Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #121
TFtoys
Animated
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
You don't like to shop there? Move on. I had a problem with another retailer, I made my comments and I moved on. Hating something forever is unhealthy and you should ask yourself how meaningless is your life that you gotta create drama in other people's lives to make yourself actually feel like you're a part of something?

It's just a toy store.
Yeah. Don't let A3U takes us apart.. I thought we all are like brothers and sisters in the cybertron network...

I rather hate Walmart than a small toy store. Walmart as a mess retailer not supported to tell me the same voyager class has different "value" and attempt to persuade me not to price match...
Anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
Boris: I've only briefly stopped by Urban Samurai once, but now that I know you're there, I look forward to going back and meeting you in person. I can appreciate your situation. Have you gotten any difficulty from Japanese suppliers due to the A3U name? I know the value of "face" in that culture, and if they have been burned in the past it may be a concern. I hope that your A3U doesn't prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

-BT
You just gave me an idea. Keeping the A3U names could be a positive for the supplier relationship to work on the price budgeting. The longer the relationship, probably the easier, the quicker and cheaper to access to operate the store. If Boris tries to have himself a new name, the supplier won't be able to give him better deal or notify him any new products.
And by comparing the A3U website to the old one, it is similar TF lines that they can carry like last year. Henkei, e-hobby, and Trans-scanning. Just they don't seem to carry gundam and superrobot war model, which the metrotown comic store carries. And I guess the Metrotown comic store not able to get much Henkei line because A3U hold on to this supplier.
Bad reputation or not, A3U website is already a finished product that Boris can use directly and easier for him as a first time in the toy business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Oh man, don't even get me started about Mike and his friends...........
I guest I have to start googling/wiki about Mike's history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

EDIT: And somehow, some people here seem to think/believe/assume I'm an "A3U lover" and that I'm the only person on Earth to support that store. ...
God, this place can sure be exhausting at times... All this over retarded Transformers. Gee.
Yeah, I totally heard you,Pascal. How can people treat my TF mentor this way ?
Pascal almost the first Canadian to get the first hand TF before retail in the past and wrote a desent toy reviews. How could he be a A3U lover if A3U has those TF available after the ebay appearance most of the time ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Benny View Post
Hi there. First post and a newbie to collecting G1 transformers.
...In the display case a Revoltech Starscream caught my eye. My favourite transformer and damn, it looked awesome. From there I discovered the Henkei line which I fell in love with.
Welcome board and that's why a physical store is so important for window shopping than an online one.
you could also find desent deal in the Crystal mall in Burnaby and several toy stores in the Richmond while they have those on sale. we have those sighting here. Hopefully you can maximize you excitment and TF experience by looking at different display from different stores.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #122
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
God, this place can sure be exhausting at times... All this over retarded Transformers. Gee.
You find Transformers retarded? Well then, I'll be kind enough to relieve you of such a burden, feel free to give them all to me.

you're welcome.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #123
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
You find Transformers retarded? Well then, I'll be kind enough to relieve you of such a burden, feel free to give them all to me.

you're welcome.
I think you know what I meant. It's supposed to be just a hobby to enjoy yet some people are taking Transformers so seriously... it's just too much.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #124
Quantum
Uh-huh.
Talking Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Quote:
It's supposed to be just a hobby to enjoy yet some people are taking Transformers so seriously... it's just too much.
Agreed.

As for "mike", just n case, is totally fictional. Any similarity to a real person is unintentional and purely coincidental.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #125
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
But surely, people in BC, check the store carely, u will find evidence i mentioned from the store. U will find Spencer is one of the owner. I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all.
For those of us with lesser detective skills, could you point out what specific evidence we should be looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Agreed.

As for "mike", just n case, is totally fictional. Any similarity to a real person is unintentional and purely coincidental.
Mike is history's greatest monster.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #126
Quantum
Uh-huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
For those of us with lesser detective skills, could you point out what specific evidence we should be looking for?

Mike is history's greatest monster.

That's what I think too. Says so on the Interweb.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #127
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Wow... some of you are blowing this WAY out of proportion... You people need to just calm down, and, oh... I dunno, not shop at A3U? It's a new owner, a new store, and an old name. Lets not run Boris out of town until he actually DOES scam somebody, ok?

If it turns out Boris is telling the complete truth... I think he deserves some slack, and a chance.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #128
MasterOfPuppets
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
So just a side note Boris created the website and domain name for Spencer. They've been working together from the day him and Spencer hooked up to make A3U. Boris has been a member of A3U as long as Spencer has.
This is an out right fabrication. I have a lot of reasons to despise Spencer but even I know this is complete bullshit. I knew Spencer for almost the entire run of A3U, I know his former business partners and I used to work for the guy and never did anyone named Boris ever come up. I find it hard to believe he could keep Boris under wraps for what, 5 years? Unlikely.

And C_Shewins, what exactly did he do to you? You harbor a lot of hate for Spencer, which I find very amusing, but I gotta wonder what he actually did to you.

A lot of you guys seem to be focusing your responses to people that seem to spouting complete nonsense, and I can see why, it's really easy. But did everyone just ignore my last post because it's the truth and no one can refute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
Your post came across a bit that way to me and I made an assumption. Jumped the gun a bit, my bad.

There are also distributors he owes thousands to and business partners that he ripped off and owes thousands to. He took full pre-order payments upfront, squandered the money and when it came time to pay up he had no money so there were huge delays with product and instead of admitting his own fuck-ups he claimed his Japanese distributors were ripping him off. There was also that ridiculous 15% restocking fee for an item that wasn't even there yet. And he didn't choose to end A3U, he had no choice. He had no money, the reputation of his online store was in the dirt and the mall had basically kicked him out.

I can forget the lost pay check; it's despicable but it's nothing compared to the thousands that he owes a good friend of mine and other awful things he has done that aren't even related to business. But the fact that he can just open up another toy store when he can't even pay these people back is just sickening. I also thought he had "lost interest" in the hobby. Guess not.

People can think I'm making all this up because I hold some sort of grudge or whatever. But I'm not. I'm speaking nothing but the truth. You'll just have to take my word for it the same way you'll have to take Boris' word that Spencer isn't running the new A3U behind the scenes. I speak the truth because I don't want to see people fueling his business because he'll just end up ripping someone else off in the end. I'm not telling anyone not to buy from Boris, that's their choice to make. I'm just saying that I will not shop with the new A3U as long as they operate within the same store as Spencer and continue to be associated with him.
Oh and that Nordiques analogy from before is completely retarded. The truth is you could have changed the name to "Used Diaper and TF Store" and as long as you have the best prices for TFs and you can get the word out (which is very easy) the fans will flock to you. Not like Ages Three and Up was a very good name to begin with. I always got customers coming in asking "Where are the baby toys?" Very irritating.

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 12-14-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #129
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
I think you know what I meant. It's supposed to be just a hobby to enjoy yet some people are taking Transformers so seriously... it's just too much.
I take Transformers very seriously and like to think of them as much more than just a hobby.

This thread's beef is with a former store's perceived practices and a new takeover-er's perceieved ties.

It's about perception of a business/person, not about Transformers at all.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #130
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

Oh and that Nordiques analogy from before is completely retarded. The truth is you could have changed the name to "Used Diaper and TF Store" and as long as you have the best prices for TFs and you can get the word out (which is very easy) the fans will flock to you.
The retard would like to suggest you send an email to Mario from Automaton to see if it's as easy as you think to start a new store... A name can matter. If BBTS was to change hands, pretty sure the new owner would think about it twice before changing the name. Ok, A3U is no BBTS, but I think you get the point.

Last edited by Pascal; 12-14-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup