Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 06-28-2016, 01:02 AM   #11
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Unite Warriors Bruticus review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenisOP View Post
A much better articulated version of my thoughts. Thanks WereDragon! I think the biggest bonus to Strafe is that that giant chest is actually the backpack on Strafe.
No problem. I think that Strafe not having that wide cockpit as a chest piece is definitely one of the big advantages he has over Blast Off. I also like that Strafe's feet are not those thrusters that Blast Off had, that was my other big issue with the figure. It was a brilliant idea by Takara to make the back of Blast Off's robot mode into the front of Strafe's. I suppose this change is helped by the fact that Strafe has a white portion on the center of his chest, which is represented by the combiner peg. I guess Strafe's vehicle mode doesn't look as bad as Blast Off's partly because Strafe is a fictional vehicle, thus we have no per-conceptions over how it's really supposed to look, unlike a Space Shuttle (which we all know what that looks like). I think Strafe having three weapons (excluding the HFG) also helps, in contrast to Blast Off's dinky little pistol.

Anyway, here's another review of the Unite Warriors Bruticus set, this time in English, which more specifically focuses on Blast Off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Z_5VhtKiw
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #12
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^ Thanks for the link. One thing I noticed which has me a little concerned is right around 22:23. The reviewer point out that he was transforming the leg on Onslaught and got a stress mark on the shin. That spot is the exact spot where Pyra Magna got stress marks on Victorion because of the backwards knee assembly. I'm hoping this isn't the case with UW Onslaught
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #13
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
^^ Thanks for the link. One thing I noticed which has me a little concerned is right around 22:23. The reviewer point out that he was transforming the leg on Onslaught and got a stress mark on the shin. That spot is the exact spot where Pyra Magna got stress marks on Victorion because of the backwards knee assembly. I'm hoping this isn't the case with UW Onslaught
Yeah, no problem. However, if you look carefully at the coloration of the Onslaught figure in that review, you'll see that it's definitely the UW Onslaught that got those stress marks. While I won't be getting this set, I can certainly understand the concerns, given how much the set costs. I guess it's something to watch out for if you do plan on getting this set.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote