.
You can make that Happen !
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #24
Doctor Kibble
Generation 1

Repackers are scum...
Doctor Kibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #25
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Kibble View Post
Repackers are scum...
I agree. But then who's even more scum than that? The store or department manager that puts it back on the shelf knowing its broken, incomplete, or even the wrong item.

They could just pop it into the damaged goods in the back and be reimbursed for the store's costs through insurance that has already been set up, but no. The guy in charge just wants to get profit too, and at the expense of the consumer.

And don't tell me they don't know. When you have and identical 10 of these things on the shelf, and then you go to put one up that clearly looks different, there's something wrong. Bringing it up doesn't matter, not by the customer, and not by the clerk that discovers it. The clerks that actually handle the stuff aren't to blame, they can only do what they're told. And they're told to cheat the customers.

Last edited by Shepp; 06-14-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #26
MacDougs
I heart robots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I agree. But then who's even more scum than that? The store or department manager that puts it back on the shelf knowing its broken, incomplete, or even the wrong item.

They could just pop it into the damaged goods in the back and be reimbursed for the store's costs through insurance that has already been set up, but no. The guy in charge just wants to get profit too, and at the expense of the consumer.

And don't tell me they don't know. When you have and identical 10 of these things on the shelf, and then you go to put one up that clearly looks different, there's something wrong. Bringing it up doesn't matter, not by the customer, and not by the clerk that discovers it. The clerks that actually handle the stuff aren't to blame, they can only do what they're told. And they're told to cheat the customers.
OK, this is a pretty unfair statement. For starters, not all stores get full credit for damaged items. Zellers only gets around 7% back. I don't know what it's like at other stores, but that means that ANY item taken back that is in non-sellable condition results in the store losing money.

Second, not all returned items are restocked by people who know what they're doing. Due to the failing economy I've seen a lot of cashiers restocking returns vs the people responsible for the respective departments.

Third, cheating customers is one of the last things a manager would want to do. Losing repeat business is a big deal to a retail store, and it's proven that customers who have a bad experience are more likely to tell others.

Now I'm not saying this sort of thing doesn't happen, but making an umbrella statement like that without knowing all the facts is a little ignorant.
MacDougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #27
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDougs View Post
OK, this is a pretty unfair statement. For starters, not all stores get full credit for damaged items. Zellers only gets around 7% back. I don't know what it's like at other stores, but that means that ANY item taken back that is in non-sellable condition results in the store losing money.

Second, not all returned items are restocked by people who know what they're doing. Due to the failing economy I've seen a lot of cashiers restocking returns vs the people responsible for the respective departments.

Third, cheating customers is one of the last things a manager would want to do. Losing repeat business is a big deal to a retail store, and it's proven that customers who have a bad experience are more likely to tell others.

Now I'm not saying this sort of thing doesn't happen, but making an umbrella statement like that without knowing all the facts is a little ignorant.

A fair and very well written rebuttal. I humbly admit my ignorance. That statement made by me is only from my knowledge of working at a single retail store a long time ago. You're right, I should not blanket the whole industry with wild accusations.

I did not know why retailers such as Zellers sold things in such crappy conditions before, but seeing the small percentage of return makes me understand.

I still don't approve of a retailer trying to sell stuff that looks like its been through a trash compactor (I've actually seen that more often than repacking, to be honest), but I will take that on a case by case basis rather than umbrella everything and everyone.

I apologize to the board for seeding accusations like that. And I apologize to the many managers, clerks, chashiers, and companies out there trying to conduct respectable business despite the repackers and scalpers and other scum (and irritable customers like I can be from time to time) they have to deal with.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #28
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

whoever did that is a jerk.but i DO want a cybertron prime so i would buy it if i found that!

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #29
MacDougs
I heart robots

Thanks for being so humble. I agree that it's becoming a pretty big problem, but I think it only seems to exist because of the limitations with theft. What I mean is that usually they're too big or obvious to be stolen easily. Star Wars figs can be ripped open and shoved in a pocket in a matter of 20 seconds. Cards are easy enough to steal as well. LEGO comes in handy little bags so you can take only the parts you want (and the figs are usually in the smaller bags). Transformers on the other hand are usually quite large and twist-tied into their own little corner of hell. Now I know that not everyone who repackages figures is someone who would steal but they're not far off on the morality scale.

I've lectured the service desk employees several times about paying attention when people return toys, especially Transformers. I once found a deluxe movie Bumblebee package with an energon Insecticon and Battle Ravage inside. Now I applaud the person for at least returning 2 figures for 1, but it was so blatantly obvious that it shouldn't have gotten by.
MacDougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #30
RodimusMatrix
Beasty

it also funny is that he or she gave up on their cybertron prime i bet they are laughing about it as we speak. can u image if that cybertron prime belonged to someones kid or if it was some older brother took it from their kid brother and returned it took the money for i would be pissed
________
Toyota origin

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:18 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote