Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #31
MasterOfPuppets
Generation 1
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Hi there. Seen your posts before. Seems like you really had something against Spencer. I really don't know how to respond.
I didn't always have a thing against him. There was a time I considered him a friend. I've known him since John's Collectibles and the Rupert store. I'm also an ex-A3U employee. Never did get my last pay check after the store went under. So he stole money from me and from close friends of mine. I know of despicable things he has done that the TF fandom is completely ignorant of. So I hope you'll understand that not only can I not shop with anyone that has that association with him, I simply cannot give my business to anyone that is operating in the same store as him.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #32
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I was one of the folks that got a late package from A3U (back in the Spencer era), but it never really bothered me as the package did eventually arrive complete and the communication was clear. Frankly if the price is right, I'll give just about anyone my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Well, well, well, look who was right after all...
Who? ...more importantly about what?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #33
Pascal
Banned

About A3U actually having a new ownership. I called it, no one believed me, someone even implied I was blatantly lying about the whole thing, which is utterly retarded. What do/did I have to gain out of that, I don't think I've ever bought something from their online store other than a few Roadbots once. I just happened to know one of their former employees and I had a chat with the new ownership (Boris or Adrian, can't remember). That's it, I just relayed what I knew.

I'm still dumbfounded reading about people here not willing to believe the legitimacy of this new ownership. Yeah, Spencer fucked up big time, yes, employees never got their last paycheck and that sucks (I guess Spencer decided to refund angry customers first), but Boris is not Spencer. And A3U is only a name. I too think Boris should have chosen a new name, but what can you do, it's his call, not ours.

Last edited by Pascal; 12-10-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #34
Oreobot
Beasty

Just wondering who owns Urban Samarai Hobbies? Is it Spencer's business?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #35
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

Seems Pascal you're on your own man for believing this!

Boris a little advice if you want business to pick up and grow some trust again change the name, and start fresh!! Or your business wont be around long enough. This is just my opinion. Also good luck.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #36
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

A3U has been around for a lot of years now as an online retailer and I suspect its a fairly well known web address despite the problems of the past year.

A new name is a difficult thing to build when one has an established name thats been around for a long time.

Keep in mind the that likely the majority of A3U customers, old or new ownership, are not a part of Cybertron or TFW, so on.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #37
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post

Seems Pascal you're on your own man for believing this!
You're probably right. And Super Megatron isn't really running this site, Kelly Hrudey is.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #38
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
You're probably right. And Super Megatron isn't really running this site, Kelly Hrudey is.
In Kelly's defence, she felt she needed the 'Super' title to be taken seriously.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #39
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leozak View Post
I wish all the success and if you happen to be at TFCon next year, I'll be sure to drop by and say hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Sweet... I totally intend to set up there. Hope to meet a lot of new faces.
I think this is very important. A3U has long been 1 of the great dealers at TFcon and people enjoy visiting the table.

Hopefully, your presence there will generate alot of good talk that'll close the old stories.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #40
pud333
Animated

Quote:
About A3U actually having a new ownership. I called it, no one believed me, someone even implied I was blatantly lying about the whole thing, which is utterly retarded.
I believe you had something to do with the phoney moon landing too, didn't you Pascal? Admit it!

Quote:
I'm still dumbfounded reading about people here not willing to believe the legitimacy of this new ownership. Yeah, Spencer fucked up big time, yes, employees never got their last paycheck and that sucks (I guess Spencer decided to refund angry customers first), but Boris is not Spencer. And A3U is only a name. I too think Boris should have chosen a new name, but what can you do, it's his call, not ours.
I totally agree. If there ever was a comment to recommend, it would be this one.

Personally, I too believe Boris should have taken a new name, but I can understand why he chose to keep the name. I loved going to the old A3U store. I have fond memories of picking up TFs or grabbing the latest Revoltech figure, etc. It seems there are people here that have already condemned Boris through guilt by association. And that's fine, it's not right, but they're entitled to that belief. After all, the A3U issue was and still is quite a sore spot for many consumers.

At the end of the day, money talks, bullshit walks. If Boris can provide good service, at fair prices, he should be fine. We all know the prices of toys have escalated quite a bit in the past couple of years, so as long as Boris can fulfill the need at a decent price, it's all good. It's good that Boris has come on here to explain things and to show some transparency, but I'm afraid he's going to have to do a lot of that. It's going to take a while to rebuild A3U.

I will go down to the Lougheed location to check out A3U's rental space in the next week or so. I am curious to see how things are run.

Last edited by pud333; 12-10-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup