Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #941
Felix
Generation 1
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by transbot90210 View Post
Or it was an employee? Employees are the worst scalpers of the bunch.
Could be.... Most of the local TRU shows they only get 4 MP soundwave..... So I guess only 1% of people who wants one can only get it at regular price (if you like lucky) and the rest have to eat at a premium 2nd hand.
Felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #942
soundwave1st
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
It is good to help people, but lately there has been lots of new members since the Soundwave Preorder happened. I would suggest only sell it to people u know to prevent scalping. It is up to the seller of course. U never know who these new people are. We have lots of those at BC sighting thread lately, some even provide fake sighting.... Claiming there is nothing, but there was actually 15 or so Soundwave at the store.. I seen some of these newbies around other Soundwave related thread too. Just beware.
Can't let a few bad eggs spoil the rep of all new members though, we are not all scalpers. Some individuals probably only discovered the site recently due to the Soundwave buzz, like me. Hopefully the fullfillment of pre-orders and appearance in-store will end the scalping of Soundwave in the near term. I still believe in starting a locational matching list for the extra soundwaves pending to help out fellow board members who missed out. I also agree with the original post that buyer/seller still must beware and cautious, but that is standard for most online transacting anyways.
soundwave1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #943
steamwhistle
Crossover

It is not easy balancing both sides -- being friendly and being certain about making a deal.

I have had a few deals via MsgBoard that got cancelled for various reasons. Most of the times the reasons were reasonable. However, it kinda sucks when had already told others that I already committed to sell the item. Sometimes I gave up better offers because I thought someone had committed to dealing with me. And, really, most of the times I've had deals fall through... they were with "new" members (or, at least, members that don't make significant posts very often).

Sure, it is up to the seller to decide to whom to sell an item. Me, I won't be critical about someone preferring to sell to someone with greater involvement and a better standing and reputation on the MsgBoards. I can understand the reasoning behind it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #944
zerocustom
Machine War

Just got my shipping notice for sound wave.

zerocustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #945
omegaprime
Energon

Is the feedback really important ? I usually bought tfs from boardmembers .. dealers like B&K , KOOLTOYZ , MY CARTOON HERO , AJ from Scarborough ..is it really important to be welcome .please advise ?

Quote:
Too bad, if that is how u put us this way. Not selling to people we hardly know doesn't mean we r not friendly. I don't think u should use that to describe older members here. U will probably find it fishy if u have been on this forum long enough and see all these registered users pop up from nowhere when Mp Soundwave showed up at about the same time. Especially those who gave fake sightings. I am for one won't sell them to new members that I don't see very often here and have no feedback at all...
omegaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #946
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

This may be a bit off topic but I think it's relevant. I'm new here just because I've just started to collect after a long time. I wouldn't want to be bulked in with those who would be potential scalpers for sure.

I guess the existing feedback system in place is the best method to use to be safe for both sides of a sale.

My question is, are the feedback threads just for buyers to comment on sellers or does it work both ways? I haven't sold anything through the forum, but I have bought. Should I have a feedback thread so that sellers can comment on their experience with me during transactions?

Last edited by Nazarite; 09-18-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #947
trex5000
Generation 1

Just got acid storm in the mail from tru. Yesterday I got an email from them saying soundwave will be a month early...sweet then this morning they said he is on backorder.
trex5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #948
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post

My question is, are the feedback threads just for buyers to comment on sellers or does it work both ways? I haven't sold anything through the forum, but I have bought. Should I have a feedback thread so that sellers can comment on their experience with me during transactions?
Pretty obvious, would u buy things/sell things on eBay to people with 0 feedback, well, not me, sorry. Feedback at least clear a bit of a barrier. Just go check out mine for an example. And so obvious I am not a scalper if u look at my sales thread as well. It has all the history, so clear that I am a legit collector.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #949
pside9
Beasty

I've recently become a member, and I can understand the importance of being careful about who to sell to, with the flood of new members.

Seeing there were some fake sightings, (even if they're weren't around my Niagara area), left a bad taste in my mouth.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #950
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

Quote:
Pretty obvious, would u buy things/sell things on eBay to people with 0 feedback, well, not me, sorry. Feedback at least clear a bit of a barrier. Just go check out mine for an example. And so obvious I am not a scalper if u look at my sales thread as well. It has all the history, so clear that I am a legit collector.
I understand the concept of feedback. I just wanted clarification on how to properly post it here. I have been here less that two months and I have more post then some have made in a year. Why? I enjoy this site, I enjoy the community and I enjoy my hobby. I just want to be involved and interact in a proper way.

Last edited by Nazarite; 09-18-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote