Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #41
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
I didn't always have a thing against him. There was a time I considered him a friend. I've known him since John's Collectibles and the Rupert store. I'm also an ex-A3U employee. Never did get my last pay check after the store went under. So he stole money from me and from close friends of mine. I know of despicable things he has done that the TF fandom is completely ignorant of. So I hope you'll understand that not only can I not shop with anyone that has that association with him, I simply cannot give my business to anyone that is operating in the same store as him.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I was very careful before hiring any employees or going retail with this so that it won't happen with my crew.

Agreed... Not paying employees is not cool in any business.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #42
Pascal
Banned

When Quebec is going to get their new NHL team, are they going to call it the Nordiques again or some other fancy/trendy name? One could argue the Nordiques name could be associated with past mediocrity, but some could also associate it to great names like the Stastny bothers, Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic... Either way, the new Nordiques will be a totally new team, just the current Ottawa Senators have nothing to do with the old Senators who won the Cup multiple times.

You make a call (the choice of a name), it makes some people happy and makes other unhappy. Same thing with old A3U vs new A3U.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #43
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I can't believe Spencer has become such a pariah in this community that Boris had to add a small disclaimer.

Good luck A3U. Hopefully you can rise above the infamy of your namesake.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #44
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
When Quebec is going to get their new NHL team, are they going to call it the Nordiques again or some other fancy/trendy name? One could argue the Nordiques name could be associated with past mediocrity, but some could also associate it to great names like the Stastny bothers, Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic... Either way, the new Nordiques will be a totally new team, just the current Ottawa Senators have nothing to do with the old Senators who won the Cup multiple times.

You make a call (the choice of a name), it makes some people happy and makes other unhappy. Same thing with old A3U vs new A3U.
Well said Pascal.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #45
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Well said Pascal.
It's understood that there are marketting reasons to associate yourself with Spencer, through the A3U name.

...but PLEASE don't associate your store with the Nordiques!!!!
That would be business-cide!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #46
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Personally, I too believe Boris should have taken a new name, but I can understand why he chose to keep the name. I loved going to the old A3U store. I have fond memories of picking up TFs or grabbing the latest Revoltech figure, etc. It seems there are people here that have already condemned Boris through guilt by association. And that's fine, it's not right, but they're entitled to that belief. After all, the A3U issue was and still is quite a sore spot for many consumers.

At the end of the day, money talks, bullshit walks. If Boris can provide good service, at fair prices, he should be fine. We all know the prices of toys have escalated quite a bit in the past couple of years, so as long as Boris can fulfill the need at a decent price, it's all good. It's good that Boris has come on here to explain things and to show some transparency, but I'm afraid he's going to have to do a lot of that. It's going to take a while to rebuild A3U.

I will go down to the Lougheed location to check out A3U's rental space in the next week or so. I am curious to see how things are run.
Well said. I'm typically at the store evening and weekends. My Associate Brooke takes the day shift. Always nice to have people from the community visit.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #47
Darth Wave
Alternator

Well I was one of the many happy customers back in the early days of A3U... till things started to go south. I saw a few friends get screwed over and that pissed me off. In a way it was a blessing because it made me to look else where for my TF fix... thus Cybertron.ca was found on the web.

I always believe in second chances... so I will go check out the store and if all goes well may return.

Boris good luck w/ your new/old advanture here with A3U and I do hope you turn the name around and open up your own store front.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #48
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
It's understood that there are marketting reasons to associate yourself with Spencer, through the A3U name.

...but PLEASE don't associate your store with the Nordiques!!!!
That would be business-cide!
HA! Maybe when they do a Transformers / NHL crossover. I'd like to see Mat Sundin transform into a zamboni.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #49
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
In Kelly's defence, she felt she needed the 'Super' title to be taken seriously.
Ha! Kelly Hrudy is a man, man. Former L.A. Kings goalie, now a commenter on CBC Hockey Night in Canada. My wife calls him "smilin' noddin' Kurt Russell" whenever he's on screen.

Hrudy was a fine netminder, but he had the worst glove hand ready position ever - like a crossing guard holding up a stop sign.

Plus he really stoned my Leafs one playoffs.

Carry on.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #50
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I wish you the best of luck, as you've got a major uphill battle in front of you.

As with everything, time will tell how the new A3U turns out... but anything that brings another retailer to Canadians is a good thing.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup