Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #41
shazam
Generation 2
shazam's Ebay Auctions
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

Saw the movie, loved it, will see it again. Its not without its flaws but if you take it as huge robots fighting with tonnes of explosions and action, you won't be disappointed. Certainly better than Revenge of the Fallen! Loved the almost Transformers Animated - creation of Megatron / Galvatron theme, thought they could have explored that bit more.
shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #42
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_decepticon View Post
Personally I think this film was better than all the other three films combined! Yes it did have a lot of flaws, Galvatron was a big disappointment for me and not having a real point in film only just to be there, the whole meeting of the dinobots felt random and rushed. Everything else like all the action scenes were awesome as hell except the constant explosions from Bay which was to be expected. The gravity beam from lockdown's ship was a complete cluster fuck of a scene but everything else in film was epic! My rating: 7.5/10
\\

Having read through the thread I believe this sums it up best for me. Although Megatron is my favourite all time character (bayverse excluded) Galvatron is undoubtedly my second and his presence in this movie was not even close to being justified. In his alt mode I could only see KITT/KARR with the moving headlight thing. Hound's character was way off from what I expected. I would give it 6/10 and will wait for Blu-Ray before watching it again. If there is a next part as Colossus was half empty for the last 2d show, way more Galvatron. The worst part was my 5 year old has watched all the movies with me and they held his attention, this one not even close as he fell asleep 2/3 of the way through and this is a kid who is always up way past midnight on Fridays. His transforming watch held his attention more than the movie (good thing I found it before we left lol)
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #43
Perceptor
Alternator

Best scene I like was actually the first car chase scene with Shane behind the wheel. Too bad his rally car didn't transform.
Most disappointing for me is the Decepticons don't transform, but dissolve and reform.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #44
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Thanks to AOE I now officially disown everything to do with the Bayverse. I'm selling off my TFTM '07, ROTF, and DOTM DVDs and I have zero desire to own AOE when it comes out on video let alone seeing it again. Optimus' rocket boots and his insanely murderous personality, "Transformium", "The Creators", Dinobots as the 'Knights' That Don't Say Ni (or anything for that matter...and Knights of what or why???), all of these prove the Bayverse has finally jumped the shark/nuked the fridge.

Ok, ok...before I conclude my geewun fanboy tirade I'll concede to elements that I did like with AOE. Optimus' retro flat-nosed Evasion mode was a sweet callback and BB's old black Camaro mode was cool. Galvatron was under-utilized but now I have a justified reason to re-name my MP10B.

And that's it.

Overblown and out of gas. That's where Bay has taken his franchise. So just like every chapter after 'Aliens' or all the sequels after 'Terminator 2' or most of the STAR WARS prequels the Bay movies officially never happened in my book.

Fuck you Michael Bay. I want the $19 and 2.5+ hours of my life back.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:36 AM   #45
Vorahk
Energon

I think my biggest issue with the movie is not enough memorable decepticon characters. I did really like galvatron in the movie, though he needed to at least at some point get his decepticon symbol back.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:51 AM   #46
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorahk View Post
I think my biggest issue with the movie is not enough memorable decepticon characters. I did really like galvatron in the movie, though he needed to at least at some point get his decepticon symbol back.
True, but I think it was intentional. Now, im not defending Bay, I would love to see another person take on this project, anyone else reallly.... But leaving out all the decepticons allowed Lockdown and K.S.I to develop as real threats. Hands down, Lockdown was kickass and his score gave me the chills. The humans were also more interesting this time around, by making their own transformers(albiet they were later used as decepticons)....But overall the real focus was on Lockdown and the aforementioned "creators". im guessing thats where the next film is going, cybertron, creatorville? Please be Unicron.

I mean, at least were seeing some progress in the story, its not just OP vs Meg over and over....blasphemy? Maybe, but its something new.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #47
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

What is up with all the hate?

This film held my attention, featured The Transformers far more than any previous iteration, we singlehandedly got the most dialogue from a CGI character in these films in this one than all three put together. The Autobots were more involved with the central plot, the romance was toned down to the point of almost being non-existent, and above all the characters possessed a little bit more character here.

This movie, being another sequel and not a reboot has to be darker in tone considering how DotM left off. That was so damn dark, with a depressing ending this film seems to have redeemed it by setting up more of a threat in the world.

It also expanded the threat outside of the US, hell I'm looking forward to movie 5 and I certainly hope it can deliver after what I saw here.

Sure it had some flaws, sure it copped out on the transformation of the 'Vehicons' in all honesty though how could it not? We're talking 50 models to render, getting all of them to Transform would have tripled the budget on this.

If RotF had been given this kind of attention plot wise we might have a different opinion of it. The pacing alone in AoE was much less condensed and confusing compared to some of the pacing issues from the first trilogy.

Just about the only thing they needed to do a better job explaining involved the Dinobots, but that could be brought up in a sequel involving the Creators, who hopefully will have five faces, though you never know. Also how Optimus fit in with everything or even knew what the hell Lockdown was going on about, that admittedly was random as hell because it wasn't given any chance to be properly explained, not even in flashback.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #48
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
My score...

-pre-Optimus scan: 9.5/10
-post-Optimus scan: 5.5/10

At the beginning of the movie, you FEEL for poor Ratchet, you FEEL for poor Optimus, you're SCARED of Lockdown, and you CARE for the human characters. But all that goes away after Prime scans his new truck mode.

Autobots don't behave like Autobots should, no respect for life, Bee is now some kind of teenager douchebag and not very important, Hound becomes an annoying parody over time, Drift switches between 2 alt modes for no reason even though he's not a true triple changer, other than Lockdown, Decepticons are just souless drones, Galvatron is pretty useless, Dinobots are poorly explained (if at all) and don't even talk (althought the action with them, especially Strafe, is pretty cool), after being so awesome, Lockdown suddenly steps back for no reason, the way Decepticons transform is just insulting, Bee scans his new alt mode for no obvious reason, Tessa becomes useless, Optimus suddenly flies without any jetpack, Autobots first got back into action out of nowhere, etc. That said, I'm not sure the casual viewer will care about all that stuff.

Personally, I thought the action was cool though, and I liked how Drift used Liam Neeson's official French voice in the French dub (the one I saw). I would have liked it better if it would have taken longer for Optimus to find his Autobot companions (one by one?), and the discovery of the Dinobots should have been more epic.

Oh, and Jablonsky's score was probably the weakest of the franchise. Nothing memorable there.
Yes! The first 45 min or so were great until the autobots reunited then it was just all Bay.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #49
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
30 posts and nothing about IMAX yet. It should be seen in it if at all possible. The 3D was fantastic. The sound and audio were great. I am not sure what the ratio breakdown was but a lot of shots took the entire screen. As for the running time, felt like the fastest 3 hour movie in history.

The movie is reviewer proof. The online reviews dogging 'all the product placements' have never seen a Bay movie. The only question is how much money it makes this weekend.
Going back and forth between IMAX shots and regular was really distracting. Wish the IMAX version was all IMAX. When the ratio would switch it would also be much more blurry. Terrible.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #50
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I will be looking forward to buying it on DVD and am currently on the search for a Crosshairs figure. It had it's flaws, but overall, it was pretty good. I find it amusing on Tumblr all the grown adults whining about their childhoods. This has nothing to do with your childhoods. Bayverse doesn't even exist in the same universe as G1, you can't compare them. Even though this movie reeks of G1 season 1 and 2.

EDIT: Age of Extinction" grossed $52 million internationally in 36 markets on Friday, bringing its international total to $80 million after three days. China brought in a record-breaking $30 million in a single day in its regular and IMAX theaters, the latter 148 screens making up 24% of the total IMAX screens globally.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Last edited by Knockout; 06-28-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote